Which film did you see first?

Which Indiana Jones movie did you se first?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Temple of Doom

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters

Forbidden Eye

Pretty self-explanatory.

Did you, like most people, see Raiders of the Lost Ark first or did you happen to see Temple of Doom or The Last Crusade first?

Me personally, I actually saw Temple of Doom first.

indyclone25

i'm forty -three and i saw raiders of the lost ark on the first weekend .and i was blown away when i saw it.

TheMutt92

I put Raiders down cause its the first I saw the whole thing of. I always saw ROTLA, TOD, and LC on TV in bits and pieces, but never the whole thing (it may have been Raiders for that as well).

DrJones35

when i was a kid i thought temple of doom was the only film. I used to ask my mom when the big rock chased him....ha ha to be young again.;)

deckard24

oki9Sedo said:
Raiders, then Temple of Doom, then Last Crusade.
Same for me!

I watched Raiders on BETA when I was like 6 years old, along with Jaws, Star Wars, and The Empire Strikes Back! It was my Saturday morning ritual to get up super early, and watch as many of those films as I could before being told to go play outside!

arkfinder

Yeah my Mom & Dad took me to see Raiders opening weekend. I just remember my jaw dropping at the opening sceen. No Indy film has come close to that. But I didn't expect it would.

The Man

I know I saw Raiders first, but my memories are fuzzy. I will, however, never forget watching Temple for the first time, Christmas Day, 1987. It was everything an Indy film could possibly be. The worst of the series?! What a joke!

Niteshade007

Technically, I saw Last Crusade first. Of course, I was a year old and had to be taken out of the theater, so I have NO memories of it. Raiders is the first one I remember seeing. Parts of Temple of Doom followed and the end of Last Crusade around that time as well. Cannot tell you when I saw Last Crusade in its entirety for the first time, but Temple wasn't until I was about 15.

Deckard

Temple of Doom and I still remember it like it was yesterday, even tho it was actually about 13 years ago now.

My dad just got back from a buissness trip. He bought the movies when he was out of state and went up in his bedroom to watch it as I was 10 and my parents were careful about what I watched.

But I went up and watched it with him anyway and loved it, and the next day I watched Crusade with my friends. I was hooked, a few weeks later my aunt got me a whip while she was in europe and I was Indy for Halloween.

So Crusade was my favorite as a kid, tho now its Raiders. But yea, first one I saw was Temple. Strangely enough, Temple was also the only one I saw at a theatre for the Anniversary.

No Ticket

I can't remember. I think it was Raiders. I know both Raiders and TOD were out when I first got into Indiana Jones but Last Crusade hadn't come out just yet. It was coming out that summer. I had already watched Raiders and TOD on VHS about a billion times by that point.

Sadly nobody took me to see LC in the theater in 1989, but my brother got to go. I went to see Batman that year and it was my first movie I ever saw in the theater.

DocWhiskey

I saw Last Crusade first. My grandma took my cousin and I to see it. I was only 4 at the time. I always thought it was the 1st Indy film because it started out with him as a kid.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Last Crusade was my first and saw it on TV when I was about 3. I then watched several episodes of the original Young Indy TV series after school till it was axed and at age nine, saw Temple of Doom on TV and begged my mum to tape it for me for a whole week even though I had never seen it before but somehow knew Indiana Jones was a big deal and hadn't seen Young Indy for a long while. I saw Raiders when I was 10 and now KOTCS in cinema, nine, nearly ten years after I saw Raiders and Temple of Doom.

I could have seen LC in cinema if it hadn't been for my nosey grandmother (I was nearly a year old!). The first film I saw in cinema was Snow White at age 4. The second was Jurassic Park and that was at the drive-in! (y)

arkfinder

The Man said:
I know I saw Raiders first, but my memories are fuzzy. I will, however, never forget watching Temple for the first time, Christmas Day, 1987. It was everything an Indy film could possibly be. The worst of the series?! What a joke!

Couldn't agree more! "Temple" is my favorite Indy film.