I Know I'm Sort of an Old Newbie, But...

Johnny Jones

I didn't spot this part of the forum until recently and, having OCD (not really, but it sure seems like it sometimes) I have to post here anyhow, for those of you who hang out here and haven't met me yet. If the moderators want to close my thread they are welcome to, but please don't be angry.:(
So... hi! I have enjoyed my time here so far and I can't wait to get an avatar. Obviously you know where the "Jones" in my name comes from, and if you don't, I will pray for you. The "Johnny" is from Johnny Thunder, the main character of the "Adventurers" line that Lego did as a spinoff before they acquired the IJ rights. He'll never be as awesome, of course, but I like a good bit of alliteration any day and thought it would be neat to combine the two.(y)
A warm welcome also to all the newer newbies, and hope they have fun here as well. Again sorry if I'm not allowed to post here anymore. I only joined last month!;)

HovitosKing

While it's true that today isn't your first day on the board, and this thread isn't your first post, I wouldn't call you "old" just yet. Welcome.

Stoo

Johnny Jones said:
The "Johnny" is from Johnny Thunder, the main character of the "Adventurers" line that Lego did as a spinoff before they acquired the IJ rights.
I've seen that line and thought it was a neat mix of Indy and Jules Verne.
Just for fun, here is the real Johnny Thunders from The New York Dolls!
Welcome to the Raven.:hat:

johnny.jpg

Crack that whip

Welcome, Johnny! I shall celebrate your arrival by contemplating a LEGO Indiana Jones / Adventurers crossover adventure. With Sallah and Shorty absent from the LEGO Indy line so far, he might as well make adventuring companions of Johnny Thunder and Professor Kilroy, no?

Johnny Jones

Thank you one and all for the kind words! I've definitely enjoyed my time here so far!
It's great to have this sort of online community, seeing as how no one at work or at home is obsessed enough to understand me... :whip:
I shall celebrate your arrival by contemplating a LEGO Indiana Jones / Adventurers crossover adventure. With Sallah and Shorty absent from the LEGO Indy line so far, he might as well make adventuring companions of Johnny Thunder and Professor Kilroy, no
That sounds like a great idea! I hope you decide to go through with it.