Second Best

After Harrison Ford, who is the second best Indy?

• Corey Carrier

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • River Phoenix

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Sean Patrick Flannery

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • George Hall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Indy Smith

River. Dunno why. I guess coz he payed Young Indy 1st. So SPF was only ever playing the part in Rivers shadow. I still like SPF.

Katarn07

Flannery looks the part, but River acts the part the way he runs around and just basically moves and he gets my vote.

Junior Jones

I was a big fan of YIJC, and back when it was on TV I got used to seeing SPF as Indy every week. For a while, he was who I pictured when Indiana Jones was mentioned.

We have 6-7 hours of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. There are 24 hours of SPF, and 10 hours of Corey Carrier. Of course quantity doesn't equal quality.

Now that the series has been off for so long and I don't watch the videos as often as I used to, Harrison Ford is my mental picture of Indiana Jones again. Bur SPF is a close second.

Luckylighter

River Phoenix had Ford's mannerisms and expressions down pat. He was so convincing, he LOOKED like a young Harrison Ford.

But I don't want to knock Flannery, who is a really good actor in his own right--check out "Boondock Saints." It was a tough call between these two actors, but I had to go with River, because we got most of Indy's backstory with Last Crusade, and we get to see him meet Abner. (waits for controversy to start)

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah... you're right.

Phoenix and Flannery are both good.
But I too chose Phoenix.

But, man.. Boondock Saints was one hell of a movie; and Flannery was really good in it.

Finn

Staff member
I actually disregard part of YIJC as apocryphal. Flanery is not bad, however. But Phoenix's my natural choice. His performance as teenage Indy is close to perfect.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Junior Jones said:
Most people seem to either love it or hate it.

I didn't like the YIJ series.. but didn't hate it either...
It had its moments...

Jezus... 'apocryphal'... man, I had to pick up a dictionary for that word... :D
Haha, I learned a new word today? lol

Finn

Staff member
Junior Jones said:
Just part? Most people seem to either love it or hate it. What part do you consider apocryphal?
Well, there are episodes that fantastically fit the Indy timeline and have the feeling that it's something Indy actually has done... and then there are ones that go a little over the top with something... like the skills Indy has, the events that seem not quite "fit"...all things in general that argue with that picture we've got by watching the original trilogy starring Harrison Ford.

Of course, I could simply disregard whole series and think that more appropiate way to call it could be "A man lot like Indiana Jones adventuring in the beginning of the 20th century", but I do know that the official word out is that "this is what Indiana Jones did before the 30's", and I don't want to dis the whole timeline in general, just bits'o'it. The major timeline, Indy being a WW I veteran and such are okay to me, but there are some snippets I rather cut off from "my Indy timeline" (like majority of the kid Indy eps since they appear nothing what that prologue in LC indicated).

Of course, I'm not telling people that this is what they should believe, it's all in that what I want to believe. Now, if other fans out there want to take different events on their timeline and consider something else that has been happening same time as apocryphal, they can feel free. I'm not going to start arguing with them and tell them it's my bible they should take as fact.

Webley

When I see an episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles with Sean Patrick Flanery I always think "Dam that guy has the same posture and walk as harrison ford."

So I vote Flanery:whip:

IndyBuff

I voted for Phoenix as well, although when I'm finally able to view the YIJC I may change my mind.:whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
SPF got my vote. I grow up watching him as Young Indy and what else... that's right, I think he looks hot in the series!

Balou

I´ve also chosen river phoenix, I don´t know why but he had a charism which became typical for my vison of the one young indy. The scenes in LC are great and I love to see him, in some way he submits an atmosphere of freshness and youth.
anyhow I think also Flanery did a great job, his performance in the chronicles was absolutely great and convincing, he has potential and e.g. his role and play in "oganga" was fantastic.
He gave the role more facing because of the large number of episodes.
But he won´t be able to reach River =)

qwerty

It suprises me that you people think that River Phoenix did a good job in TLC.
I think that that part could have been played by anyone with similar results.
I do not see any connection between him and Indy in the later years (Harison Ford). It shoud be like watching childhood homevideos of someone you know. In this case (for me) this did not happen. It was more like an intersting way to begin a movie and to show the exponation for fear of snakes and the fedora.
I love the part with the hat. (the only reason why I can stand Finn is becouse he has an avatar with a face of that guy that gives Indy his first fedora :D )