The thing you and ONLY you think you noticed

Indy's brother

I didn't notice it, but I read it in the archives:

SpoilerRick said:
when the Monkey Man is checking outside Imam's door he turns and looks over his right shoulder favoring his bad eye... in other words, even if there was someone about to sneak up on him, he still wouldn't have seen him.

Matt deMille

I didn't read all previous entries, so I apologize if this was brought up before.

I recently saw the first three Indy movies on the big screen again (I live in Hollywood and they play them often around here). In Temple Of Doom, when Shorty is riding up the water-system (before lays the smackdown on the voodoo-doll stabbing psycho kid), I could see, quite clearly, in the blackness between the rocks, a big stage/warehouse window. I couldn't believe my eyes! It was as though nobody hung a backdrop or anything. They just shot right off the set and into the back of the stage. In daylight!

I saw Doom again not long thereafter (like I said, they play 'em a lot) and this time I was looking for it. Sure enough, there it was, a big warehouse window! I checked the DVD and it's not there. Not sure if that is due to transfer or Lucas subtly having his digital artists remove it. Maybe a film print is brighter, I dunno.

Exulted Unicron

I noticed that Indy lost his hat at the start of Raiders. So he must have had another hat lying around at home for when he went to Nepal

Ironclaw

When was that? His had got drenched in the river and it was flopping around in the plane, but I didn't see him lose it at all.

Exulted Unicron

you'll see it when Indy jumps when he finds Reggie. You;ll notice he doesn;t have his hat on when he turns to Jock and yells "THERE'S A BIG SNAKE IN THE PLANE JOCK!!"

Either Jock caught it, or it was lost over the Peruvian jungle somewhere

Ironclaw

Ok, I had to put in my DVD just to check. Look very very closely RIGHT before Indy says "there's a big snake in the plane, Jock!" Between 12:26 and 12:27, Indy rips off his hat with his left hand and crumples it into his fist at his side (holding onto the rim of the cockpit).

He does it so fast that it's hard to pickup on, but it's there,

DoomTown

For some reason, I always notice that in "Last Crusade", Indy uses some of his champagne to clean some dirt out of the lettering on the Grail Tablet at Donovans. Makes me think the champagne was a little "cheap"...:D

Exulted Unicron

Ironclaw said:
Ok, I had to put in my DVD just to check. Look very very closely RIGHT before Indy says "there's a big snake in the plane, Jock!" Between 12:26 and 12:27, Indy rips off his hat with his left hand and crumples it into his fist at his side (holding onto the rim of the cockpit).

He does it so fast that it's hard to pickup on, but it's there,

Ahh right, when I watched it last, it looked as if his hat flew off his head when he jumped at the sight of Reggie.

shazamtd

This is the number one thread I had to post on after joining the Raven.

I'm AMAZED no one has added this:

In ROTLA when Indy and Marion are being chased through the marketplace watch when Marion grabs a skillet to defend herself against the man with the knife. In the shot of Marion the tip of the knife is pointing up. In the shot of the man the tip is pointing down. The next shot of Marion the tip is pointing up again.

This tickles me everytime I see it. :whip:

Sharkey

One thing I never hear anyone mention is about anachronisms. Not the anachronisms themselves, but how everyone yaps about them when they would never have recognized them without an internet connection.

Like bazookas in 1936, mine carts under Pancot, Young Indy's hair and twin cams. Stupid arguments about the length of Indy's pole...

indyswk

In Last Crusade, the "X" in the Venice 'library' goes from really faded to really obvious and back to really faded again.

indyswk

indyswk said:
In Last Crusade, the "X" in the Venice 'library' goes from really faded to really obvious and back to really faded again.

Oops. Just read backwards and found out someone else noticed this too.

Oh here's another: when Henry Sr. shot up the plane's tail, the tail exploded in pieces but the shots of the plane in flight show a pretty much complete tail (with just what seem like 2 engineered holes in it) .

shazamtd

indyswk said:
Oh here's another: when Henry Sr. shot up the plane's tail, the tail exploded in pieces but the shots of the plane in flight show a pretty much complete tail (with just what seem like 2 engineered holes in it) .

I forgot about that one. :p

Editing/sound discrepancy in Raiders classroom

The thing I noticed at the beginning of Raiders, when Indy says this:

"Neo meaning new and lithic (I-T-H-I-C), meaning stone. All right, let's get back to this site, Turkpean barrow near Hazelton. Contains a central passage and three chambers or cysts"

The shot changes when he says "passage". With the camera still on Indy and the blackboard, he starts to say "passage", but we only hear "pass-". When the shot changes and we see the students, Indy again starts to say "passage" So you can actually hear him say: "Contains a central pass, passage and three chambers".

indyswk

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this before but at the end of Raiders, after the 'Top Men' scene, Marion running down to catch up with Indy, Indy stops and looks back up, Marion overshoots, runs back up, but Indy continues going down the stairs again, causing Marion turn back and run down again to him.

Anyone else found this funny?

XanaduEli

What I noticed was that when Irina was unsuccessfully reading Indy's mind she lowers her hand after slapping him. But when it cuts to her face, she is lowering her hand again.

No one else seemed to have noticed it because it wasn't on movie mistakes until I added it myself. :whip:

harvey

UKIndyFan said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZfVYqdkbM

At about the 3:20 mark, when Indy is telling Mola Ram to meet Kali in hell, is it just me or is he distracted by something off camera? Its not that clear in this video but he glances to his right for just a second between dialougue

Great thread, this. And I just noticed this for the first time the other day while watching the scene.

Indy"Ale" Jones said:
In Raiders, in the bar, right after Belloq tells Indy to sit down before he falls down, Indy gives some kind of spastic type motion to him that I have always thought really funny, and never really noticed it until my wife pointed it out.

Classic! Never noticed that before. What a goofy little mocking gesture. Almost as funny as, "Ya EAT 'em!"

Stoo said:
This is probably hands-down the BEST one:

"Who the HECK is this guy?"
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10247&highlight=heck

Anyway, this mystery man is not alone because I noticed another one. There's two!

Has anyone ever realised that when Indy gallops through the crowd of diggers to catch the desert convoy,
the shot is reversed, mirror-fashion? Indy's bag is on the wrong side and the proper shot is in the trailer.:eek:

Absolutely the best.

Okay, my two cents:

Raiders -

8:44 - Why does the area Ford is hanging on to bounce around?

8:48 - When he kicks the rock out of the wall, what IS the side of that pit made of...burlap???

Last edited by a moderator:
Akhenaten

In RotLA....When Indiana pushed out one of those stones....The stones next to the hole has a Hieroglyphic of Akhenaten worshiping the Sun god ..Aten!....and the stone he pushed out bounced a little bite.

Col. Detritch

I love movie goofs. I've noticed a few things myself and always think I'm the only one to notice them until I get online. I guess I'm a little self-centred that way.:p

Anyway just a few thing like:
• Why is the swordsman on the Raiders cover? He doesn't even have any lines while Sallah isn't on it.:rolleyes:
• Indy’s forced laugh in Raiders after Marcus reveals the good news about going after the ark, classic.
• The look on Indy’s face after he says “we are going to die!” in ToD, its not a goof but is funny.
• Dietrich throwing the melon after the truck chase. It seems like he needs to see a psychiatrist to help him deal with his stress.

• In the dry sand pit in KotCS the snake doesn’t hiss or move for Marion but it does for Indy... just a thought! And then after having the weight of both Marion and Indy pull along it the snak is still rellativly alive when Mutt throws it away.
• In ToD Indy nearly goes under the rock crusher several times.
• And this last one isn't a goof but every time I watch KotCS I hear Dovchenko saying “hey, tight ass!” while grabbing at Marion at the beginning of the jungle chase before grabbing the wheel. I know it means something in Russian but my warped mind hears Dovchenko complementing Marion's ass! Does anyone else hear this? And if not what does he actuall say in Russian?:hat: