Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

TheFedora

AndyLGR said:
Raiders seems to be the film that people rewatch the most:

Movie lovers typically rewatch their favourite film 29 times in their lifetime, according to research released today.
Raiders of the Lost Ark tops the list of our most regularly re-watched films, followed closely by sci-fi classic Star Wars and Back to the Future......................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...The-Lost-Ark-movie-like-watch-over-again.html

Well, I know that I watch this movie out of the quadrilogy the most.... Second is The Last Crusade. Temple of Doom not so much, and I think I've only seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 3 times if that.

kongisking

TheFedora said:
Well, I know that I watch this movie out of the quadrilogy the most.... Second is The Last Crusade. Temple of Doom not so much, and I think I've only seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 3 times if that.

I've watched Crystal Skull loads of times...the same way a pathologist continues to cut open a corpse to find out how it died.

...Wait, hold on...I'm not Montana Smith? I think I'm losing it, people. :p

TheFedora

kongisking said:
I've watched Crystal Skull loads of times...the same way a pathologist continues to cut open a corpse to find out how it died.

...Wait, hold on...I'm not Montana Smith? I think I'm losing it, people. :p

I know that feeling. The same feeling I get whenever I watch Jurassic Park three. One of abject pain and torture over how they could get a franchise messed up that badly.

Duaner

Over time, I really decided that Raiders is not only the best Indy film, but the best movie of all-time. It is simply perfect from start to finish. Though I will always love Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. TOD was the first Indy film I saw as a kid so it is special to me. Last Crusade is probably the one I have watched the most though.

Temple Raider

TheFedora said:
I know that feeling. The same feeling I get whenever I watch Jurassic Park three. One of abject pain and torture over how they could get a franchise messed up that badly.

I probably felt somewhat similar with KOTCS during the first view. While I've mellowed out on it a great deal since then, back in 2008 I shared the universal disappointment many had.

Temple Raider

My ranking is likely always going to be the same:

TOD
ROTLA
KOTCS
TLC

While I'll never disagree with ROTLA being the best, TOD is the one I find the most entertaining.

Paul Pauley

Just what is the difference between having braindead guards under the influence of the Kali blood (like Indy becomes) and people able to make jokes and seem normal (like Chatter Lal or the maharajah)?

Finn

Staff member
JollyGreenSlugg said:
Just what is the difference between having braindead guards under the influence of the Kali blood (like Indy becomes) and people able to make jokes and seem normal (like Chatter Lal or the maharajah)?
The former tell better jokes.

Paul Pauley

It's possible they were told by radio, but I want to know how the pilots got their orders to abandon the plane. Also, why would Lao Che (a) lose a plane and whatever else it was carrying and (b) run the risk of Indy being able to land it, when it would be easier to just have the pilots kill the trio?

Drones33

JollyGreenSlugg said:
It's possible they were told by radio, but I want to know how the pilots got their orders to abandon the plane. Also, why would Lao Che (a) lose a plane and whatever else it was carrying and (b) run the risk of Indy being able to land it, when it would be easier to just have the pilots kill the trio?
Maybe because Temple of Doom would've been about 8 minutes long and would've ended with Indy's death. Which rather defeats the object...

Temple Raider

2019 will be here before we know it with Indy 5 in the mix. Will be very interesting to see how it'll rank in with the rest.

Raiders90

Torn between Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. Raider is the better FILM, in terms of being a classic cinematic masterpiece, but it's too slow-paced and a little too "serious" for younger audiences. Raiders has the best action sequences, though.

The Man

The best in terms of perfection: Raiders

The most joyfully ballsy: Temple

The most entertaining all-round: Crusade

The one devoid of all the above qualities: The Other

Raiders90

The Man said:

Sounds about right, except I'd say KOTCS is just a flawed transitional film. Masks of Evil, if you view it as a "film", is on par with Temple of Doom, IMO.

Temple Raider

The Man said:

Not a bad assessment, but for me TOD is the most overall entertaining. KOTCS I'd say is an entertaining comeback film that showed nearly 20 years later the series still had life in it.