Emperor's Tomb now plays on XBOX 360

Vlad Dracula

I?ve been re-playing it tonight on the 360 and I got to say, it has never looked better. Emperor?s Tomb is now up scaled for HDTVs and uses the 360?s anti-aliasing. Everything is sharp and clear looking. No more blurring or muddy looking graphics on HDTVs like with the original XBOX.

It?s also kept in its original full screen aspect ratio with the sides cropped off a little. Running it on the original XBOX on a widescreen TV caused the image to be stretched making the graphics look a bit distorted. The only downside is the game?s original audio glitches are all still there.

Vlad Dracula

Specifically, you need an XBOX 360 with a hard drive. The 360's backwards compatiblity is done on the software level and needs the hard drive to store the info.

When you are connected to XBOX Live, the software automatically updates itself when you put the game in. It only takes a few seconds and then you are ready to play the game.

Arab Swordsman

The sound issues with the backwards conversion was driving me nuts. It only seems to be the music tracks so I turned the game music all the way down and burned the Raiders soundtrack onto a CD to play on my CD player in the background while I'm playing. I can still hear the voices and FX in the game but have the music from the CD. I agree though that the grafics on the 360 are really good!

gioA

xbox 360 problems with emperors tomb

does anybody else have a problem with this game?
i bought it for the 360 knowing it was on the microsoft backwards compatibility list.
however on inserting the disc it shows up as indiana jones but says i need to upgrade.
when trying to do this my console says it is already up to date.
the disc surface looks fine, and as said above shows the I.D. label of the disc so seems to be reading it ok.
basically it has been a waste of money - a shame as i used to love playing it on the ps2.
do you think this is a console problem or microsoft getting it wrong?
ps. my xbox buffy the vampire slayer plays fine.
pps. microsoft have been useless in helping me!
cheers
giovanni

DocWhiskey

I broke out Emperor's tomb last year when the 1st KotCS pic of Ford as Indy was released. I put it in my 360 and it said it doesn't recognize the disc and my systems up to date. Luckily I still had my original xbox, so I busted that out and played it on that. Ran perfectly. I beat it again. Months and Months passed. Then the KotCS teaser was released, which made me want to play it again. So I put it in my 360 and it worked! I'm guessing one of the updates I've installed in those months fixed the problem. But now there's a problem by playing it on 360. For some reason the soundtrack is all messed up. It skips and repeats itself or doesn't play at all sometimes.

The official site lists it as newly backwards compatible: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/i/indianajones/

Sadly, I don't know what to say other than keep trying to update the console.

Vlad Dracula

It plays just fine on my 360. There are some audio glitches here and there but I think it does the same on my regular XBOX too. It does look really nice because the 360 upscales it.

If your 360 is connected to the internet the BC update should download when you put the game in.

gioA

no, i don't have the internet connection.
i'll just have to see if the next update will work.
thanks for the reply - at least i know it works on somebody's.

gioA

yeah, i've done that - that's why i'm bemused that it doesn't work.
got a standard email from microsoft today - which was no help at all!

DiscoLad

It's lookin' good for me, except the darn music...when I get to some pionts in the game, All the music...And I mean ALL the game music plays at once...but that's it ...

gioA

speaking to someone with the same problem it may be a fault with newer consoles - anyone get it to work on a new console?