Deleted scenes

Stoo

Udvarnoky said:
That's a good point. Depending on how the original version was staged, it could have just been that one shot of the chasm that got plugged in. If you look at the scene under that assumption, the fact that Harrison's reaction after pulling himself himself back to safety seems to amount to backing away and checking his feet seems more glaring.
Indeed. It looks as if he's brushing dust or sand from his pants/trousers when he was probably really double-checking to make sure there were no more critters crawling up his leg.
Indy's brother said:
At every bar, there's that one guy who has had one too many and doesn't realize how much of an ass he's making of himself. Guess The Raven is no different.
It was meant in playful jest (hence the smiley emoticon things). Sorry, man, I didn't realize that you were so fragile.:eek:

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
It was meant in playful jest (hence the smiley emoticon things). Sorry, man, I didn't realize that you were so fragile.:eek:

A couple of smiley faces, your typical mealy-mouthed back-peddling, and your casual assertion that I can't take a joke (such wit :rolleyes: ) don't make us best buds, or excuse that level of lowbrow rudeness here. We're not that tight. And even if we were, I wasn't aware that The Raven had become that kind of forum.

Stoo

Ooh, là là! Someone has a bee in their bonnet!:eek:

Speaking of bonnets & hats...Here are more images from misteam's rare videos: The Berlin airport/flughafen scene! The clip is behind-the-scenes stuff but it's the 1st time that I've ever seen actual footage of it. (Does anyone out there have or seen footage of this before?)

Indy discretely plucks his dad's hat off and the old codger looks around, in a typically bewildered state:

Deleted_Crusade_AirportHat_zps98021942.jpg

russds

Moedred said:
They cooked Piglet! Never seen this pic before. (Be sure to zoom to the full 2048 pixels wide.)

IMG_0001.jpg

Awesome! I haven't seen that either, thanks for posting. Pics like these remind me what a great adventure to make a movie like this, with life size sets and all the details.

And yes, looks like there was a scene with a pig. Crazy!

jsarino

I guess they took the roast pig out and went for the all out (and controversial) icky food choices, for a funnier effect?

Stoo

I thought they were as a picture of the pig in this thread but I can't find it (or it has been taken down). For posterity's sake:

4_Dinner_zps57887b2b.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Stoo! Always gathering images to improve the deleted scene pages. Dead baby animals probably didn't test well with some. Also it may have been a redundant bait-and-switch, like the soup. I'm guessing Willie saw the roasted pig approaching, then the piglets. They didn't want lingering thoughts of animal cruelty and western eating habits.

Last edited:

Djd1

Maybe the pig scene was cut due to the unlikelihood of pork being eaten in Northern India at all?? They eat pork in some areas of the South but not in the North...

Phlip

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but are we aware of the Pat Roach mini scene in Last Crusade on the blimp that was cut? Indy ended up punching him, which is all I know of. It's shown on the Blu-ray bonus features, at the end of I think "The Friends and Foes of Indiana Jones."

russds

Phlip said:
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but are we aware of the Pat Roach mini scene in Last Crusade on the blimp that was cut? Indy ended up punching him, which is all I know of. It's shown on the Blu-ray bonus features, at the end of I think "The Friends and Foes of Indiana Jones."

It has been mentioned, I believe it has been mentioned a few times in various threads, and is on the main site under the deleted scenes section as well.

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
A couple of smiley faces, your typical mealy-mouthed back-peddling, and your casual assertion that I can't take a joke (such wit :rolleyes: ) don't make us best buds, or excuse that level of lowbrow rudeness here. We're not that tight. And even if we were, I wasn't aware that The Raven had become that kind of forum.
Y'know, it's worth pointing out that 10 days before this incident you called me "a pompous ass", coupled with a big smiley face, and I laughed it off. Too bad it doesn't work the other way.:(
Djd1 said:
Maybe the pig scene was cut due to the unlikelihood of pork being eaten in Northern India at all?? They eat pork in some areas of the South but not in the North...
Not very likely, in my opinion. They didn't seem too concerned with properly portraying certain cultural elements. I mean, is there any place in India where people eat living baby snakes? (Plus, there's the deleted scene in the script where Indy & Blumburtt discuss how absurd the menu is for devout Hindus.)
Phlip said:
There are 2 photos available of that punching scene but I must have missed the clip on the Blu-ray set. Thanks for the heads-up!:hat:
Moedred said:
Thanks Stoo! Always gathering images to improve the deleted scene pages.
Always glad to help, Moe.:) I would love to see the Deleted Scenes pages of theraider.net become even better than they already are! Here's an alternate shot of Pat Roach as the Gestapo agent which comes slightly before the other one which is already there (He's pulling the gun out, whereas in the other it's already out). As you're aware, this is from Tibor's collection of press stills but I fixed the perspective to make it a perfect rectangle:

DeletedCrusade_Gestapo_FIX_small_zps4cb7e98f.jpg

Udvarnoky

The Last Crusade deleted scenes particularly interest me with respect to how they relate to the graphic adventure game. Because it was developed alongside the movie's production, it was based off the screenplay, and while there was certainly plenty of expansion and liberties taken regardless, some of that original content has a source in deleted material.

For example, the scene at the Berlin airport involving the old codger was clearly an inspiration for a sequence in the game taking place in the same setting where an old man is distracted in order to swipe his zeppelin tickets. I do believe there was also meant to be a scene aboard the zeppelin where Indy wrecks or otherwise messes with the radio that a puzzle in the game relates to.

S. Dakota Jones

I had not seen the clips from the tarantula and Indy but I clearly remember the picture of it crawling up his leg in the LC storybook I had.

I had read the storybook before I saw the movie so every time I watch LC(even now) and Indy is telling Elsa that his dad hates rats, I keep expecting him to tell the story about the rat in the basement.

Indy's brother

Still Stoo-ing over it, I see

Stoo said:
Y'know, it's worth pointing out that 10 days before this incident you called me "a pompous ass", coupled with a big smiley face, and I laughed it off. Too bad it doesn't work the other way.:(

In what universe are the terms pompous ass and F***F*** equal. I suppose I should just let you roll over me to satisfy your bloated ego. No wait. Pass.

Stoo

Udvarnoky said:
The Last Crusade deleted scenes particularly interest me with respect to how they relate to the graphic adventure game.
Very interesting. I've never played the game so this is cool to know. Thanks for pointing it out!(y)
S. Dakota Jones said:
I keep expecting him to tell the story about the rat in the basement.
:confused: What am I missing here?
Indy's brother said:
In what universe are the terms pompous ass and F***F*** equal.
It would be nice if you could shed your thin skin (like a snake) and get a thicker one.:(

5_SnakeStatue_zps3cf4291e.jpg

Finn

Staff member
Mod note

A day can easily turn into a week if it does not appear to be enough. Behave, kids.

S. Dakota Jones

Stoo said:
:confused: What am I missing here?

In the storybook, when Indy tells Elsa about Henry's fear of rats while finishing the grail tablet rubbing, he tells her a quick story how they had a rat in the basement one time and he had to go down to kill it because his dad was afraid.

Anyways every time he says "He HATES rats, he's scared to death of them!", I keep expecting Indy to continue on with the story and it even looks like it(maybe cause I read it), before cutting to the Brotherhood igniting the petroleum.

Stoo

S. Dakota Jones said:
In the storybook, when Indy tells Elsa about Henry's fear of rats while finishing the grail tablet rubbing, he tells her a quick story how they had a rat in the basement one time and he had to go down to kill it because his dad was afraid.
Cool. I just checked and that bit is also in the 3rd script draught:

---
Indy: Ha! He never would have made it past the rats! He's scared to death of 'em!
(beat)
I know. We had one in the basement once. Guess who had to go down there and kill it? And I was only six
!
---

One of the unproduced episodes for Young Indy was to be set in May 1905 Princeton, when Indy was two months shy of being 6 years old. It would've been fun if that anecdote was included in the story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoo

Floating Face

Forgot to mention that 2 weeks ago, Raven member paraiderfan found a recent interview with the guy who played the sacrifice victim in "Doom". The actor references a deleted scene where his face was meant to float on the lava surface.

Nizwar Karanj:
"Actually, they made a lifelike face of mine for the film, including glass eyes. That was because, once the cage was lowered into this pit of molten lava, my body would disintegrate and you would see my face floating. But that scene was too gory for the censors, so they cut that!"

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/meet-the-man-who-had-his-heart-ripped-out-in-indiana-86601308007.html

That would have been really freaky to see!:eek: