Any ToD fans out there?

Mrs_Fedora

Quickening said:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom has always been my favourite Indiana Jones film. I just love it. It has such a unique atmosphere that is just unmatched even to this day. I love the darkness of it all and Mola Ram is just an awesome villian.

However, I live in the UK and I was both blown away and annoyed when I watched the US cut of the film in which the heart-ripping scene, amongst others, has substantially more footage. I was even more annoyed when I discovered that the latest Indiana Jones on DvD release STILL gives the UK audience the cut version.

Damn, will I ever see the uncut TOD on Region 2 DvD?

I remember seeing TOD on Dutch tv first, uncut. And after a while i saw it on the BBC. I was like: WHAT
Same happened with LC when Indy shoots through 3 germans, that was cut too in the UK.
One good thing though: you guys don't have commercials throughout the whole film.(y)

MolaRam2

Temple of Doom is my all time favorite movie. Cinema doesn't get any better than the rope bridge scene.

YouNeverKnow

Another ToD fan. While I'll concede (like others on here) that Raiders is the best made/best movie by far, ToD is my favorite of the films just because. It's a thrill to watch every time. The comedy of the teaser gives way to just a very Hellish and horrific adventure that pits Indy against the Soul of Evil. The epic, iconic moments like Indy's total disgust at the slaver before he punches him clear across the room. The "WE. ARE GOING. TO DIE!" along with the end of that sequence with it starting again and barely making it out. John Williams' score is haunting. The connection between Indy and Short Round is so tangible as well, especially when they re-don each others' hats after saving Willie. This shows Indy continuing to be everybody's brazen hero in his commitment to doing the right thing, and is just a nonstop ride of a film.

And how can you beat the quintessential line one would say when surrounded by both sides on a rope bridge? "Ah, ****." (y)

Sam Falco

Temple of Doom is probably my favorite of the series. Why?

Ballsy, thats all I gotta say, the flick was ballsy.

It took a well-known hero and threw him straight into hell, even made him a kid-beating BAD GUY for a brief moment, then somehow managed to make him our hero again!

Where else can you get that!? (y)

Agent Crab

PaulV15590 said:
I love Temple of Doom and I think Short Round is the best part of the film. He's boss!

I tolorated Shortround. He brought alot of humour in the movie as is. I liked his ball cap also.

Quickening

Indy Starman said:
I tolorated Shortround. He brought alot of humour in the movie as is. I liked his ball cap also.

"Gimmie your hat."

"Why?"

"Because Im gonna puke in it".

Love the way he yanks the hat back (y)

To be honest little kids in films like this usually annoy the hell out of me but I do like Shortround.

Agent Crab

Quickening said:
"Gimmie your hat."

"Why?"

"Because Im gonna puke in it".

Love the way he yanks the hat back (y)

To be honest little kids in films like this usually annoy the hell out of me but I do like Shortround.

Heh, yeah. He was one of the few kids in a movie like this I can stand. He provided humour as is. I liked the ending part with him on the elephant.

LostArk

I see you have MSN, The_Raider. Add me (jdonado2007@hotmail.com) so we can decide when to start watching it. Anyone wanna join in?