Tods Costumes Indy Bullwhip

goodeknight said:
Rocket, if Todd's only wanted pics, your best case scenario would be they send you another whip and just write off the old one. Then you'd have a new whip, and the old one purely for display. Look forward to hearing their decision.
Got this yesterday...

This message was sent to you at the request of Todd's Costumes, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below.

and this:

In Stock

Our latest shipment of 8, 10 and 12 ft. whips have arrived!

Our intensely popular 8, 10 and 12 foot whips are now in stock; available in both tan and mahogany. The whips are available in very limited quantities due to the workmanship required to produce them, so please don't miss you chance or you may end up waiting for at least another month or longer!

goodeknight said:
Rocket, if Todd's only wanted pics, your best case scenario would be they send you another whip and just write off the old one. Then you'd have a new whip, and the old one purely for display. Look forward to hearing their decision.
Best case. :D

Just arrived...more of a "cream" color then tan, along with safety glasses and nothing else.

:whip:

Goodeknight

Rocket Surgeon said:
Best case. :D

Just arrived...more of a "cream" color then tan, along with safety glasses and nothing else.

:whip:

Good for you! You should snap some pics of it new so you can compare it as it ages and gets a better color. Safety glasses. Funny.

Look forward to hearing about how it cracks. Of course you won't be taking it apart of anything, but does it seem to be made any differently than the one that broke?

goodeknight said:
Good for you! You should snap some pics of it new so you can compare it as it ages and gets a better color. Safety glasses. Funny.

Look forward to hearing about how it cracks. Of course you won't be taking it apart of anything, but does it seem to be made any differently than the one that broke?

I had to laugh, I went out after dark and gave it a few swings...interestingly it had the satisfying whirr my first Todds had which somehow lost, :)confused: ) but I took it slow, ramping up my throws until the cracker came off! About 6-7 cracks.

:rolleyes:

I have spares but I'll most likely punch a hole in the end of the fall to thread the new cracker through.

Its stiff but still cracks easier than the 16 footer (not Todds) I had!

Still worried about really putting my arm into it...

I'll post a few pics later.

Goodeknight

Rocket Surgeon said:
Its stiff but still cracks easier than the 16 footer (not Todds) I had!

A garden hose would crack more easily than a 16 foot whip! You must have one big, beefy Trogdor arm on you to crack a 16 footer.

fenris

What happened to the broken whip? You could still repair that... Or sell it as is for really really cheap.

fenris said:
What happened to the broken whip? You could still repair that... Or sell it as is for really really cheap.

Its coiled up around my satchel...

I was considering having the local cobler repair it...he's a bit expensive though.

Selling it is an option i really don't have a need for two, but as a decoration its kind of cool.

You interested in buying it?!:)

fenris

How many inches were lost? Or did it get cut right on the fall hitch? And, of course, how much?

fenris said:
How many inches were lost? Or did it get cut right on the fall hitch? And, of course, how much?
It unravelled right at the hitch...and whereas I have a lightsaber I might sell you, I have a difficult time selling any of my Indy relics.