is kotcs gonna be on the cable movies stations soon?

indyclone25

i havent seen any news if kotcs is gonna be on-- hbo , showtime or starz? has anybody heard anything?

It's already been on and now off Fios On-Demand. I think it's a part of Sky TV's upcomming line up.

But you've GOT to have it on DVD...what's the interest in TV?

indyclone25

just wondering ----just as the same as when star wars is on tv and i still end up watching it --- it just means that it will be on cable and on at least 20 hours a week - so if im flipping thru the stations and i see it on i'll just watch it -- :D

deckard24

I would think sometime soon. But, I have barely ever seen the original three films on cable, except during the months leading up to KOTCS's release, so who knows?

On another note, my local Blockbuster had copies of Skull in their $3.99 bin, if that's any consolation. You can go check out the stores by you, and pick up a copy, for what might be the cheapest I've ever seen an Indy film go for (granted they are previously viewed copies).

deckard24 said:
I would think sometime soon. But, I have barely ever seen the original three films on cable, except during the months leading up to KOTCS's release, so who knows?

On another note, my local Blockbuster had copies of Skull in their $3.99 bin, if that's any consolation. You can go check out the stores by you, and pick up a copy, for what might be the cheapest I've ever seen an Indy film go for (granted they are previously viewed copies).

I've seen new copies for $10 already. ...not that I'd grab it even at that price. :sick:

indyclone25 said:
just wondering ----just as the same as when star wars is on tv and i still end up watching it --- it just means that it will be on cable and on at least 20 hours a week - so if im flipping thru the stations and i see it on i'll just watch it -- :D

Darn I was hoping you'd say they had some extra content/interviews commentary and such...

indyclone25

nah , just hoping that it would be on hbo or something --- dark knight is on hbo right now and i have the dvd also but when its on i still watch it ---just something to do when bored watch whatevers on tv . i guess i could be out taking a walk or something --- :hat:

Dewy9

The Indy movies are rarely shown on TV, considering how popular the series has been. Heck, AMC plays the two Jack Ryan movies Harrison Ford was in all the time.

It usually is about 3 years after the movie is released in theaters. It could appear on a channel like Encore (not quite up there with HBO/Cinemax) in early '10.

deckard24

ResidentAlien said:
I've seen new copies for $10 already. ...not that I'd grab it even at that price. :sick:
I gotta admit I was a little shocked to see it in the $3.99 bargain bin. Not even The Eye with Jessica Alba was in that bin, it was out on the floor displays with the 4 for $20 movies.

A year ago May, prior to the release, I'd have never thought it was possible!

James

deckard24 said:
I gotta admit I was a little shocked to see it in the $3.99 bargain bin. Not even The Eye with Jessica Alba was in that bin, it was out on the floor displays with the 4 for $20 movies.

Of course, The Eye probably wasn't a title that they stocked in great quantities, whereas they basically flooded the shelves with KOTCS.

I've seen all the major blockbusters in the previously-viewed bin at one time or another. It seems to be the final stop in the life of a modern-day hit. :dead:

However, I don't think it's sad, so much as a reflection of how disposable our entertainment has become.

We're a long way from the days when people would make a special trip to a city, just because a film was finally screening again. :D

Forbidden Eye

Meh, I think its more of a case with the economy and less a case with the film. I've seen many DVDs(and Blu-Rays) drop, specifically on Amazon.

Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange on Blu-Ray is going for $7.99 right now. Anybody want to claim that its now an indicator of a poor movie?

As for cable tv, I think its because Lucas is really protective of his films, in a similar way Disney is. Your rarely see Star Wars or Indiana Jones films on tv the same way they constantly reair Men In Black or Spider-Man.

Darth Vile

KOTCS and the other 3 Indy movies are all showing tonight on Sky's (UK) HD channel. First time I'll get an opportunity to see Raiders, TOD and TLC in HD.

Dewy9

Forbidden Eye said:
As for cable tv, I think its because Lucas is really protective of his films, in a similar way Disney is. Your rarely see Star Wars or Indiana Jones films on tv the same way they constantly reair Men In Black or Spider-Man.

Well, a year ago, I would have agreed. Spike got the rights to air the SW movies a year ago and they play them all the time now.

indyclone25

that what i am saying ---starw ars is on just about every month for a week straight on spike tv , and last year usa station ran the indy trilogy for two weeks , then nothing ---- you would think that their sister station syfy would show indy again, they keep showing jurrassic park all the time , well hopefully soon, we'll see it airring on tv .

AndyLGR

Its on in the UK as we speak. I'm watching KOTCS (again) as I type this. Later this afternoon we have the original trilogy back to back.

Epix Lands A Home On Verizon's FiOS TV

Service Gears Up For Multiplatform Rollout In October
by Mike Reynolds -- Multichannel News, 8/3/2009 2:00:00 AM EDT
Epix, the joint venture movie service from Paramount, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Lionsgate, snagged its first affiliate pact, landing a multiplatform rollout with Verizon Communications' FiOS TV.

The deal will place Epix, which offers unedited, commercial-free films, on FiOS's TV lineup as both a standard- and high-definition channel, via FiOS Internet, as well as through delivery on wireless devices and on the telco's on-demand platform.

The parties have not disclosed a firm launch date, other than to say it will be in early October. It was also unclear as to exactly where the network will be positioned. Epix president Mark Greenberg, who would not discuss license fees, said FiOS was working through the distribution channels, noting the ?best incentive? calls for the service to be located on a widely penetrated digital tier. Verizon officials said it had not yet decided on channel positioning.

Verizon customers, though, in September will begin receiving on-demand and online access to directors' script notes, outtakes, auditions and other unique extras, said Greenberg.

Epix's lineup includes Paramount's release of Lucasfilm's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Gear

indyclone25 said:
is kotcs gonna be on the cable movies stations soon?

Yeah, right before 'Aladdin 4: Jafar May Need Glasses'

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5iLsH8IXj38&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5iLsH8IXj38&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rocket Surgeon said:
Service Gears Up For Multiplatform Rollout In October
by Mike Reynolds -- Multichannel News, 8/3/2009 2:00:00 AM EDT
Epix, the joint venture movie service from Paramount, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Lionsgate, snagged its first affiliate pact, landing a multiplatform rollout with Verizon Communications' FiOS TV.

The deal will place Epix, which offers unedited, commercial-free films, on FiOS's TV lineup as both a standard- and high-definition channel, via FiOS Internet, as well as through delivery on wireless devices and on the telco's on-demand platform.

The parties have not disclosed a firm launch date, other than to say it will be in early October. It was also unclear as to exactly where the network will be positioned. Epix president Mark Greenberg, who would not discuss license fees, said FiOS was working through the distribution channels, noting the “best incentive” calls for the service to be located on a widely penetrated digital tier. Verizon officials said it had not yet decided on channel positioning.

Verizon customers, though, in September will begin receiving on-demand and online access to directors' script notes, outtakes, auditions and other unique extras, said Greenberg.

Epix's lineup includes Paramount's release of Lucasfilm's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

They offered Crystal Skull free on demand, it was a Pan and Scan version!

The Raider.net provided a link to a free trial offer which offered HD versions of the film. At least Raiders featured the "revised" death of Herr Gobler, (which I thought was an improvement).

Although I viewed over highspeed fiber optic network on nice, (and varied) equipment, I had issues with the picture quality. The brights seemed fine but there was some distracting pixelation in darker areas of "the print".

More interesting to me was the promise of exclusive behind the scene extras and they had offered some, but none for Indiana Jones. It wasn't offered along with each movie, it was more of a page that listed articles from select movies...like Black Rain! Yea! Permed, mullet haired Michael Douglas! Yea!

Pretty disappointing.