Indy 5 screenplay

Ray Hare

Hi Everyone
I read on the net that Lucas has been thinking of a 5th where he searches for the True Cross of Christ. I've started to write a screenplay called Indiana Jones and the Sacred Relic. It involves the Chinese, the British and the Americans in a quest to find the ultimate relic.

Here's 2 snippets:

1. Himalaya 1959.. Exterior: Ghengis Khan tomb the wind is bellowing and the snow is falling. Four men battle the blizzard. One seems to direct the other pack laden men. The leader wears the all too familiar fedora.

2. 'Indy and Zhou are on the stone stairs. Indy -"Don't touch anything. Gimme the torch." Indy turns Zhou around and takes a torch from his backpack. They begin to slowly descend into the dark abyss. A loud Click breaks the silence. Indy-"Did you touch anything?" Zhou - "Well no, just maybe, YYEESSS!" The stairs flatten and become a slide rocketing Indy and Zhou down. The flashlight beam swings wildly. Indy sees a ledge briefly illuminated by the light. He jumps, just regaining his balance. Turns. Crack!Indy's whip catches Zhou wrapping itself around his wrist.Indy pulls him up. The torch reveals massive spikes at the bottom of the stairs/slide. Indy - "I said dont' touch anything!" Zhou nods approval.

What do you think happens next? Do you care?? ha ha ha

muttjones

is this an actual screenplay your writing or just an idea for a part of Indy 5. either way it sounds pretty cool. (y)

ExpeditionJones

Ray Hare said:
Hi Everyone
I read on the net that Lucas has been thinking of a 5th where he searches for the True Cross of Christ. I've started to write a screenplay called Indiana Jones and the Sacred Relic. It involves the Chinese, the British and the Americans in a quest to find the ultimate relic.

Here's 2 snippets:

1. Himalaya 1959.. Exterior: Ghengis Khan tomb the wind is bellowing and the snow is falling. Four men battle the blizzard. One seems to direct the other pack laden men. The leader wears the all too familiar fedora.

2. 'Indy and Zhou are on the stone stairs. Indy -"Don't touch anything. Gimme the torch." Indy turns Zhou around and takes a torch from his backpack. They begin to slowly descend into the dark abyss. A loud Click breaks the silence. Indy-"Did you touch anything?" Zhou - "Well no, just maybe, YYEESSS!" The stairs flatten and become a slide rocketing Indy and Zhou down. The flashlight beam swings wildly. Indy sees a ledge briefly illuminated by the light. He jumps, just regaining his balance. Turns. Crack!Indy's whip catches Zhou wrapping itself around his wrist.Indy pulls him up. The torch reveals massive spikes at the bottom of the stairs/slide. Indy - "I said dont' touch anything!" Zhou nods approval.

What do you think happens next? Do you care?? ha ha ha

It's okay. I'm not a big China/Himelayas fan. Too much like Mummy 3. Plus your borrow a tad too much from both Raiders and Doom. Otherwise, its fine.

Ray Hare

A Big Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it. Yep this is where my Indy screenplay starts off. Lucas suggested Genghis Kahn as a starting point too but I put it in the Himalayas instead of Mongolia. Reason being, 1953 Everest was finally conquered, so what better way to start an adventure movie set in the 50s with the best movie action hero of all time, at the place where the greatest real life adventurers Hillary and Tensing did their stuff too. Plus how cool would it be with paramount's logo fading into Everest. I love how Spielberg does that. I purposely modelled the first part on Raiders but how he ends up is different. For example -

Exterior of Genghis Kahn?s tomb.
The two men left behind huddle around a fire to stay warm in the worsening blizzard conditions. There are empty signal flare cases lying around them. A large menacing rumble is heard in the background. The source of the noise reveals itself over the horizon. A convoy of army trucks charges through the snow. Each of the vehicles is marked by the red star of Communist China. The Chinese are Lucas' bad guys too (in mine, like the times, no one is trustworthy) but I didn't like the way he hinted at why Indy starts off the main adventure. And I know what you mean about The Mummy setting in the Himalayas. Don't worry that is the only similarity, no ancient statues come alive, just more Indy real life perils! :D

Ray Hare

Indy 5-Indiana Jones and the Sacred Relic characters

Indiana Jones and the Sacred Relic
The Story Synopsis.
It is 1959 the Cold War is beginning to escalate. The tension between Communist and Capitalist doctrine is heightening. Each side is looking for something that will finally vanquish their foe. In this climate Indy finds himself in a race with China, the United States and Great Britain to find the greatest relic of all, the True Cross of Christ. For each know whoever holds the ultimate symbol of Christianity holds the balance of power, over the world.

Characters
Van Leung ? an elite officer of the Chinese army. Cold, calculating and cunning. His loyalty to China and its Communist government is unwavering. He will stop at nothing to retrieve the Cross of Christ.

Thomas Thorne ? member of the British Secret Service. Working with the US army. His vast knowledge of spy networks and ability to use this to anticipate his opponent?s next move makes him highly desirable in the Cold War environment. The pursuit of the cross is a race he wants to be first over the finish line.

General Cooper-Harding ? a general in the US army. Comes from a family with a long line of military service dating back to the war of independence. A fierce patriot, his pursuit of the Cross of Christ lies in preventing the Chinese obtaining it so they cannot use it to spread their Communist doctrine.

Indy ? the famous archaeologist. His ability to obtain rare ancient artefacts makes his value in the race for the True Cross a priority. He may have gotten older but he has also gotten wiser. Unlike previous adventures, in this race, fortune and glory is not the prize.

Marion Ravenwood - now married to Indy and still as feisty as ever. Her help to recover the Ark of the Covenant and Crystal Skull was legendary. Her help to find the Cross of Christ will be invaluable.

Preston Ryan ? a former student of Indy. His pursuit of the True Cross has been an obsession since leaving College. His association with the Chinese is unclear. He has always admired Indy but unlike Indy his academic skills far out way his physical prowess.

Sallah ? a long time friend of Indy. He was with Indy when he retrieved the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail. His connections in Egypt and his great friendship with Indy makes him a valuable ally.

How's this..Does this grab you? :whip:

Lord

Ray Hare said:
Indiana Jones and the Sacred Relic
The Story Synopsis.
It is 1959 the Cold War is beginning to escalate. The tension between Communist and Capitalist doctrine is heightening. Each side is looking for something that will finally vanquish their foe. In this climate Indy finds himself in a race with China, the United States and Great Britain to find the greatest relic of all, the True Cross of Christ. For each know whoever holds the ultimate symbol of Christianity holds the balance of power, over the world.

Characters
Van Leung ? an elite officer of the Chinese army. Cold, calculating and cunning. His loyalty to China and its Communist government is unwavering. He will stop at nothing to retrieve the Cross of Christ.

Thomas Thorne ? member of the British Secret Service. Working with the US army. His vast knowledge of spy networks and ability to use this to anticipate his opponent?s next move makes him highly desirable in the Cold War environment. The pursuit of the cross is a race he wants to be first over the finish line.

General Cooper-Harding ? a general in the US army. Comes from a family with a long line of military service dating back to the war of independence. A fierce patriot, his pursuit of the Cross of Christ lies in preventing the Chinese obtaining it so they cannot use it to spread their Communist doctrine.

Indy ? the famous archaeologist. His ability to obtain rare ancient artefacts makes his value in the race for the True Cross a priority. He may have gotten older but he has also gotten wiser. Unlike previous adventures, in this race, fortune and glory is not the prize.

Marion Ravenwood - now married to Indy and still as feisty as ever. Her help to recover the Ark of the Covenant and Crystal Skull was legendary. Her help to find the Cross of Christ will be invaluable.

Preston Ryan ? a former student of Indy. His pursuit of the True Cross has been an obsession since leaving College. His association with the Chinese is unclear. He has always admired Indy but unlike Indy his academic skills far out way his physical prowess.

Sallah ? a long time friend of Indy. He was with Indy when he retrieved the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail. His connections in Egypt and his great friendship with Indy makes him a valuable ally.

How's this..Does this grab you? :whip:
nice explnation

Ray Hare

Snippet indy5

This is just a bit of the scene that explains the discovery of The Cross based on its actual legend.

Its Indy talking to Thorne...Indy:"There are a number of stories but most scholars agree that it was discovered by the mother of Constantine, Helene, after he converted the Roman Empire to Christianity around 337AD. It seems to have gone missing after the battle of Hattin in 1187AD when the Muslims under Saladin occupied Jerusalem".

Thorne: "Lost? not according to Ryan or the Chinese...the power of the Cross is not to be taken lightly. There was actually three crosses Helene had to choose from. So a dying woman was placed on them. When her body was laid on the true cross her health was restored. This is a mere fraction of its wonder. Professor Jones the army who holds the Cross before them conquers all who stand in their way. If it falls into less savoury hands, the world as we desire it, will be all but a passing memory."

How's that? :whip: