The World Before Skull

Jonesy9906753

my goodness i miss the speculation for Indy 4 so much
what it couldve been.and some the ridculous and awesome plot elements
being thrown around in the good old internet rumor mill

-indy's long lost brother

-the supposed Eden plot

-sallah,henry sr.and willie involved

what else can you guys recollect on this topic?

deckard24

Mickiana said:
The appearance of Abner had me going!
Me too, and I could've sworn that Connery was going to make an appearance. I kept going on and on about him showing up in a Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves like cameo, but sadly it never happened.

Just think, it would have spared us that awful and awkwardly acted "Somewhere your grandpa is laughing" line!

James

Once KOTCS was officially underway, I did miss the years of speculation over elements like the MacGuffin, villain, etc. Thankfully, we now have Indy 5.

deckard24 said:
Just think, it would have spared us that awful and awkwardly acted "Somewhere your grandpa is laughing" line!

But if they had trotted Connery out for a tiny cameo, people would've complained about that too. ("Connery was just cashing a paycheck!" "It was just a pathetic example of fan service!" "What a waste of one of the series' best characters!" etc. etc.)

deckard24

James said:
But if they had trotted Connery out for a tiny cameo, people would've complained about that too. ("Connery was just cashing a paycheck!" "It was just a pathetic example of fan service!" "What a waste of one of the series' best characters!" etc. etc.)
That's true, and I'm guessing it's a big part of why he stayed away from the film in the first place. I wouldn't doubt that he saw the script, realized how underused and needless his character's cameo would be, and opted to stay happily in retirement.

Jonesy9906753

tell me you dont miss this sallah-indy team,only yet again makes me miss the speculation
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXf_l93c6JM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXf_l93c6JM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dewy9

deckard24 said:
That's true, and I'm guessing it's a big part of why he stayed away from the film in the first place. I wouldn't doubt that he saw the script, realized how underused and needless his character's cameo would be, and opted to stay happily in retirement.

Henry Sr. would have been 85 or 90 years old by 1957. I think that would have been pushing it... a lot. I guess Connery's actually about 78 or 79, though.

Although I do think it would've been great to have him make his final film appearance in an Indy film and in one of his most popular roles.

Forbidden Eye

As fun as having the Indiana Jones merchandise pop up is/was, I did rather miss having the original trilogy being kinda obscure and unknown to the young generation. That made these movies all the more special imo.

The idea of seeing an Indiana Jones film in theaters was indeed exciting, now I have to find something else to look forward to in life. ;)

One thing I won't miss though was all those lame late-night talk show jokes.

bonoferox

The one big thing I remember was every time Harrison was on a talkshow, didn't matter which one, the interview would always turn to the status on IJ4. Harrison would always give his assuring "It's coming" without it being an official announcement.
Not that I really believed it until the first set photo was released of hm sitting in the chair in costume....that day was just amazing for me.

China Jim

Indy 4s world 1950s

Did I like Indy 4 yes I did though I think if they had wanted to show equal in saying fighting to those GRU guys then they should have had Harrison take a few Defendu lessons or Military hand to hand. I state this because if you got recruited by OSS or I belive in the UK it was SOG you received intents training in Defendu. A lethal fighting form developed by Fairbain. Now I understand Lucas and company wanted to truck out a movie to make some cash, and if any one wants to chat about the world of the 50s and today contact me.I apologise for the disjointed subject matter but I was cooking breakfast when the thoughts came unbidden and I had to get them down look for more of my articles in the Archeology section since I am up and running again.
Cheers
James

StoneTriple

bonoferox said:
.....the first set photo was released of hm sitting in the chair in costume....that day was just amazing for me.

That was a really cool moment. After years of speculation & rumors - it was finally official. He was really back.

harrison-ford-indiana-jones.jpg

Yeah, I've mentioned it several times on the Indy-Cast - I miss all the buildup too. It was so much fun getting on the internet every day looking for new news about the movie, and getting the new pictures from the set, and the new screenshots. Then the magazine features. New toys and games. The promotional tie-ins to try and track down. I mean, how awesome was it to walk through the store and see Indy everywhere you turned? Pop Tarts, cereals, Dr. Pepper, fruit snacks, M&M's. Burger King. Then they launched the Indiana Jones shop. Ebay was exploding with Indy gear and merchandise. And I must have rewound the DVR about 10 times when the first TV spot came on.

Man, it was just exciting every day to be an Indyfan last summer. It still is, but man that was fun last year. I prepared myself for the fact that it probably would not happen again, but if Indy 5 does become a reality I'm just going to soak it all in again.

weaponx24

I can remember being extremely excited when it was officially announced. I would go to the Indy website and watch the trailer for KOTCS everyday. It was nice seeing Indy back around all the stores and whatnot. I hope that they are seriously thinking about doing Indy V and that it gets done soon!