Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead

Stoo

Thanks for the link, UltimateManGod.:hat: It's not that bad. The composition isn't as good as a piece by The StruzMan
but the rendering is well done and the black fits. Nice'n'spooky for an army of the dead.:dead:

DIrishB

I agree with QB, the title is too large, but I do like the art. Whats in the background to Indy's right? I can't really make it out (even zoomed)...

DIrishB

metalinvader said:
Zombies,If I think that's what you are talking about.

Yeah, after looking at it closer I made it out. It looked like there was something on the first one's face (I thought it was a weird breathing apparatus), but then realized it was just shading around the zombies eye and other facial features. I'm sure the cover itself will be much more clear.

walker

I think it looks pretty good. I suspect they made the title big just so people would be more apt to notice that it's a new adventure. There has been so much stuff coming out related to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (as well as reprints of the old books) that they may just be trying to make sure people realize it's something they haven't seen before. Steve Perry's a pretty good author, so hopefully this will be a better-than-average tale.

Johnny Jones

Airplane + zombies = aerial dogfights with the undead?
Nice artwork but where'd the product description go? I know there was one somewhere. This book is supposed to feature Mac, German and Japanese agents, etc. right?

EDIT: Whoops, that was the Star Wars website. Never mind.

davros72

I got one of those "Hey, this is gonna be delayed a while, you sure you wanna wait that long?" emails from Amazon... looks like Army of the Dead is due out September 29, 2009, now, according to their website. Oh, well.

Trennas

I find the cover.. well.. decent, not really special, but its okay.. the only thing that is bugging the living hell out of me is the completely misplaced white glow around the title.. really, just.. ugh! :sick:

too bad it got pushed back though.. i was actually looking forward to reading it on the venice beach next year :p

and while we're on the topic of zombies or zonbi; actually went to a vodou art and artifact exhibition a few weeks ago, put together by a woman who had started collecting vodou items while she lived in Haiti. Very interesting stuff they had there! Really weird too, and sometimes really creepy, but I think it's mostly a religion misunderstood by us. Still, its refreshing to catch a glimpse behind the true vodou, instead of the Hollywood kind we are so used to. Also, zonbi are actually only a very, very, very small part of vodou, and hardly even part of the religion itself.

I have a lot of pics from that exhibition and I'm trying to find the time to put them up soon :)

Dr.Sartorius

I'm really looking forward to this new novel. It's a shame it keeps getting pushed back.

First original Indy novel in 10 years...:eek:

Perhilion

Hey, Steve Perry! He did some pretty good Alien novels. Looking forward to this one (not sure how zombies will be handled in the Indy universe, though).:D
Btw, a black pearl? ET much?

The Tingler

It looks like Rob McGregor's novelisation of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings may arrive first amazingly, although that's not technically "original"...

Morning Bell

I'm definitely looking forward to the books, although I wish they didn't keep getting pushed back. It seems like everything Indy is being delayed these days.:(

foreignerfred

Any chance they're getting delayed to coincide with perhaps an official Indy announcement of some sort?

...I'd like to think maybe something like...INDY V is going into pre-production!

Indy's brother

steveperry said:
I tried to log on and post this about, oh, six weeks or so ago, but I guess everybody was on vacation ...

For a better look at the cover:

http://themanwhonevermissed.blogspot.com/2008/11/dah-dah-dot-dah-dah-dah-dah.html
Just thought I'd help:
Indy%2BCover%2BFlat.jpg

|ZiR|

foreignerfred said:
Any chance they're getting delayed to coincide with perhaps an official Indy announcement of some sort?

...I'd like to think maybe something like...INDY V is going into pre-production!

You and me both, man. But a little voice in the back of my head whispers we're trippin'.

You know, I don't mind the delay so much. I'd actually forgotten about the new novel and it gives me the chance to get caught up on the rest of the series. About to finish The Seven Veils today.