Should Dan Aykroyd have a cameo?

Would you like to see Dan Aykroyd have a cameo?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 65.4%

• Total voters

Shemp

I, personally would love to see Weber appear, even if it is as small as his part in ToD. I didn't even realize it was him until years after I first saw it. I think if the timing were right, the could easily fit his character in.

MattJones

No Ticket said:
Wait... Dan Aykroyd is in TOD? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I seriously do not remember where. I've never noticed! HAHA!

Ah, Weber the Two-Timing Travel Agent... I wonder how much Aykroyd got paid for that part...

He was in it for five seconds... TOPS, and they never really focused on him.

Matthew

I voted no, but I might vote this thread yes in a funniest thread poll! after all the cameo stuff seeing this thread title I laughed, good stuff. It's funny, most the time I usually forget he ever had that quick part. Wonder if he ever got that gin Indy owed him, or maybe after the near plane crash death he sorta forgot.

No Ticket

MattJones said:
Ah, Weber the Two-Timing Travel Agent... I wonder how much Aykroyd got paid for that part...

He was in it for five seconds... TOPS, and they never really focused on him.

I thought that was probably him, it sounds like him... I just never actually thought it WAS him! lol.

Shemp

No Ticket said:
Wait... Dan Aykroyd is in TOD? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I seriously do not remember where. I've never noticed! HAHA!

Here's some screen caps:

weber3.jpg

weber.jpg

weber4.jpg

weber2.jpg

In total his screen time is about 30 seconds...

Finn

Staff member
Matthew said:
...which for anyone of us I'm sure would mean immortal glory :)
Hey, if you got your name in an Indy film credits... you're never completely forgotten.

Burke

His part was so minor, it probably wouldn't hurt, but too many in-jokes or references can really ruin a franchise flick.

Niteshade007

No, of course not, why should he?

He's not a big star by any means, so his appearance would just seem odd. Although, most people don't even recognize him in Temple of Doom. In fact, I don't think most people know that he has a cameo at all in Temple of Doom. Since it's not really known, it would just seem odd to see Dan Akroyd, someone recognizable, but someone who hasn't really had a big movie since the 80's, to have a "cameo" in the movie.

A_True_Believer

I love Dan Aykroyd (still waiting for Ghostbusters 3, Dan!), but I think his character in TOD was too insignificant to make a cameo in Indy 4.

However, I'd love to see Tom Selleck make a cameo, for obvious reasons. ;)

Deckard

A_True_Believer said:
I love Dan Aykroyd (still waiting for Ghostbusters 3, Dan!), but I think his character in TOD was too insignificant to make a cameo in Indy 4.

However, I'd love to see Tom Selleck make a cameo, for obvious reasons. ;)

I was jsut thinking what ever happened to GB3? Cmon Bill Murray Do it! And get Eddie Murphy for 3 like they originaly intended. Not that the guy who played Winston wasn't great, but he also wasn't funny. If you work Eddie in w/o him trying to steal the movie it'd be gold.

Deckard

Falco09 said:
Hate to tell you but the GB3 movie has been turned into the Ghostbusters video game.

Hate to tell me? thats great! Are they doing voices? Dan and Harold? I thought GB was dead, thats awesome.