TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2016, 06:50 AM   #26
Indyfan82
IndyFan

Thanks for identifying where to find the "Raiders March" in this episode. I'll have to go back and watch it to look for it. I love all of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, but I agree that "Attack of the Hawkmen" is a particularly well done, exciting episode. (Especially as a fan of Peanuts comics and all of Snoopy's escapades fighting against the Red Baron- it's really fun to see an actual historical portrayal of him fighting against Indy!)
Indyfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #27
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylover SC
Two days ago Pablo Hidalgo said on Twitter that Ben Burtt worked on a new edit of Attack of the Hawkmen this year.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/sta...72725933109248
VERY COOL news, Skylover, though I doubt we'll get to see it anytime soon, if ever. Someone asked him about "the odds" but he hasn't answered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableTash
Looks like Hidalgo is on a YIJ roll the last few days on the Twitters.
It also looks like he's only now finding out about the longer Canadian broadcast versions. I discovered those differences c.20 years ago when transferring my VHS tapes to DVD and it makes me feel like starting a Twitter account just to talk to him. He needs some Young Indy education.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Recently watched this episode, and it secretly has a bit of the Raiders March in a scene!
Nice find, micheal. Good ear!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:58 AM   #28
Stoo
IndyFan

Lightbulb Ahlhorn Explosion!

Stumbling upon some information about the airship base at Ahlhorn reveals that it really did suffer a massive explosion during WW1 and was almost completely destroyed. I thought this was a fictional event in the show but, once again, it has basis in reality:

"On 5 January 1918 an accident happened: due to a fire a hydrogen-filled airship (LZ-87, Marine L47) exploded, reducing it and the surrounding area to rubble within 40 seconds. The blast was so enormous fragments fell as far as Wildeshausen, and the resulting pressure wave was said to have been felt in Bremen, 40 kilometers (about 25 miles) away. When it was all over the hydrogen plant and hangars III (Alrun) and IV (Alix) were fully destroyed, hangars I (Aladin) and II (Albrecht) were severely damaged, while hangars 5 and 6 had received minor damage. Altogether the Marine had lost airships L46, L47, L51, L58 and SL20 and suffered 15 killed, 30 severely wounded and 104 lightly wounded. In order to get operational again hangars 5 and 6 were rushed back into service, allowing operations to resume in April. The event appeared to be an accident, but sabotage was never fully dismissed."

http://www.forgottenairfields.com/ge...horn-s355.html

Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote