Positive Reviews

Blade

Dear All

We have had so many negative reviews posted on here that it is starting to be a bit one sided.

Please can you post some positive reviews or positive sections of a review so I can read them?

arkfinder

Who cares about reviews? You either like or dislike something. Reviews shouldn't sway you one way or another.

But, hey that's just me. :hat:

The Man

http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/Cinema/indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull

Indy 2008 packs more than enough OTT action, daredevil stunts and old-school humour to sit snugly alongside its forebears. Yes, it?ll likely be considered the fourth best Indiana Jones film ? but few series standards have been set so high.

But enough about the old dog ? there?s a new kid on the block(buster): Shia LaBeouf. Playing Mutt (cute name for a new dog), he?s bright and ballsy from the off. A greaser (?50s, right?), LaBeouf spends half his time picking fights, half combing his hair. If anyone knows how fast pop culture moves it?s Spielberg and casting a young star he raised in teen flicks Disturbia and Transformers shows his audience-savvy smarts. Not heard of Harrison Ford? You?ll know LaBeouf. And in giving the duo near equal screentime, the director further fuels rumours that Crystal Skull will kick-start a Mutt-led franchise.*

New nasties the Russian's don't convey the universal fear of the Nazi's and the plotting is so-so, but Shia sails through the Spielbergian thrills and spills and Ford can still crack the whip.

3/5.

*This section no doubt constitutes 'postive' for certain fans...

Blade

Darth Vile said:
Why not just go to rottentomatoes??? The majority there are positive.

I think we should have a thread which highlights all the positive reviews and positive statements.

James

Seeing as how Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has been directed, produced, written, and acted by the same basic team of artists who have been with the series from the very beginning, it should come as no surprise that this fourth installment in the phenomenally popular Indiana Jones series is cut from the same cloth as its predecessors.

Home Theater Forum

Indy Croft

well i totally agree you blade, I'm tired of negative reviews

Stunts in the film were amazing, KOTCS should get much higher score

James

Current Film: As for Ford, despite the actor's advancing age, he still manages to take on the iconic role superbly, handling the action sequences well and getting into the character's shoes like he'd never left. As for LaBeouf, I've never liked the actor, but will admit that he does a decent job in the sidekick role and plays off of Ford better than I'd expected he would. Blanchett is fun as the villain and Allen and Ford are great back together once again.

With a handful of exciting action sequences, a solid performance from Ford and a decent story, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" isn't without flaws, but does provide a couple of hours of thrills and stands as one of the stronger Summer movies in recent memory.

StoneTriple

James said:
Seeing as how Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has been directed, produced, written, and acted by the same basic team of artists who have been with the series from the very beginning, it should come as no surprise that this fourth installment in the phenomenally popular Indiana Jones series is cut from the same cloth as its predecessors.

If this forum allowed signatures, that would be mine.