University of Chicago Oriental Innstitute

China Jim

FYI to the guys and gals journey to the institutes web site they offer various courses you will have to check which ones are open also go to gift shop real neat and pretty cheap stuff to order they have a book store in which you can either order book to be mailed or pdf down load for a fee various titles. If you take a course and pass it then you get a certificate and continueing education credits and look at it this way you to can go to the school Henry and Oxley went to get bragging rights I am planning for January 2012 2 month course on Mesopotamia can't wait.
China Jim

Goodeknight

China Jim said:
FYI to the guys and gals journey to the institutes web site they offer various courses you will have to check which ones are open also go to gift shop real neat and pretty cheap stuff to order they have a book store in which you can either order book to be mailed or pdf down load for a fee various titles. If you take a course and pass it then you get a certificate and continueing education credits and look at it this way you to can go to the school Henry and Oxley went to get bragging rights I am planning for January 2012 2 month course on Mesopotamia can't wait.
China Jim

A lot of top schools have these sorts of certificate programs for summer schools, distance learning, or individual courses. They give people the opportunity to list "Oxford educated" on their credentials.

Great school. Keep us posted on how it goes.

China Jim

Didnt make it in time

Could not split time between Mesopatamia and Rome so I chose Rome since it goes to my degree credits