Indy 4 on DVD

Major West

The Man said:
*A little pointer: the same reviewer gave The Clone Wars four stars.

Maybe he's not a biased Lucas hater?

But the fact you even went to look up his other reviews sets the alarm bells ringing.

Bvance

I just caught an add for the Indy 4 DVD on the Discovery Channel. It looked great and was pretty catchy!

But I'm still trying to find a clip of it online someplace.

Dr.Sartorius

Indy 4 DVD goodies :D

Those interested in picking up Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull when it hits DVD on October 14th might want to pay attention to this post because there are several different options available to you. For example, above you can see an image of what's being offered at Best Buy -- a gift set with replica crystal skull from Sideshow Collectibles and a $25 gift card to Sideshowcollectibles.com. Pretty cool for you cats who'd have no problem staring at that freak-ish alien skull for all eternity.

Okay, the alien skull is a bit much -- I get it -- but, like I said, you have options. Case in point:

* Circuit City is handing out 2 lithographs of concept art from the movie.
* Target is fooling around with a very sweet looking 80-page hardcover book with behind the scenes photos and never-been-published images.
* Kmart and Sears will give you four exclusive LEGO mini-posters, each being a replica of the original theatrical poster from all four Indy films.
* Lastly, Trans World is offering exclusive steelbook packaging.

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/10/08/new-indiana-jones-dvd-loaded-with-coolness/

Agent Z

Knife in My Heart said:
* Target is fooling around with a very sweet looking 80-page hardcover book with behind the scenes photos and never-been-published images.

That is playing hardball my friends! :(

Agent Z

metalinvader said:
No kidding,eh? It's a toss up between this and the BB Skull.

The collector in me,No doubt will get both.

Yeah, but I'm already getting the BB Skull and the Blu-ray. :dead:

The Man

http://chud.com/articles/articles/1...D-THE-KINGDOM-OF-THE-CRYSTAL-SKULL/Page1.html

I was hoping that time and no cloud of expectations would enable Crystal Skull to fall into a comfortable little place in my heart, because I don't much like the third film either when it boils down to it and I'm content to drift on cruise control with characters I love as much as the next guy.

Sadly, I find the film harder to enjoy now and truly believe it's one of the worst movies to bear the "Directed by Steven Spielberg" label. It's hollow, the action scenes are largely disappointing, and there's too many moments that seem to be coasting on nostalgia like the Ark of the Covenant reveal. My new least favorite moment is when at the tail end of the motorcycle chase through Indy's campus their bike comes to a crashing stop in a library and a kid is waiting to ask Indiana Jones a question. It's cute, it's trite, and it seems to exist to create levity in the middle of a breakneck scene. It feels manipulative and not in the way that captivates an audience. Sadly, watching the film I find too many contenders for "least favorite moment".

This is not a good movie. Harrison Ford and Shia LeBeouf emerge somewhat victorious but there's nothing here that reminds me of why I love Indy and why I'd ever want to saunter up to the box office again should they return.

Darth Vile

The Man said:

Thanks for posting. I enjoy reading them.

Somewhat amusing that I found the review to be a little "hollow" itself. Spielberg is the ultimate master of the “cute”, the “trite” and "emotional manipulation". It’s hardly exclusive to KOTCS. I think that reviewer should try watching some of Spilebergs movies again, instead of appearing to wallow in his own nostalgia... Like it or loathe it, I would say that KOTCS is a typical Spielberg movie and not atypical.

deckard24

The Man said:
I thought this review was spot on! It covered pretty much all of the elements that were disappointing to me about KOTCS!

They should have known better. Especially Spielberg. He's too good to settle for this. As disappointing as it is, The Lost World still felt like Spielberg was having fun. I almost expected him to overpower his collaborators and make this film as seamless a companion to the other films as possible, adhering to the same techniques and materials as he used from 1981-1989. Though the film owes as much a debt to the science fiction of the 50's as its predecessors did the serials and pulp of the 30's, there are still ample moments where it seems as if the filmmakers are overcompensating. A set piece where a line of smart dialogue would suffice or a superhuman act where a knowing nod towards the lead character's advancing age would deliver more impact. This is not the graceful and eloquent Spielberg of recent memory nor the wunderkind that redefined nearly every genre he took a stab at. This is a concession. The Indiana Jones franchise had already embraced mediocrity with the third installment [the less said about the television series the better]. But even with that in mind this installment delivers the latest critical strike, yet another in a steady stream of seemingly invincible properties whose luster has been rubbed off enough to make them just plain old movies rather than the seminal cornerstones they earned the right to be. In a way it makes the first film that much more astounding, but the bottom line is that a truly amazing character has been stripped of his grace to die perfectly fittingly of natural causes. It's been nineteen years. Interest had waned to safe levels. The great archaeologist had delivered his last adventure on the big screen and it was just fine that way.

It certainly doesn't look the same. Though occasionally bathed in the warmth and glory of the original films, Janusz Kaminski's cinematography lends a much colder and synthetic look to the proceedings. In the film's introduction to the now grayed Indiana Jones, the look is so oversaturated and laden with glare it nearly overrides the content. Never before has a film in the series felt as much pieced together as here - almost as if the audience is seeing a high budget fan film or some connective Indiana Jones content for a DVD-ROM or online presentation rather than the genuine article. Never should one be reminded of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow when watching an Indiana Jones film. And though this early scene isn't nearly as overt in its stylistic choices, it certainly provides a disconnect from the job at hand: bringing a beloved character and his universe back to life. The film looks a lot more like "the New Spielberg" with its more metallic palette rather than the warm and comforting celluloid of the old days.

-Jones-

On October 14th, Paramount Home Entertainment will release "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" on DVD and Blu-ray. Fans are already itching to get to the stores to pick up a copy, but did you know that different stores have different exclusive material?

Circuit City - Contains 2 lithographs of concept art from the movie.

temp884.jpg

Best Buy - Gift Set with replica crystal skull from Sideshow Collectibles and a $25 gift card to Sideshowcollectibles.com.

temp885.jpg

Target - Exclusive Packaging is a beautiful hard cover book from Palace Press with 80 pages of behind the scenes photos, including many never-before-published images.

temp886.jpg

Kmart & Sears - Contains four Exclusive LEGO mini-posters. Each poster is a LEGO replica of the original theatrical poster from all four Indy films.

temp887.jpg

Trans World - Contains exclusive Steelbook Packaging.

temp888.jpg

StoneTriple

If I end up getting any of the exclusive promotions, I'll go for the two concept art pieces.

Very cool photo on the cover of the Target book though.

Agent Z

-Jones- said:
On October 14th, Paramount Home Entertainment will release "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" on DVD and Blu-ray. Fans are already itching to get to the stores to pick up a copy, but did you know that different stores have different exclusive material?

Circuit City - Contains 2 lithographs of concept art from the movie.

temp884.jpg

Best Buy - Gift Set with replica crystal skull from Sideshow Collectibles and a $25 gift card to Sideshowcollectibles.com.

temp885.jpg

Target - Exclusive Packaging is a beautiful hard cover book from Palace Press with 80 pages of behind the scenes photos, including many never-before-published images.

temp886.jpg

Kmart & Sears - Contains four Exclusive LEGO mini-posters. Each poster is a LEGO replica of the original theatrical poster from all four Indy films.

temp887.jpg

Trans World - Contains exclusive Steelbook Packaging.

temp888.jpg

Awwww, c'mon guys! We need to fight this! :p

Hmmm, ok, whatever....I'll get the Blu-ray at Target and the BB Skull....

That will hold me, for now....

Arab Swordsman

Yeah, I think I'm getting the BB deluxe set and the Blu Ray at Target. According to a preview of the ads this week over at Cheap Ass Gamer the BB deluxe set will be 39.99 and the Blu Ray is 26.99 (27.99 at Target). Along with my Papa John coupons it isn't a bad price for both.

Also, does anyone know if the book from Target is the same one that's been on Amazon for awhile called KOTCS: Photographic Journey? The one on Amazon says it's 160 pages but the Target one is only 80 pages. It could be a condensed version.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9781933784649

iLUVINDY

im getting the BB Skull set, but if i go to best buy and see that the skull is the size of my hand (n), I will skip it and go to Target to get that awesome BOOK!!!!!