Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

Henry W Jones

Dr. Gonzo said:
That's an interesting list. Raiders being at spot three.
Nice to see variety. The Drifter is the spice of life.
Kingdom will always be last though. Always. :hat:

Actually go back a few pages in this thread and it does not always come in last. I only went a page or two back and someone ranked it #2. (Which I'm sure by reading many of the post around here, a lot of you feel it is a big fat deuce)

The Drifter

Dr. Gonzo said:
That's an interesting list. Raiders being at spot three.
Nice to see variety. The Drifter is the spice of life.
Kingdom will always be last though. Always. :hat:

Thanks!
I like Raiders, but like Crusade and Doom more. I know I am a pilgrim in an unholy land, what with all the Raiders fans around these parts. But, I find the other two much more thrilling and fun to watch.
And, yes; Kingdom will ALWAYS be dead-last! :p

Indy's brother

I can't really answer to this thread, as my faves move around from one week to the next. For example, for a while after I let go and "opened my heart" to TOD, I couldn't get enough of it! Also, after the initial shock of KOTCS wore off, I completely immersed myself in it for a year. Even though it may have held my interest because as a fan I cannot simply ignore it's existence, and I wouldn't want to anyway, I have to agree with this:

The Drifter said:
Kingdom will ALWAYS be dead-last

In short, I may not have a favorite, but I can say which one I place last, even if I don't totally hate it.

teampunk

Henry W Jones said:
Actually go back a few pages in this thread and it does not always come in last. I only went a page or two back and someone ranked it #2. (Which I'm sure by reading many of the post around here, a lot of you feel it is a big fat deuce)
That was me. I'm not ashamed, I loved Kingdom. For me it hit just the right notes of nostalgia and fun. And while I love all the Indy movies, that is my list right now. :D

Henry W Jones

teampunk said:
That was me. I'm not ashamed, I loved Kingdom. For me it hit just the right notes of nostalgia and fun. And while I love all the Indy movies, that is my list right now. :D

And you shouldn't be ashamed. We all like what we like. I was just pointing out that it doesn't always come in last on everyone's list

AndyLGR

Raiders
Last Crusade
Temple of Doom
Crystal Skull

Raiders is the perfect action adenture movie, for me its unrivalled by any of the sequels and its even unrivalled by many other action adventure movies released over the years.

Temple Raider

I find all of the films hold up well, even KOTCS. The original three are timeless classics and KOTCS is a cool bonus to have another Indy adventure after so many years. That's how I look at it :)

Thugee

My personal favorite order would be:

TOD -10/10 (Liked it because it's different then ROTLA or TLC. And I also enjoyed the dark humor and tone. Was also the first Indy movie I ever saw. And the bridge scene could very possibly be my favorite scene in the series, tied with the truck chase in ROTLA)

ROTLA - 9.8/10 (The immortal original. Good balance between the vehicle-orientated action and individual action scenes like the Bar fight. Best opening as well. Also the truck chase is my favorite scene in the entire series...except for maybe the bridge scene from TOD.)

TLC - 9/10 (Good vehicle action, Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr. and the best relic/treasure of the series. A little too much comedy at times though and not enough of those little action scenes like the Bar fight in ROTLA. But the tank battle is one of my favorite sequences in the series.)

KOTCS - 8/10 (Cool relic/treasure, Marion Ravenwood is back, and the search for Akator/ Eldorado are all high points for me in this somewhat flawed but still highly enjoyable sequel. Also enjoyed the ending as well.)

lndianaJones

ROTLA 10/10
TLC 8/10
TOD 7/10
KOTCS 5/10
Raiders is my favorite movie of all time. In my 40 years I have not seen a better movie. Maybe someday it could happen but....not yet. Just my opinion though.

Temple Raider

Thugee said:
My personal favorite order would be:

TOD -10/10 (Liked it because it's different then ROTLA or TLC. And I also enjoyed the dark humor and tone. Was also the first Indy movie I ever saw. And the bridge scene could very possibly be my favorite scene in the series, tied with the truck chase in ROTLA)

ROTLA - 9.8/10 (The immortal original. Good balance between the vehicle-orientated action and individual action scenes like the Bar fight. Best opening as well. Also the truck chase is my favorite scene in the entire series...except for maybe the bridge scene from TOD.)

TLC - 9/10 (Good vehicle action, Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr. and the best relic/treasure of the series. A little too much comedy at times though and not enough of those little action scenes like the Bar fight in ROTLA. But the tank battle is one of my favorite sequences in the series.)

KOTCS - 8/10 (Cool relic/treasure, Marion Ravenwood is back, and the search for Akator/ Eldorado are all high points for me in this somewhat flawed but still highly enjoyable sequel. Also enjoyed the ending as well.)

Very similar to my assessment of the series, except I give both ROTLA and TOD a 10/10. Neither ever gets old for me.

Temple Raider

May as well post my summaries as to what I think of each movie:

TOD - 10/10 (for me the ultimate Indy adventure. Love it's dark tone and grim atmosphere, Indy IMO is at his best, Mola Ram is the best and scariest villain of the series and the action scenes are some of the most thrilling ever filmed. Never had a problem with Willie or Short Round, either).

ROTLA - 10/10 (not much I can say that hasn't been said already, it's a total classic and deserves all of the praises it gets).

TLC - 8/10 (fun but overrated. Disappointingly deriative of Raiders after how refreshingly different TOD was and I didn't like the heightened comedy, nor the treatment of Sallah and Brody. Still a fun and quality movie though, with Ford and Connery having amazing chemistry and there's still good action bits like the tank scene).

KOTCS - 7/10 (entertaining but held back by too many overly silly moments that get too OTT and detract from the movie).

Brooke Logan

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2.Tie between Temple and Last Crusade.

3. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I don't think Kingdom was terrible, it just really lacked the magic of the first three.

Temple Raider

KOTCS fell short of the first three to me but I still found it to be an entertaining and acceptable addition to the series. Definitely had an enjoyable experience seeing it in the theaters back in 2008.

IndyJoey

1/2. Tie between Raiders and Crusade 10/10
3. Temple of Doom. 9/10
4. Crystal Skull 7/10

I think Raiders is just an amazing classic, and best character intro ever. Last Crusade, i put at a 10 because i love how you see Indy and his dad bonding. It also has sentimental value because it was the first Indy movie i saw. Temple is great, i like the dark tone, but i prefer the lighter tone of raiders and crusade. I love short round and dont mind Willie. (although i think Marion is my favorite female character in the series) Crystal Skull seemed like it was trying too hard to copy Raiders. It wasnt a bad movie, it was just the worst Indy movie, in my opinion.

Djd1

My order would be :

Raiders

Temple

Last Crusade

Crystal Skull

The one good thing that CS has done is make me think more kindly of LC

michael

Indy's brother said:
I can't really answer to this thread, as my faves move around from one week to the next. For example, for a while after I let go and "opened my heart" to TOD, I couldn't get enough of it! Also, after the initial shock of KOTCS wore off, I completely immersed myself in it for a year. Even though it may have held my interest because as a fan I cannot simply ignore it's existence, and I wouldn't want to anyway, I have to agree with this:

Same here really. My favorite consistently alternates.

On a whole technical scale though, Raiders will always be number one.

KOTCS seems like it will always be my least favorite. I guess we'll have to see if that changes as the years go by.

IndyJones5183

For me it would be:
1.Raiders of the Lost Ark
2.Last Crusade
3.Temple of Doom
4.Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I didn't get the whole alien thing(or inter dimensional beings). I do watch Indy 4 though, because there were some positives in the movie, that I liked and the fact that I was born and old enough to see this movie in the theater too.