Marion's victim?

Jacko==

Just watched Raiders for the 100th time, and noticed something I'd never noticed before. When Marion is being led onto the deck of the U-Boat in the submarine pen, she has a couple of Nazi soldiers holding machine guns on her. One of them has his head bandaged under his hat, and his arm in a sling! Anybody else ever notice him? I wonder if he is the same guy whose chest Marion poked her finger at, saying "don't you touch me" when she was captured on Katanga's boat? Maybe he did touch her and she kicked his ass?

Stoo

Yes, I've noticed him and always wondered what the deal was. Here's a screengrab I captured 2 years ago but never posted:

Soldier_Bandaged.jpg

indy34

Perhaps one of the guys from the truck? Check back and see if he matches any of them, his injuries look like they could have easily been caused by a nasty fall.

Kevin

indy34 said:
Perhaps one of the guys from the truck? Check back and see if he matches any of them, his injuries look like they could have easily been caused by a nasty fall.

That was always my assumption.

indyclone25

mine too , he was just one of the guys to be shakened off the side of the truck and landed in the trees.

Stoo

Digging into the details...

Gotta love topics like this...Indy minutia!

One of the soldiers from truck makes perfect sense and I don't know why I never thought of that before.:eek: Probably because he's wearing a tunic instead of a khaki shirt. In my mind, the men who board the Bantu Wind have always been from the island base but now you guys have got me thinking otherwise. (The change of uniform is easily explainable.)

I don't think this guy was an actor/stuntman used in in the truck chase. One of them has his face hidden in the screencap below so I'll have to watch the scene again but it's very possible the bandaged guy was meant to be one of them. Hmm...

Here's another screencap made during my 'study' of all the German uniforms in "Raiders":

Soldiers_ArkDetail_01.jpg

Jacko== said:
I wonder if he is the same guy whose chest Marion poked her finger at, saying "don't you touch me" when she was captured on Katanga's boat? Maybe he did touch her and she kicked his ass?
It very well could be the same actor since his facial features & expressions are indeed similar. He also gives Marion a rough shove on the sub's deck. Maybe it's his last chance at payback for her unseen, submarine smack-down!:p Good eye, Jacko, and thanks for bringing it up!(y) (Your 2nd post in 3 years and it's a good one.)

We have 2 possiblities here. Hopefully, Kooshmeister will see this thread. I would love to here his opinion on this.

harvey

Just saw Raiders in IMAX last night and this is the FIRST time I've noticed the guy! We need more info!

Nothing in the novel. Anyone turn up anything else? :confused:

russds

harvey said:
Just saw Raiders in IMAX last night and this is the FIRST time I've noticed the guy!:confused:

Same here. Seems that seeing it in imax I noticed a few small details I hadn't noticed before. Example Indy riding on top of the sub. Seeing it big and clean was really nice.

harvey

russds said:
Same here. Seems that seeing it in imax I noticed a few small details I hadn't noticed before. Example Indy riding on top of the sub. Seeing it big and clean was really nice.

When the crew of the Bantu Wind is cheering?

Stoo said:
Yes, I've noticed him and always wondered what the deal was. Here's a screengrab I captured 2 years ago but never posted:

Soldier_Bandaged.jpg

She spurned Belloq after he plied her with more alcohol, then Belloq gave his offensive line a crack at her.

That or he fell off his motorcycle...

Goodeknight

Based on the thread title, I thought you were talking about the guy she blows away in the Raven. Wonder if that's the only person she ever killed. Did she personally kill anyone in CS? Any of the novels or anything?

russds

harvey said:
I've looked at that a million times and I can't see him!

I guess this is a good example of how good the IMAX/restoration was because admittedly you can't see much in this screen shot from the DVD. But I definitely noticed him when i saw it on IMAX. Once iv'e got the blu-ray, it would be fun to compare.

367d9f89.png

russds

Stoo said:
I pointed out Indy on the periscope 3 years ago:
The Submarine: U-26 Wurrfler

Stoo, i'm going to have to come up with a script or something to search for posts by you before I respond from now on. Seems you've covered almost everything already. :) jk, but wow, you have covered a lot here! I actually hadn't noticed him before, but in IMAX he's very clear and noticeable.

Crack that whip

goodeknight said:
Based on the thread title, I thought you were talking about the guy she blows away in the Raven. Wonder if that's the only person she ever killed. Did she personally kill anyone in CS? Any of the novels or anything?

Well, in Raiders of the Lost Ark there's also that whole truckload of German soldiers she guns down from the turret on the Flying Wing, while Indy's brawling with the giant mechanic (not to mention the pilot she conks out with the chocks, who's killed when the plane blows up if he wasn't already dead from the head injury), so she kills quite a few guys just in that one movie.

282.jpg

283.jpg