Is it better than temple of doom?

MolaRam2

IH8Snakes said:
It's definitely better than ToD. Last I remember when ToD came out back then, majority hated it too.

That was before the days of the internet being common. It was hard to get a wide variety of opinions back in 1984. Plus, ToD is simply a far better crafted and directed film than KOTCS.

adventure_al

once again too much to wade through every single post but:

in my opinion, the indy films in order of greatness:

1- Last Crusade
2- Raiders
3- KOTCS
4- TOD

God'sRadio

ToD has better music, better action, better dialogue, better sidekick, better climax, better McGuffin, weaker damsel, villain about the same

Rhys135

The only things about TOD I dislike are the jungle scene's and the precense of a cult, and as KOTCS spends a lot of time in the jungle and has a weaker and underused cult, it does rank lower.

S

Satipo

A really like TOD, but KOTCS is better in every aspect. Just the first 2 minutes of Crystal Skull beats the whole Temple of Doom. The good thing is that now, with 4 movies everybody can mix their Indy trilogy. Mine would look like this: ROTLA,TLC and KOTCS. :whip:

indusbelethil

I'm not sure where I sit on this... it's almost a toss-up, although ToD is probably in the lead. I saw KotCS twice on opening day; the first time through I didn't know what to think.

What I came out of it with (especially the second time) was that yeah, the CGI is a little weird at times, but I think it's just another one of those quirks that'll blend with the oddities of the other films, once the newness has worn off. The crystal skull thing was cool, but I think it could have been developed better. It seemed a little easy, comparatively. (But maybe that's because Mutt was a big help?) I think the jungle and the beginning were some of the best fight sequences in the series, though. Tied with (if not exceeding) LC's tank fight.

It's got a lot of things going for it, but perhaps not enough.

Shortie

I haven't seen this yet, but I have a feeling it'll be like TOD. At first everyone's mixed & upset it's not better than the one before it. Then after a year or two people start to love it.

Shortie said:
I haven't seen this yet, but I have a feeling it'll be like TOD. At first everyone's mixed & upset it's not better than the one before it. Then after a year or two people start to love it.

Yep, I agree. I think fans will accept it over time after the shock is gone.

Mr.Skidmarks said:
Yep, I agree. I think fans will accept it over time after the shock is gone.

I've never accepted Batman & Robin or Highlander 2, why should we? Rationalizing does not make it a better movie.

FordFan

Temple of Doom may be the weakest film in terms of plot, but everyone on this board has seen it a thousand times like I have. It is more highly regarded than people give it credit for. Saying that KOTCS is better than TOD is more of a declarative statement than people think, and for me, KOTCS being the weakest of the four is not an insult at all to the series.

Shortie

Agent Spalko said:
I've never accepted Batman & Robin or Highlander 2, why should we? Rationalizing does not make it a better movie.
Because those were utter crap. By the sounds of things, KOCS isn't.