Hasbro 3 3/4" Indy Figures...Hmmm...

ChromiumBlue37

Nobody here knows a thing about any Temple of Doom action figures. Only Hasbro knows ad they are not telling. Lord knows the demand for merchandise and toys from that movie would skyrocket! We will be lucky to find out at Toyfare in February.

Be patient, just a few more weeks.

Katarn07

I fear ToD to be the TPM of Hasbro's line. Hasbro seldom does new figures from TPM because of its unpopularity. Mostly it's just recarded figures or repaints. I truly hope to at least get the following:

Indy (battle ravaged)
Indy (Club Obi-Wan)
Shorty
Mola Ram
Lao Che
Willie (from the end of the movie)
Willie (Club Obi-Wan)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Giant Thuggee, Captain Blumbard, the Prime Minister, etc. But I'd rather get the above first.

JimmyPSHayes

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Nobody here knows a thing about any Temple of Doom action figures. Only Hasbro knows ad they are not telling. Lord knows the demand for merchandise and toys from that movie would skyrocket! We will be lucky to find out at Toyfare in February.

Be patient, just a few more weeks.
Agreed. This is a non-movie year for Star Wars(if you don't count the rumor of the Clone Wars series getting it's start in theaters), so I'm sure Hasbro will give us PLENTY of stuff to buy.

WillKill4Food

Personally, I don't think we will get two Willie figures. We'll be lucky to get one. I think that most likely we'll get the following for TOD:
Indy (torn sleeves, bare chest)
Short Round
Mola Ram
Giant Thuggee
Willie Scott (possibly)
We'll be lucky to get a Lao Che, as much as I really want one. I'd love to have a Blumbert, but I don't think there's much chance of one getting made.:mad:
A Club Obi-Wan Indy is hardly a possibility. And I don't think there's a chance of us getting a Prime Minister.
But if anyone from Hasbro is reading, PLEEEEASE give us a Blumbert and a Lao Che!:D

ChromiumBlue37

Everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

Hasbro stated that they intend for the Indiana Jones line to run for several years. There are a lot of action figure possibilities among all of the characters.
Think about it - there are only 4 movies and just the right amount of characters with play value.

WillKill4Food

If they release Lao Che, Willie, or Club Obi-Wan Indy, it might be for play value.
But how many kids are going to play with Chatter Lal?:confused:
If they release him, it's gonna be for collectors.:D

ChromiumBlue37

Exactly. That is what Hasbro does. It knows what keeps continuous interest in the line - a mix of extensive and versatile characters to keep both kid and collectors drawn.

If anyone is familiar with the Star Wars line, they know that we get background aliens, "boring old men" politicians and officers, pilots, heros, bad guys as well as comic book and video game characters.

Hasbro also likes to include scene specific versions of central characters. Who would these people be? Let's see -

Indiana Jones
Marion Ravenwood
Sallah
Belloq
Willie Scott, (changes outfits)
Short Round, (yeah I can see 2 versions)
Mola Ram, (same as above)
Henry Jones, Sr.
Elsa
Marcus Brody
Mutt
Agent Spalko

Barranca, Sapito, Jock, Toht, Gobler, Lao Che, Captain Blumburt, Kazim -
These type of characters I am almost positive will make it as figures, but only need one version.

WillKill4Food

Personally, I really want a Toht and a Kazim. :D
It would be really awesome if we got a Marcus Brody, a Sherpa from ROTLA, the village priest from TOD, the Bantu Wind captain, the German mechanic, and maybe even a, dare I say it?, Adolf Hitler. :eek:

ChromiumBlue37

WillKill4Food said:
The German soldier in wave 1 I could do without. I can find one anywhere.

Great ideas! I forgot about the Shaman, German Mechanic and Katanga.

Are German soldiers in the 3 3/4 inch format available somewhere else? This line would be incomplete without German Soldiers. Hopefully Hasbro will do different head variations.

WillKill4Food

The Ultimate Soldier by Lanard is a very detailed figure collection that include several weapons and interchangeable heads for some figures. You can find them by the dozen at Walmart.
They're usually D-Day themed with American and German figures. They don't have Nazi armbands, though. But the Hasbro figures probably won't either.

WillKill4Food

What would really make my day are Hovitos, a Fedora man, a Panama Hat man, a HalfBreed, and a Map Room Indy.

Last edited:

WillKill4Food

I think they look good.(y)
Never actually bought any, just admired them on the shelves. :rolleyes:
I'll probably get a few to go along with the Hasbro Nazi when they finally come out.:gun:
I can't wait!:eek:

Billy Ray

Also mentioned are Deluxe Indy w/Ark and a Marion/Henchman 2-pack

And a "talking Indy" is mentioned as well! For 19 pounds, this must be in the 12" line I assume.

Can't wait for Toy Fair! :D

Last edited:

inky_skin

Well guys, Hasbro answered some of your questions for us over at ThePrivateUniverse.co.uk - apologies for the delay, but I've been scouting Indy product over at the UK Toy Fair (more on that after the Q&A)...

2. With both GI Joe and Star Wars, Hasbro has proved that the comic 2-pack format is incredibly popular with fans. When the new Indiana Jones line hits, can we expect it to utilise this format for Marvel / Dark Horse Indy comics? It'd be a great way of introducing otherwise obscure characters into the mix (remember, Brody and Katanga featured in the comics as well as the movies).

Thanks for the kudos on the comic packs. Given our strong ties to Dark Horse, it is something we are looking at but do not have a confirmed date on if/when we will be doing them. Stay tuned.

3. There have been rumours circulating of a playset in the forthcoming Indy line. While we appreciate that it's difficult for you to comment this close to Toy Fair, can you confirm or deny the rumour - and give us an idea of what to expect (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull temple, Raiders temple / Well of the Souls etc)? Also, does this set a precedent for the future inclusion of playsets in the Star Wars line - something that?s been often discounted?

You'll have to stay tuned for Toy Fair to see if there is any news on the playset front for IJ. Regardless of whether we do one for IJ or not, our stance on Star Wars playsets has not changed.

:)

So - I guess you're all wondering what went down at Toy Fair in London ? Well - I can tell you this much - we weren't allowed to photograph ANYTHING. But I can relate the following to you in the most general of terms...

LEGO

- There are no plans to continue the line beyond what's already been seen...
- There will be no ToD sets - Lego considers the themes to be 'to dark' for childrens toys, and the lack of vehicles in the movie means it's also a non-starter for the company
- There is a hidden waterfall in one of the new sets ;)

HASBRO

For fear of being lynched by the Big H, I really can't give specifics here - but all will be revealed at NYC...

3-3/4" Figures

- There is a reason that the figures have peg-holes in their feet, but it's not an environment we've seen before...
- This line has definate army builder variants, and they'll be coming in pairs
- Fans of the classic line will see a familiar Indy variant, who'll be packed with an item integral to the Raiders storyline
- 2-packs
- If you're gonna have a convoy, you need more than one vehicle
- As with Lego, one movie seems strangely absent from the line, but TLC is present
- I saw a single KoTCS figure, and it was topless

Adventure Heroes

- Nothing we haven't already seen, but these guys are cute...

Other

- If you dig the Star Wars Mighty Muggs, prepare to spend more cash...
- Role play is in
- If a Magic 8 Ball was made of Crystal...
- Titanium is a great material for toys...

Sorry to be so cryptic, but I hope this list gives you guys something to think about. All I can say is that what is coming is AWESOME :hat: