What is the one factor that most DETRACTS from the success of this film?

What is the one factor that most detracts from the success of this film?

• Total voters

Grailseeker

After viewing the movie, once, twice or more than three times, what do you think was the deciding factor of why it lost its Indy-touch?

Hawkeye

Grailseeker said:
After viewing the movie, once, twice or more than three times, what do you think was the deciding factor of why it lost its Indy-touch?

Who said it did?

Grailseeker

I'm playing off on the average opinion on these threads.

Most people on here have a sense that this film lost it's Indy feeling/touch

I find it really interesting and also helpful to narrow the options down for all of us to discuss on and expand from there, without some kind of sifting question, we're all just going to keep throwing in random thoughts.

We want to fix this dilemna! lol

gonzosports

Hawkeye said:
Who said it did?

A fair number.

It was the awkward, sloppy script - a poorly handled MacGuffin, characters that made no sense, relationships that were flat...

...I voted storyline, I had no problem with the era and I didn't think the CGI was that bad - in the end, though, it's just one giant mess.

Bowie Fett

I'll quote myself:

Very good! 8/9 out of 10. I wanted to see an Indiana Jones adventure and I was pleased. I knew that if I expected to feel like a 7 year-old watching ROTLA for the first time...watching TOD at the age of 9...or watching TLC at age 14, I would be disappointed (which I believe happened to other viewers). Fun film!

:whip:

rogelio

MARION!!

I don't know who said she looked incredible, but not for me, she looked just plain old, and out of place, over reacting and acting foolish and trying way too hard to be that rebellious gal she used to be. For me the sole idea since the beginning to have her in the movie predicted a catastrophic event.

Papa Jones

What downfall?

Come on, guys, I'm ok with everyone's opinion and I respect it, but opening a damn thread for all those selfish thoughts. Even if you disliked/hated it, there are still some peepz (a majority, guess) who actually liked/loved KOCTS.

Your poll is incomplete, dude. Where are the options for those who enjoyed the movie and thought it was Indy-esque?

Wittmann

Lucas/Koepps stupid script

Indy 4´s rating is already falling like a rock on IMDB, bad word of mouth I guess is spreading like a wildfire.

I predict the final rating below TOD ... where it belongs.

I blame the script. They should have used Darabonts version.

Grailseeker

Look below this poll for the positive one.

This thread is not a indy 4-hater post AT ALL.

I wanted to just hone in on what we all felt needed to be fixed to make the movie BETTER (keyword). It's fun to discuss it, because then instead of saying randomly and rather imaturely, OMG I hated it, it blew...you can maturely say, "hey I enjoyed the film, but these are the reasons I disagreed with its style, background, etc."

I have no doubt that eventually we'll all (95%) accept this as an Indy movie in a year or so (or more)

GO INDY!

Papa Jones

Wittmann said:
Lucas/Koepps stupid script

Indy 4´s rating is already falling like a rock on IMDB, bad word of mouth I guess is spreading like a wildfire.

I predict the final rating below TOD ... where it belongs.

I blame the script. They should have used Darabonts version.

Woohoo!!! IMBD for the frekkin' win!!! :whip:

I blame those guys who're flaming the movie from the very first hour on just to drag attention on 'em.
;)

I'm ok with those who thinks the movie is bad or whatever, but don't dedicate your life to posting the same repeating bollocks in every damn thread, thanks (y)

Chris Jones

It is a lot better the second time through. I was not disappointed with the first viewing, though i was more critical of it. Only thing i hated was the monkey scene. The rest of the movie is great.

It could have been a lot better true, but it was great the way it was also. The 19 year wait probably was a downside to it, because everyone expected something different and exciting for them.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Folks...there's a thread in which to say what made it succeed most and a thread in which to say what made it fail most. One person could even vote in both polls and contribute to both threads without contradicting themselves. I likely will. It's a surgical method - we don't need to praise or condemn the thing all at once.

jamiestarr

The downfall of this film?

Nerdy fanboys and their uber expectations.

Seriously, if you are enough of an Indy fan to post on this site, but can not somehow cannot find joy in this newest flick, you gotta wonder what's going on. a little bit. Not everyone is going to like/love the same thing, but when the film is receiving a better reception than Temple of Doom initially did--and you don't like it--realize that it's mostly you as the deciding factor--not the film.

It didn't work for you. Fine. It's workin' great for others. Is that okay with you are do we have to validate your opinion on this thread?

gonzosports

This thread is for what's wrong in the movie, let's not start a flame war on haters vs. lovers.

History will validate one side. I say that, except that I think Last Crusade sucks.