Pics/Vids of Original Snake Reflection?

The Golden Idol

Does anyone have pics or a video of the unaltered reflection of the cobra in the glass in the Well of Souls? I'd like to see how noticeable it was in the theatrical version of Raiders.

DazDaMan

I remember seeing it on a TV airing a few years ago (before the DVDs came out). It's not all that noticeable - it's really only if you're looking for it, and it's not on screen for very long at all!

Crack that whip

Though it's been removed from the actual movie in the DVD releases, the documentary included on the original set included the original version of that shot, along with Harrison himself mentioning it in his interview. You can therefore check it out in the documentary on the original DVD boxed set.

That said, with the subtle differences in the way movie images look in theaters versus at home, I don't know that it actually was as noticeable in the original theatrical release. Certainly I didn't notice it then myself, nor did any other moviegoers say anything about it at the time (at least within earshot of me). I (thankfully!) neither noticed it myself nor ever heard / saw it discussed by others until a while after the original video releases. After that, though, I found it hard not to notice it when watching the movie.

Anyone able to do screen captures of the documentary disc and post them here could post some still images, but it's a lot easier to notice when it's in motion - it's not nearly as evident in a still image from the scene.

thelaw

It's pretty rare that I notice something that small upon first viewing anyway. I'm usually to engrossed in the story to be paying much attention to tiny imperfections in the film. It's only once I've seen it quite a few times and the story is already imprinted on my brain before I can start picking up little mistakes.
If they're glaringly obvious, it's another story.

Benraianajones

I have it on a VHS tape, from when i recorded it off TV from 1997! It was on during the morning, so it is so horribly chopped and edited! (Marion doesn't even say "God damn partner!).

So yeah, the snake reflections on that too.