Skull plot - order of events now we've seen the trailer

Mike Dowswell

wow...slightly off topic this...but just discovered John Rhys-Davies in Prisoners of the Sun...just saw some very interesting photos there on Imdb... though the plot outline sounds a bit odd...I spose it could be good if done well though...I had no idea this movie excisted or was shot...

I hate that Sallah bloke - good riddance to him is what I say.

In terms of plot, I couldnt really care less as long as its fast paced and full of action and fighting and explosions and cool one-liners and that Shia kid doesn't **** all over the legacy.

Oh, and if Sean Connery does appear in a cameo, I'll be first in the queue to make like Bruce Lee on Lucas' five necks.

AlivePoet

replican't said:

In terms of plot, I couldnt really care less as long as its fast paced and full of action and fighting and explosions and cool one-liners and that Shia kid doesn't **** all over the legacy.

Oh, and if Sean Connery does appear in a cameo, I'll be first in the queue to make like Bruce Lee on Lucas' five necks.

:) I think it would be fun watching the film with you in the theatre.

After seeing it a few times first without you, anyway. ;)

Professor Jones

Mutt Williams said:
You're right Prof, but an opinion is an opinion eh? Just my thoughts, if some can take it as an advice, then I'm happy. ;)

;) That's the spirit we all should keep in a forum!! I like when there's a kind and brilliant dialogue between the raveners!

Actually, as you've probably understood, I was referring to posts in which opinions and advices are expressed in more tough and intolerant ways! Of course, it must be clear that's not your case! :hat:

Canyon

Named after, I like some of your Indy 4 idea, but I'm afraid there's just one part I can't agree with...

Indy hasn't spoken to his son. Remember how Henry Sr. in Last Crusade was towards Indy when he was growing up.

"What you taught me was that I was less important to you than people who had been dead for three thousand years in another country and I learnt it so well, that we've hardly spoken for twenty years."

I honestly believe that Indy would never abandon his children. Therefore, I think it will be more like:

Indy: "Mutt?"
Mutt looks up
"Yes, dad?"
Indy looks at him blankly
"What?"
Looks at Marion.
Marion takes a deep breath.
"Indy, I've been meaning to tell you. Mutt is our son."
"Oh, that's just great. Well, when were you going to tell me that we have son?"

replican't said:

What? How can anyone hate Sallah. :confused: :eek:

San Holo

Canyon said:
Indy: "Mutt?"
Mutt looks up
"Yes, dad?"
Indy looks at him blankly
"What?"
Looks at Marion.
Marion takes a deep breath.
"Indy, I've been meaning to tell you. Mutt is our son."
"Oh, that's just great. Well, when were you going to tell me that we have son?"
I really don't think Mutt will know either, thus the name Williams-either way, it is kinda weird. My thoughts are that Lucas will make it A New Hope-ish, as Leia sends R2 to find Obi-Wan as a last desperate attempt for help, so will Marion send Mutt for Indy.

bergstrom

San Holo said:
I really don't think Mutt will know either, thus the name Williams-either way, it is kinda weird. My thoughts are that Lucas will make it A New Hope-ish, as Leia sends R2 to find Obi-Wan as a last desperate attempt for help, so will Marion send Mutt for Indy.

Nice parallel thoery.

oki9Sedo

replican't said:

Thats the first time I've ever heard of anyone not liking Sallah.

replican't said:

He does have the most impressive fat neck I've ever seen.

Mutt Williams

San Holo said:

I can approve that. ;)

Dr. Gonzo

For some reason I am really looking forward to the "new mexico/area 51/warehouse" stuff. Spalko, disguised russkies, and from what I read in another thread, a chase in the warehouse? Really looking forward to that scene.

MarxBrosFan

Yeah, I really want to know what Indy is looking for at the warehouse. The Ark is the most obvious guess but if he's not, then what could he be after? Plus, I don't see how Indy could carry the Ark around with him on his journey to Peru. Maybe the Soviets will have it? The suspense is killing me lol. I hope the trailer gives us some clues, but it probably won't.

I agree with the people who say that scene will be in the beginning of the movie. The picture of Cate thrusting her sword into Indy's neck and the soldiers reminds me of the scene in Raiders where Indy meets Belloq.

MarxBrosFan

spiralout said:
I think he's just trying to protect the Ark, not trying to get it for himself.

I wonder how Indy even found out about the warehouse in the first place. :confused: Damn, there are so many questions!

spiralout

MarxBrosFan said:
I wonder how Indy even found out about the warehouse in the first place. :confused: Damn, there are so many questions!

Yeah, there are still so many details that are unknown. They've done a good job on keeping the story mostly a secret.

barranca

Just checked on the Imdb for updates, their listing a 'Joel Stoffer' in the cast as 'Agent Taylor' looks like he's done a lot of TV (charmed and latterly prison break). Agent ? FBI ?
Also does anyone have any Ideas re Alan Dales character ?..... FBI too?

WillKill4Food said:
If you hate Sallah, you have no heart...because you probably got it removed by Mola Ram in the only non-Sallah film. ;)

Oh come on - Sallah was just about tolerable in Raiders as a plot device, but by Crusade he'd become a fat comedy arab who pops up out of nowhere in the most unbelievable fashion (did Indy text him or something?) and proceeds to make the lamest 'fist in newspaper' gag ev-er. Putting him in a scene with the now risibly stupid Marcus made the idea of a Chuckle Brothers movie seem like a stroke of genius.