Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Mutt.

LOL. That's epic!
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #53
WilliamBoyd8
IndyFan

Maybe it is time to bring Indy home to America.

WilliamBoyd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #54
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamBoyd8
Maybe it is time to bring Indy home to America.

True, he didn't spend any time there in the past two films...

(But as far as villainy goes? Yeah, the rogue military guy is still an idea with potential. And they've even got General Ross as cover to show that they're not all like that.)
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #55
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
True, he didn't spend any time there in the past two films...

(But as far as villainy goes? Yeah, the rogue military guy is still an idea with potential. And they've even got General Ross as cover to show that they're not all like that.)

Every time I hear the name 'General Ross' I think of the Hulk, and then the atomic explosion in the desert which Indy barely survives. There seems to be an obvious connection. After the explosion the Hulk is hunted by the military, and Indy himself is also distrusted for a time.

Not sure they would revisit that Indy vs the US military plot. I'd like to see him abroad with a foreign nemesis, unless #5 was bold enough to go the Hitchcock route with a North by Northwest thriller at home. (Such a tale of intrigue would better suit the more mature character, but not necessarily the audience expecting KOTCS part 2.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #56
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

At the rate the "development" of this film is going, they'll soon be able to do a 1970s-era conspiracy thriller like "The Parallax View" or "3 Days of the Condor."

Heck, maybe Harrison Ford could play a dual role as a very aged Indy and, via computer technology, his character from "The Conversation."
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #57
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
At the rate the "development" of this film is going, they'll soon be able to do a 1970s-era conspiracy thriller like "The Parallax View" or "3 Days of the Condor."

Heck, maybe Harrison Ford could play a dual role as a very aged Indy and, via computer technology, his character from "The Conversation."

Or Capricorn One - if Indy makes it to 1969 he can uncover the moon landing hoax.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #58
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

When it comes to villains and Indiana Jones 5 I'd like to see something along the lines of Rift, Transformers Dark of the Moon or War of the Worlds.

We've got aliens in the pipes thanks to the story plot of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and there is no reason why the next Indiana Jones film can't utilize aliens and extraterrestrial encounters.

For example, at the end of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull it seemed as if the UFO he took off and head back into space. What if in the next movie a mad scientist or someone like Dr. John Dee is trying to make contact with some alien race that is believed to have helped in the construction of the Pyramids and accidentally opens a 'Rift' or series of 'Rifts. Earth would be the focal point of different planes sort of like Earith (Midgard) is in relation to the Yggdrasil tree of the Thor mythos. By tampering with space and time in an effort to contact the sentient beings of the cosmos Rifts of other planes have been opened and thus the Mad Scientist would align himself with powerful aliens and Indiana Jones must now fight against forces from the depths of space instead of the human villains we've seen in past Indiana Jones films.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #59
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeemedChild
When it comes to villains and Indiana Jones 5 I'd like to see something along the lines of Rift, Transformers Dark of the Moon or War of the Worlds.

We've got aliens in the pipes thanks to the story plot of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and there is no reason why the next Indiana Jones film can't utilize aliens and extraterrestrial encounters.

For example, at the end of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull it seemed as if the UFO he took off and head back into space. What if in the next movie a mad scientist or someone like Dr. John Dee is trying to make contact with some alien race that is believed to have helped in the construction of the Pyramids and accidentally opens a 'Rift' or series of 'Rifts. Earth would be the focal point of different planes sort of like Earith (Midgard) is in relation to the Yggdrasil tree of the Thor mythos. By tampering with space and time in an effort to contact the sentient beings of the cosmos Rifts of other planes have been opened and thus the Mad Scientist would align himself with powerful aliens and Indiana Jones must now fight against forces from the depths of space instead of the human villains we've seen in past Indiana Jones films.

Okay, I give in. Let's have the neo-Nazis!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #60
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

How about Indiana Jones villain be a little child? Eh?

If any of you have seen the 'The Impossible Astronaut' episode of Doctor Who then you'll know what I'm getting at.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #61
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
How about Indiana Jones villain be a little child? Eh? If any of you have seen the 'The Impossible Astronaut' episode of Doctor Who then you'll know what I'm getting at.
How about Clint Howard?

You could have your child and alien...

He may look like this now though...

Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #62
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
How about Indiana Jones villain be a little child? Eh?

There's been one villainous child:

Old 06-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #63
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
There's been one villainous child:

Ya, I know but this time I'm talking about a very sweet faced innocent child of whom no one could possibly guess was evil and devious. The child would also wield such incredible mystical power that it would nearly render Indiana Jones powerless against he or her.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #64
WillKill4Food
IndyFan

Quote:
...a very sweet faced innocent child of whom no one could possibly guess was evil and devious.
Yeah, just look at that smug mug. His flamboyance reveals his clearly evil and devious nature.

Quote:
Except for the unpopularity of the aliens direction. Most of the people I've talked to who like Indiana Jones but don't love the films have criticized the direction. Aliens are fine for a one-off, but it would be very odd if a few years down the road 2 of the 5 Indy movies were straight out of von Daniken.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #65
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
Except for the unpopularity of the aliens direction. Most of the people I've talked to who like Indiana Jones but don't love the films have criticized the direction. Aliens are fine for a one-off, but it would be very odd if a few years down the road 2 of the 5 Indy movies were straight out of von Daniken.

I agree WillKill, each movie so far has had a different god/entity. It would be uncharacteristic to repeat the alien thing.

If there are "aliens in the pipes" thanks to KOTCS, I hope that Lucas and Spielberg call the plumbers in before embarking in earnest on #5.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:41 PM   #66
Col. Dietrich
IndyFan

I think.

I personally think koosh, That the villains should not be nazis. I find it hard to believe spiel burg would have indy punching neo-nazis in the face during the 1960s. I personally think the soviets were a great idea except the villains needed some work and aren't as goofy looking as they looked in the movie such as spalko. She had a bull cut. It might be nice to see indy travel to Russia. Not Vietnam.
Col. Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:40 AM   #67
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Why does the bad guy have to be part of a real world power? Look at Bond with the various villains of that series. Let's think outside the world power box.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #68
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

If no Nazis...

Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:29 AM   #69
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Why does the bad guy have to be part of a real world power? Look at Bond with the various villains of that series. Let's think outside the world power box.

I'd be fine with another Belloq type of character. Maybe a private collector or a mafia leader who wants an artifact. We don't necessarily need it to be an entire army.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote