The thing you and ONLY you think you noticed

Sam Falco

Well thats cuz they had either just finished, or were ABOUT to start fueling the plane up. Judging by the resulting explosion at the end of the scene, I'm guessing the first one.

davejames

Vance said:
To be.. erm.. fair.. that was just Indy's assumption. None of the Germans even seemed interested in loading the Ark on the Flying Wing. There was no loader or anything, no obvious cargo hatch big enough for the Ark, etc...

Well to be fair, there IS a drawing in that old Art of Indiana Jones/Star Wars book that shows a drawing of the Ark crate being loaded under the plane.

But the plane in the drawing also looks a lot larger than the plane in the movie.

What Truck?

Tripping

Harrison Ford trips over the barbed wire surrounding the map room and again just before the iconic shot of Indiana shot against a setting sun while searching for the ark (for reference, it is the shot after he stands on the hill holding the shovel and is walking back towards the camera while staring out across the desert).

ValenciaGrail

When Belloq describes his watch as:
"$10 from a vendor on the street...worthless"

Remember this is 1936. Applying the simple inflation model of prices doubling every 16 years...I'd say that's probably a $150-$200 watch in 2008 currency.

That's not Rolex territory, but hardly a worthless watch :confused:
$10 could have bought a pretty decent watch back then....
Heck, my 4-year old's Thomas the Tank Engine watch only cost $5.95 in 2007

Perhaps the line should have been: "50 cents from a vendor on the street..."

Killah|Bee

When Indy figth the big russian guy, the pat roach reprise, he looks like he was waiting for Indy to punches him, may be the age Dr Jones?

Benraianajones

I always thought it was odd, in TOD, when it cuts to a quick shot on Shorty, and he holding a small dagger in his hand in the spike room. Next we see him again, it isn't in sight.

Bantu_Wind

TOD-stuntman Vic Armstrong instead of Ford when Willie runs in after opening...

...the chamber door. You know, I've probably watched the movie a million times and when I saw it again a few days ago, I just noticed that it is not Harrison when she enters the room screaming "They're all over me! Get them off of me!" It looks like the stuntdouble. (Vic Armstrong?)

Eric Solo

I just re-watched Raiders with headphones on my computer and noticed 2 things I had never noticed before:

1.) When the students file out of Indy's classroom you can hear a female student say something to the effect of "He seemed a little off today. Must be because of all that traveling."

2.) The luggage rack atop the cab of the truck gets severely damaged when Indy drives the truck into some makeshift scaffolding. In the next shot, the luggage rack has been miraculously repaired.

:confused: :confused:

The truck thing is listed on the IMDb.com goofs page.

Last edited:

Crusade>Raiders

In ToD, Indy uses his whip and flings one of the two thugee's swords off a cliff. 2 seconds later, he has a sword. How? He just flung it over the cliff!

Crusade>Raiders

Only, and one thing I always hated about Last Crusade, despite it being one of my favorite movies of all time, it had a weak drive. What I mean is, Raiders promised the ark was a weapon and it delivered. Even Doom promised the Sankara stones brought life and it delivered. Hell, even Kingdom promised aliens and they gave us that, for better or worse.Henry Jones Sr says that if the Nazis recover the grail the armies of darkness will cover the world and that this was a race against evil...um, the grail granted immortality for like 10 square feet. Way to let us down.

SixKadamHigh

Crusade>Raiders said:
In ToD, Indy uses his whip and flings one of the two thugee's swords off a cliff. 2 seconds later, he has a sword. How? He just flung it over the cliff!

If you watch it, you'll see he grabs the other dudes sword and scares him off. Then he runs screaming after him to stop and run back with the sword.

reverendB

When Indy is drinking in Cairo, after the truck blows up, look to his left. You will see a guy with a light blue t shirt and jeans on!! I first noticed this on my widescreen VHS, and I thought "did I just see that?" It's like the first time you notice the stormtrooper banging his head on the door in SW. You just keep rewatching it to make sure you saw correctly.

Seaner

Crusade>Raiders said:
Only, and one thing I always hated about Last Crusade, despite it being one of my favorite movies of all time, it had a weak drive. What I mean is, Raiders promised the ark was a weapon and it delivered. Even Doom promised the Sankara stones brought life and it delivered. Hell, even Kingdom promised aliens and they gave us that, for better or worse.Henry Jones Sr says that if the Nazis recover the grail the armies of darkness will cover the world and that this was a race against evil...um, the grail granted immortality for like 10 square feet. Way to let us down.
maybe that would mean hitler would go there and have it

Kooshmeister

The knight said only that the Grail itself couldn't pass beyond the seal, he said nothing about the effects of drinking from it. So to my way of thinking, the effects will last a certain length of time after leaving before wearing off. I.e. one sip will guarantee a longer life and better health but it won't last.

Thus, the only way for Hitler (or whoever) to enjoy the Grail's benefits without staying cooped up in the temple like the knight, would be making yearly trips to the temple for a sip.

In the venice boat fight by the ship, the boat that Indy is fighting in is tied to something! You can see the line attached in the camera shot from above.