How was Marion and Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedoraHead

This came up on the radio show "Ron and Fez" about a year ago I guess. How old was Marion when her and Indy had the love affair? Was she a kid? Under 18? She does say to Indy "I was a child. I was in love. It was wrong and you knew it!". A child? She means in body or mind? I believe Indy says he hasn't talk to Ravenwood in about ten years. Someone said in the script Indy is in his mid 30's in Raiders and Marion is about 25. Making her 15ish.

ATMachine

Yeah Marion is meant to be 25 in the film, thus 15 or so when the initial affair took place.

(And if you read the transcript of the Lucas/Spielberg/Kasdan story conference it becomes clear they actually aged her UP to 15 from the initial suggestion of 12. :eek: )

Team Indy

ATMachine said:
Yeah Marion is meant to be 25 in the film, thus 15 or so when the initial affair took place.

(And if you read the transcript of the Lucas/Spielberg/Kasdan story conference it becomes clear they actually aged her UP to 15 from the initial suggestion of 12. :eek: )

12? Those sick perverts... (n)

Yeah, when they first went out, Marion was 15 and Indy was 24... :sick: Of course, this was the 1930s, so society was different and no one would really frown upon it except for Marion's father, who, of course, wasn't on best terms with his daughter...

Seriously, though, they had guts to go through with this plot point, and I'm glad they did it, because it makes the characters much more believable and human. And you know a movie's good and the actors are great when they meet up ten years later and you're hoping they get back together... (y)

I guess they were trying to portray that whatever sick, twisted things people may do to each other, we are all still human, we make mistakes, and we learn from them. :whip:

Status
Not open for further replies.