The novel reprints are out

Crack that whip

TeamAndino said:
The only books I haven't seen yet are Unicorns Legacy, Interior World, White Witch, Dinosaur Eggs, Hollow Earth, and Secret of the Sphinx. Im still looking for them so if anyone finds a specific book at a certain store please let me know.

Of the ones you mention, I've seen White Witch, Hollow Earth and Secret of the Sphinx at the Borders here. You can also order all of them from Amazon, and probably from the online store of any of the major bookstore chains.

TeamAndino

Crack that whip said:
Of the ones you mention, I've seen White Witch, Hollow Earth and Secret of the Sphinx at the Borders here. You can also order all of them from Amazon, and probably from the online store of any of the major bookstore chains.

Cool thanks, I'd been to Wal-Mart and Barns N' Noble but for some reason didn't think to stop at Borders

Rococo

After Wal-Mart failed me today with not having the novels, I went over to Costco to get the KOTCS book (14$ hardcover!). Lo and behold, they not only had the other novelizations, but they were cheap, cheap cheap!

They came in three-packs, for $11.99 for three. Groupings were as follows:

Genesis Deluge
Philosophers Stone
Hollow Earth

Seven Veils
Dinosaur Eggs
Peril at Delphi

Dance of the Giants
Secret of the Sphinx
Sky Pirates

If there was a final set with the last three, I didn't see it.

Before that, I hit Borders, where everything was very expensive, but they had a great set out of a bunch of the books. The complete guide and the original trilogy novelizations looked great, but I found them on Amazon.com for way less and free shipping.

I have a lot of reading to catch up on!

michael

Are the books a good read? Does it feel like a different way to enjoy the adventures? I imagine Raiders would be a really good book.

Goonie

michael said:
Are the books a good read? Does it feel like a different way to enjoy the adventures? I imagine Raiders would be a really good book.

Raiders is a good one, has parts that aren't in the movie. I just finished Peril at Delphi. I've read Dance of the Giants before, so the next Bantam novel I'll read is Seven Veils. However, right now I'm reading the novelization of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, so when I'm finished that I'll start Veils. I'd like to see new books released on stories covering the gaps between the movies. I still have to read the novelizations of Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.

YouNeverKnow

It's seeming like they didn't reprint Unicorn's Legacy and Interior World for this run. Anyone know the reason? Are they disappointing? Did they not sell well before? They're on Amazon so that's where I'll buy them but I was wondering why they aren't even in the front jackets of the books or the novels pack in the official store.

Katarn07

YouNeverKnow said:
It's seeming like they didn't reprint Unicorn's Legacy and Interior World for this run. Anyone know the reason? Are they disappointing? Did they not sell well before? They're on Amazon so that's where I'll buy them but I was wondering why they aren't even in the front jackets of the books or the novels pack in the official store.

I've heard good stuff about Interior World (never read it myself), but in my opinion, Unicorn's Legacy sucked. At least when compared to the preceding entries in the series.

BlackSleep

Just bought all 3 original film novelizations from Wal-Mart (the Black, Kahn, and MacGregor novelizations) in re-print form. I'm about halfway through Raiders, and wow! is there a lot of material that wasn't on film. I love it so far, never new Toht's first name was Arnold. I especially like Indy's meanderings through Nepal. I usually hate reading books after seeing the film (too much time invested for too little info return), but this one is proving to be an awesome read. Looking forward to hitting Temple and LC later this month.

Man With A Hat

Hi all,

I just found this message board, and was very surprised, I didn't know there was an Indy board at all, let alone the novels!

One quick question, why all the dislike for the Caidin novels? I thought they were pretty good, but everyone here seems more knowledgeable about the novels then me...I have 7 out of the 12 I believe that were made, and I've liked every one so far. I'm into Indy's backstory, so my other question is, sorry if its been answered before..are these novels on the same level as the SW books as far as canon goes? (I mean are they 'officially' part of Indy's history, like the Young Indy series?)

(This was my first post, be gentle. lol)

scottbravesfan

Man With A Hat said:
Hi all,

I just found this message board, and was very surprised, I didn't know there was an Indy board at all, let alone the novels!

One quick question, why all the dislike for the Caidin novels? I thought they were pretty good, but everyone here seems more knowledgeable about the novels then me...I have 7 out of the 12 I believe that were made, and I've liked every one so far. I'm into Indy's backstory, so my other question is, sorry if its been answered before..are these novels on the same level as the SW books as far as canon goes? (I mean are they 'officially' part of Indy's history, like the Young Indy series?)

(This was my first post, be gentle. lol)

I believe they are part of the cannon like the extended universe in Star Wars. I like Caidin's novels as well. If you can try and pick up the other novels in the series they were all good reads to me. I hope they restart the series I would love if it was like the Star Wars books where we get at least a couple of new adventures a year.

Also for the poster above who mentioned the novelizations, I too have picked them up recently and they did add a good deal to them,which I like. The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull novelization was like that as well. I'm currently reading through that one and enjoying it.

Indy Pendant

I read three novelizations in 1997, and I disliked them so much I'm skeptical to read more today. It would be easier if I could find them at the library, but I can't.

Goonie

YouNeverKnow said:

Unicorn's Legacy is the only one I'm looking for now. I managed to find Interior World at a used bookstore. None of the bookstores around here have Unicorn's Legacy.

Wulfgang

Well I waited a long time but I finally finished my collection yesterday, it only took 12 years. I ordered the Unicorn's Legacy. I picked up the other 3 books I needed last week. I can't wait till my month off!!
Wulfie

Crack that whip

TeamAndino said:
Anybody have any idea why Unicorns Legacy and Interior World weren't reprinted along with the other books?

I was under the impression they were reprinted along with the others... but it does seem as though they're a lot harder to find than the others, doesn't it? Most peculiar...

indyclone25

i was at borders today and saw all of the book available they were in the fiction section and all were there--- they sort of redid the lettering on the titles on the spine from what they looked like back on the original printing--- but good to see all of them out again

Agent Z

TeamAndino said:
Anybody have any idea why Unicorns Legacy and Interior World weren't reprinted along with the other books?

They were...

Is Costco still selling the novels in 3-packs as mentioned earlier in the thread? I checked their online store and it doesn't mention the novels at all. The nearest store to me is a little out of the way, but would be worth it for books under $4 each.

Raider S

I picked up Peril at Delphi and Dance of the Giants at Wal Mart. Got close to half through Delphi and I have to be honest and say I might not bother to finish it. Not that it would take long - these are more like short stories than novels - but it's dreadfuly boring.

Kind of like the few Star Wars books I read. I picked the ones that seemed most popular and while they were OK, after I was done (these were a couple three book series) I kind of felt like I got nothing out of it.

At least the Indy books so far feels less like fan fiction than the SW stuff.