Which Indiana Jones film did Harrison Ford give his best performance in?

Which film had the best Ford performance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No Ticket

His best performance was most certainly in all of them. Haha. Uhh, I don't know, I think he played the character pretty consistently.

The_Raiders

Wow, I think that's a tough one between ROTLA and TOD. ROTLA has always been my favorite, but I think he does an awesome job in TOD, for some reason I find LC lacking, I like it but, it's just not my favorite.

Raiders of Clay

For me, his best acting performance is Raiders of the Lost Ark. That was the movie that makes him Indiana Jones. Each movie does bring its own look at Indy, and Harrison plays great in every Indiana Jones movie he is in.

loganbush

In Last Crusade I think he gave a great performance and showed off his serious/comedic timing with Connery.

The Man

The Last Crusade is just adorable with he and Connery. The humour is absolutely wonderful.

Major West

Stoo said:
"Mystery of the Blues"

I really enjoyed his assured performance in that. "But sometimes they are".

As for the movies, I prefered his performance in Raiders and TOD. I wasn't overly keen on how the father/son dynamic changed his character. Also there wa a little bit too much comedy in LC.

Hedwig

Hard choice... I have to go with Raiders of the Lost Ark. He was so scruffy, tough guy, a bit of a weasel. But a lovable weasel.:) In Temple of Doom he was still scruffy and tough, and a lovable weasel, but it didn't quite match with the way he was in Raiders. And in Last Crusade he wasn't scruffy anymore (because he hardly had any stubble) and there were less lovable weasel scenes.
But all of the films are awesome, and I can't wait to see KOTCS!:D

jonesissparrow

Last Crusade for me, the expressions he gives moves me immensely especially when his father calls him Indiana for the first time and his look of "you love me after all" moves me almost to tears. I think what works for me is that he traded his tough guy image for an innocent boyscout who is very adventurous like in the beginning. TOD had an interesting moment where it shows that Harrison Ford has acting chops is where Indy steal the stones and turns to walk away but then he hears the children cry out and a look of terror and guilt is written all over his face which is itself priceless.

AHegele

He was the most physically fit for Temple, but I think he was most confident in The Last Crusade, where he also displayed a wider range of humanity.

GlasgowChivas

Impossible to answer - all three (hopefully four) show Indy in different lights but all essentially the same man....and that is down to Ford KNOWING Indy

So no best performance but my favourite is Raiders

What a Badass.

No Ticket

I could've SWORN I replied to this thread already. Was I imagining things? Anyway, I don't think I can pick a favorite. I feel like Ford played the character pretty consistently throughout all three movies... you just saw different sides of the same guy.