Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark - PBS

indyclone25

object>

object>

object>

object>

i found this on youtube ---i'm sure you have seen this before but it is very cool stuff

Indy Geek

This is really cool stuff. I never seen this documentary, and theres some stuff in here that aren´t on the DVD pack (the making of DVD I mean).

(y)

-Jones-

It was posted by me ;). I've also the making of ToD, but I have to compress it in order to upload it on YT.

Dr.Sartorius

This is the special documentary aired on PBS in 1981 that was mentioned in the Complete Making of Indiana Jones book.

Thanks for uploading this! :whip: :whip:

No Ticket

This is awesome! I have the TOD making of and considered putting it on YouTube once, but I could never get it to convert to a format where I could split it up into parts and upload it.

But thanks for putting this on there.

Indy Geek

Is there some torrent on the net so we can download the all thing??

I wonder I this videos didn´t shown on the DVD Making off?

indyclone25

i have this on vhs along with the great stunts--- which i was able to make a dvd of and sent it to three indyfans on the collectors forum which they should be getting on wed.
scan0004.jpg

indyartist

The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark - PBS

has anyone seen this? It was a documentary in 1981 for PBS made my Phillip Schuman and it won an Emmy. I have only found one place to get the dvd online: http://directcinema.com/dcl/title.php?id=501 Apparently it must be rare in dvd format. If anyone knows about it, please shed some light. Thanks.

indyartist said:
has anyone seen this? It was a documentary in 1981 for PBS made my Phillip Schuman and it won an Emmy. I have only found one place to get the dvd online: http://directcinema.com/dcl/title.php?id=501 Apparently it must be rare in dvd format. If anyone knows about it, please shed some light. Thanks.

I've seen it I own it and am producing a "retrospective" of sorts of the special.

Check out: http://forcecast.net/story/indycast/IndyCast_Episode_86_127380.asp at about 19 minutes in.

Apparently Indyclone has made DVDs for members here before!

You can find it on youtube, although it's not complete.

What do you want to know?

Last edited:

indyartist

thanks for your response. I just wanted to know if its worth getting since it costs $30 on that site. Also, is the dvd rare? I couldn't find it on ebay at all. Thanks again.

indyartist said:
thanks for your response. I just wanted to know if its worth getting since it costs $30 on that site. Also, is the dvd rare? I couldn't find it on ebay at all. Thanks again.

I don't believe the special has ever been offered on DVD from an authorized or professional source. It was on the Raiders Laser Disk and it was released at least twice on VHS, but even the "5th disk" included as an exclusive through Best Buy here in The States only featured 10 minutes of footage.

I guess it all depends on the quality of the source they transfered the documentary from. If it's the Laser Disk it might be a nice copy, maybe Indyclone can hook you up.

Bottom line, it's a gamble because it's unauthorized but sometimes you win. There's only one way to know for sure...

In my opinion, it's a MUST have. If you don't have it, it's worth it...roll the dice, go get it.

indyartist

its on youtube in 4 parts when you type in: Original making of Raiders of the lost ark - it was great to see. That will hold me over for a while. Thanks.

indyclone25

i have made dvd copies for friends here on the raven and you know who you are , :D they are copies made from the vhs to dvd and play well , i know my copy still plays well , and the vhs has two makings of , the making of raiders of the lost ark and the great movie stunts , the latter narrated by mr. ford himself .both are very entertaing and show alot of the making of raiders .:whip: