2009 Indiana Jones Lego

monkey man

Toysrus has the Flying Wing on sale, this week, for $37.99. I think that's what the circular said.
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

Lambonius

monkey man said:
Toysrus has the Flying Wing on sale, this week, for $37.99. I think that's what the circular said.
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I've already got that one, but I will check out my local TRU anyway, just in case they have anything else good on sale.

fixer79

Indyfan4ever said:
It will be no brainer for LEGO to produce sets for Pirates when the fourth one rolls out!!

Wouldn't be too sure about that. Rival company MegaBloks have produced building sets based on the previous 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies in the past. I don't know if they'll obtain the license for the upcoming film.

Indyfan4ever said:
^^It's funny you say that because Disney did just that. They struck a deal with LEGO and will be producing sets for Toy Story 1-3 and The Prince of Persia.

That I didn't know... Great news though!
I'll sure pick up a few sets of those!

Yes, I am aware of Megablock's making them. But remember the Lego Spiderman line for the first 2 movies? Megablocks aquired it from Lego for the third movie. I'm sure now that Disney has a deal with Lego, that they will make the Pirates line as well.

-IndyFan4Ever

lao che & sons

I firmly believe that the summer sets will be released tommorow (june 1) all other non-liscened themed summer legos have been released a couple weeks ago so (y) I'm thinking since its the begining of june they will release theme on JUNE 1. Get your credit cards ready and head ove to lego.com! (y)

This is just an assumption and in no way will reflect what actually happens at lego.com on june 1 2009. If the sets aren't realeased on june 1 please do not form and angry mob and ban me the raven forums

fixer79

Indyfan4ever said:
Yes, I am aware of Megablock's making them. But remember the Lego Spiderman line for the first 2 movies? Megablocks aquired it from Lego for the third movie. I'm sure now that Disney has a deal with Lego, that they will make the Pirates line as well.

-IndyFan4Ever

I'm sure hope you're right. But I really doubt it.
I don't think their new deal with Disney has much to do with it. They've had deals with Disney before when they did the Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh lines.

I think they consider 'Pirates of the Caribbean' as 'damaged goods' because they've been it's been in the hands of their nemesis MegaBloks for so long.
I think they won't touch anything MegaBloks did before them.
(MegaBloks, on the other hand, don't care about that at all. The fact that they picked up the Spider-Man license after Lego shows that. Guess they consider it as a victory. After all they've gathered their fortune by copying LEGO.)

It would also surprise me that LEGO just recently rebooted their classic Pirates line when they considered doing Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean sets.
I don't see both lines co-exist under the LEGO brand.

If anyone does Pirates of the Caribbean 4 building sets, it's gonna be MegaBloks.

BUT, like I said, I sure hope I'm wrong about this and you'll turn out to be right. Those MegaBloks sets sucked! ;)

Last edited:
I hope I'm right too. The Prince of Persia movie coming out is being produced by Jerry Brucheimer (SP), so was Pirates...Let's just hope that now the Prince of Persia sets are going to be produced by Lego, that the new Pirates of the Caribbean will too.

-IndyFan4Ever:whip:

Trennas

The official Lego website had a very recent product update which added a lot of new stuff, among which are Space Police, Agents, Castle, Power Miners, Star Wars, City, etc. The new Indy sets don't appear yet though, so it still might take some time before they appear on the shelves!

fixer79

I wonder if the new sets will be sold in all countries...
I was in a big toystore in Belgium yesterday asking for the new sets and the employee was under the impression that they won't be sold due to the line's poor sales...

:eek:

Crack that whip

fixer79 said:
I wonder if the new sets will be sold in all countries...
I was in a big toystore in Belgium yesterday asking for the new sets and the employee was under the impression that they won't be sold due to the line's poor sales...

:eek:

Regarding "the line's poor sales," what line do you mean - Indy? :confused: Everything I've read indicates the Indy theme has been a big success for LEGO so far. Is there new information indicating it's no longer doing well?

Last edited:

lao che & sons

Crack that whip said:
Regarding "the line's poor sales," what line do you mean - Indy? :confused: Everything I've read indicates the Indy theme has been a big success for LEGO so far. Is there new information indicating it's no longer doing well?

Indy does sell great in the US and most other countries but in some countries it sells very poorly :( . Just like the spongebob line sells poorly in the US but sells great in NZ. Indy is still selling good as ever and after this new wave I think it'll sell even better(y)

fixer79

Crack that whip said:

I think the toystore guy meant just in Belgium. Surprised me, 'cos I was under the impression the LEGO Indy sets sold well out here...
In fact, he said that a LEGO representative came to the store (which belongs to a big chain) to help reorganise the shelves and that she told the guy to group all the LEGO lines that sold poorly together. Indy was one of those lines.

I hope that guy's got it wrong and misinterpreted the LEGO representative or something. If not, I think Belgium might have to get their new LEGO sets elsewhere.

I'mpretty psyched everythingsbeen re-done,I hopethe boy scout level's circus train is playable. I maxed out the amount of studs you can get. Anybody else know what it is?

lao che & sons

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'mpretty psyched everythingsbeen re-done,I hopethe boy scout level's circus train is playable. I maxed out the amount of studs you can get. Anybody else know what it is?

wrong forum, you may be looking for lego indiana jones 2 in the video games category ;)

Trennas

Have some news on the new Lego sets; I was shopping with my girlfriend this weekend and we actually stumbled upon some of the new Star Wars Lego sets! (If you're from Holland, check out the V&D) They had quite a few; Battle of Endor, Echo Base (which she got me, she is so sweet:p), and a few others :) These sets are not yet listed on the official Lego website, so if we're lucky this might mean that we could get a somewhat early new Indy line as well! Definitely worth keeping your eyes open for them in the next few weeks!

Trennas

Just another quick heads up! During grocery shopping I also spotted some new Star Wars sets at the Bart Smit, so it might be possible that they can be found at all the toy stores throughout the Netherlands :)

fixer79

Actually, the fact that a shop has the new Star Wars sets doesn't reassure me.
In fact, they also had the new Star Wars sets in the Belgian shop where they told me they might not continue the Indy line.

Dewy9

Well, judging by the way things look on the US LEGO Shop@Home site, they seem to have sold pretty well. The only set from the original wave in Jan '08 that's still avaliable is the Temple Escape, which was the highest price set in that wave.