My First Post

Cuddles

Hello,

This is my first post and I am very interested in Indiana Jones. I have only seen the first three movies once when I was younger. I was on the computer when my Mum was flicking channels with my Brother. The beginning of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in some forest was showing and my Brother was interested in seeing what the movie was like. He called me over and we started to watch it, uninterested my Mum went upstairs and my Brother and I watched it all the way through and really loved it! It was really the best movie entertainment I had seen for a while.
After that I looked Indiana Jones up on Wikipedia and saw the second movie and also saw they were going to play all the movies so that was when I was really excited. Although I was pretty young then I wasn't really expected what I saw. It started off with a light tune but once I saw the Temple of Doom chamber I didn't know what was going on... I watched it through to the end and thought it could have been a tad lighter in tune and made better I though it was too dark and scary, also from this movie and onwards my brother didn't accompany me in watching them.
The third movie was one of the greatest I thought, because characters returned from the blockbuster first movie and it was based in the Desert again, with Germans again. Sean Connery was my biggest shock (I am kind of a James Bond person if you were wondering). I loved the Holy Grail part but got a bit frustrated with how Indiana Jones was so close in reaching the Grail like a millimeter away he could of just used his whip!
After that I didn't bother watching the fourth movie as I want to save that for some other time, I am interested in Steven Spielberg and want to see "Jaws" and many other movies of his, "Back to the Future" was pretty good too.

From, Cuddles

P.S. I am new and was wandering if anyone wanted to be my friend and tell me about the last Indiana Jones movie I haven't seen.

P.P.S I am also a collector and want to collect all the Hasbro Action Figures, I live in Australia and don't want to waste about $50 on one Action Figure.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Cuddles said:
Hello,

This is my first post and I am very interested in Indiana Jones. I have only seen the first three movies once when I was younger. I was on the computer when my Mum was flicking channels with my Brother. The beginning of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in some forest was showing and my Brother was interested in seeing what the movie was like. He called me over and we started to watch it, uninterested my Mum went upstairs and my Brother and I watched it all the way through and really loved it! It was really the best movie entertainment I had seen for a while.
After that I looked Indiana Jones up on Wikipedia and saw the second movie and also saw they were going to play all the movies so that was when I was really excited. Although I was pretty young then I wasn't really expected what I saw. It started off with a light tune but once I saw the Temple of Doom chamber I didn't know what was going on... I watched it through to the end and thought it could have been a tad lighter in tune and made better I though it was too dark and scary, also from this movie and onwards my brother didn't accompany me in watching them.
The third movie was one of the greatest I thought, because characters returned from the blockbuster first movie and it was based in the Desert again, with Germans again. Sean Connery was my biggest shock (I am kind of a James Bond person if you were wondering). I loved the Holy Grail part but got a bit frustrated with how Indiana Jones was so close in reaching the Grail like a millimeter away he could of just used his whip!
After that I didn't bother watching the fourth movie as I want to save that for some other time, I am interested in Steven Spielberg and want to see "Jaws" and many other movies of his, "Back to the Future" was pretty good too.

From, Cuddles

P.S. I am new and was wandering if anyone wanted to be my friend and tell me about the last Indiana Jones movie I haven't seen.

P.P.S I am also a collector and want to collect all the Hasbro Action Figures, I live in Australia and don't want to waste about $50 on one Action Figure.

Welcome to the Raven, Cuddles. It's always nice to have another Aussie Indyfan here.

You haven't seen Indy IV? Well, depending on who you talk to, some may say that's probably a good thing. Personally though, I suggest you see it for yourself. It's easy to get a copy from a video store in Brizzy (I'd know, I'm originally from the Gold Coast).

You'll find the Raven is a friendly enough place. So you really don't need to ask a particular person to be your friend.

As for collecting the figures, depends on where you go. I used to go to a comic store in Brisbane called "Comics Etc." They used to have figures at a decent price. Personally though, best chance you have offline would be Supanova Expo (I think that's next month in Brizzy). Otherwise, it would have to be online places like E-bay and such. Those figures are becoming harder and more expensive to find based on the fact that not that many were made.

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Have you been here before, in a previous existence? As a resident of another country?
If you have something you wish to bring into proper attention, I suggest you contact a mod, Monty. Privately.

To the newcomer, welcome to The Raven. Enjoy yourself.

<small>Despite what Violet said, if you still decide to ask someone to be your friend, don't ask me. You'll just end up getting funny looks.</small>

DiscoLad

Finn said:
If you have something you wish to bring into proper attention, I suggest you contact a mod, Monty. Privately.

Whoa oh. Thread lightly, Mr. Smith.

Welcome to The Raven, Cuddles.

EDIT: Out of curiousity I went back to attempt to find my first post...
With no luck cause it's long gone. :(

Montana Smith

DiscoLad said:
Whoa oh. Thread lightly, Mr. Smith.

Hard to tread quietly, or even thread quietly, when wearing hobnail boots.

The Drifter said:
Smitty knows his way around the bar. All of us must be humbled by Finn once in awhile. It's part of The Raven experience.

Finnisms are part of the bonus features. They're something to look forward to and savour, since the Mighty Finn doesn't always grace us with his presence.

I meant no harm, but reading between the lines, or doing dot-to-dot, can sometimes create odd pictures. That's all.

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Finnisms are part of the bonus features. They're something to look forward to and savour, since the Mighty Finn doesn't always grace us with his presence.
You know, not making oneself seen or heard and not actually being there are two completely different things.

The eon-lasting experience with this sworn duty of mine has truly allowed me to hone these skills to the brim. I'm nowhere and everywhere at the same time, way past mere lurking. I loom.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
You know, not making oneself seen or heard and not actually being there are two completely different things.

The eon-lasting experience with this sworn duty of mine has truly allowed me to hone these skills to the brim. I'm nowhere and everywhere at the same time, way past mere lurking. I loom.

Omnipotence?

I think I discovered your true identity today.

"[Conan's] gods were simple and understandable; Crom was their chief, and he lived on a great mountain, whence he sent forth dooms and death. It was useless to call on Crom, because he was a gloomy, savage god, and he hated weaklings. But he gave a man courage at birth, and the will and might to kill his enemies, which, in the Cimmerian's mind, was all any god should be expected to do." (The Tower of the Elephant, Robert E. Howard).

:p