Which KOTCS DVD "STORE EXCLUSIVE" will you get???

What exclusive???

• Circuit City - Lithographs

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Best Buy - Crystal Skull Replica

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Target - 80 Page Photo Book

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Sears/KMart - Lego Mini Posters

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Walmart - "No Exclusive"

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WeAreGoingToDie

Took a look at the online Target in-store ad for this week and noticed the Target exclusive with the 80-page book is the only listing for the 2-Disc DVD. Meaning there will probably be a good amount of them per store. :gun:

I remember Revenge of the Sith had the collector coin exclusive for a good month after the release, and I still see the exclusive deluxe edition of Spider-Man 3. (y)

James

QBComics said:
Either Target, or just plain nothing. This is a one day thing right?

The Best Buy exclusive will be packaged with the dvd, and it's highly likely that the Target book will be as well. In other words, the offers will be good until they sell out of that particular stock.

WeAreGoingToDie

if you're hitting either store tomorrow to Friday you should be safe in getting the exclusive. It's the loose freebies they keep behind the counter that you have to worry about.

caats

the best buy one isn't free though. you have to buy the 40 buck thing. i'll just go with the target one i think!

Avilos

Hmmm I tempted to just get the 2 disc set at Wal-Mart. I will be able to get it at midnight. I work late and otherwise I would have to wait until tommorrow night. This way I will be able to watch it in a few hours. I will be up anyways.

The Crystal Skull is cool but I don't want to spend that for the DVDs. That book looks nice. But its seem to be mini version of a book that is coming out in week. I rather pay for the full size book.

StoneTriple

I ended up going with the Target book. Figured I'd end up letting the lithos sit in a drawer and hardly ever look at them. The book I'll see every time I get the disc out to watch it.

Very nice, particularly for a give-away.

RaideroftheArk

StoneTriple said:
I ended up going with the Target book. Figured I'd end up letting the lithos sit in a drawer and hardly ever look at them. The book I'll see every time I get the disc out to watch it.

Very nice, particularly for a give-away.

This is what I ended up choosing... I'm always running around collecting little pieces of junk with all these new releases, I didn't want another thing laying around...a book seemed like a nice, tame bonus...and it's nicely packaged with the blu-ray discs.

Agent Z

TheLastCrusader said:

Having already purchased said comic book, I can assure everyone that it is NOT even worth getting for free.... (n)

Arab Swordsman said:
I just checked the "fine print" at Sideshow's website and giftcards can only be used for in-stock items and not for pre-orders or waitlist items. Pretty much any Indy item is going to be a pre-order so the card that comes with the Best Buy set isn't too worthwhile. I want that skull but I don't know if the extra money is worth it.

The card doesn't expire until 12/31/2009 though.....

James

I picked up the Best Buy skull and the Target book. The latter is really unnecessary if you intend to buy the entire book, but it's still a very nice exclusive. (And the only true "unique" dvd packaging for KOTCS.) Among the notable sights: Some great shots of Spalko, Spielberg wearing a Tintin shirt, and Lucas, Spielberg, and Kate/Willie on set.

I also bought the single disc version, since that packaging goes better with the recent SE's, imo. My only complaint is that the new spine artwork doesn't quite match. The photo of Indy is too small on the 1-disc, and too large on the 2-disc. (I know...I know...this is really minor, but seriously, how did this get past the design team?)

StoneTriple said:

I had planned on getting the lithographs, then returning the 2-disc at a later time. But I was assuming the lithographs would be large, and something you'd need to ask the cashier about. (Typically, that's how they've been given out in the past.) So I was surprised to find them smaller than the dvd, and packaged within the plastic.

For the record, the second concept art litho features Indy and Mutt discovering the skull. (I believe it was actually one of the trading cards.) I'm not really sure why they didn't use some of the more dynamic artwork from the film, such as the rocket sled fight.

Last edited: