Favorite Video Games

Deckard

The_Raiders said:
I was learnin how to make models but it's really hard. I didn't get very far. I use a program called GMAX when i was learning,it's very very hard. And I have a book on 3D modeling.

Its extremely time consuming, not just learning but the actual process.

indy34

1. Half Life 2(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
2. Destroy all Humans 1&2
3. Indiana Jones Emperors Tomb
4. Conker live and reloaded (only multi-player the actual game isn't that good)
5. Heroes of the Pacific

indifan101

1. Medal of Honor Frontline
2. NHL 2008
3. Call of Duty 3
4. Medal of Honor Rising Sun
5. Medal of Honor European Assault
6. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
7. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
8. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
9. Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2
10. Call of Duty 2 Big Red One

No Ticket

Good God. Favorite video games of all time? There's waaaaaaaay too many for me to list. But here's five that always come to mind.

1.) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (And pretty much every other Zelda game ever)
2.) Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark
3.) Halo
4.) Grand Theft Auto III
5.) Super Mario World (and pretty much every other Mario game... well, platformer at least... like SM64 and Galaxy)

PC games... man... I dunno, like uhh. StarCraft, Diablo II, those old LucasArts games... man just too many to think about.

Rubicon

1) Resident Evil 4
2) Devil May Cry 3
3) Uncharted Drake's Fortune
4) Capcom vs SNK 2
5) Dead or Alive 4

I could go on and on but I'll stop with 5

JD2008

In Order:

1 - Legend of Zelda III: A link to to the past (SNES)
2 - Super Mario Series (NES/SNES)
3 - Final Fantasy 2 (SNES)
4 - Final Fantasy (NES)
5 - Mike Tyson's Punch Out (NES)
6 - Zelda I (NES)
7 - Out of this World (SNES/PC/....?)
8 - Street Fighter II (SNES)
9 - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC)
10 - Flight Simulator X (PC)

Just to note, this is based on how good I felt a game was for it's time. It doesn't mean, for example, that ZELDA III is my favorite game today. "All time favourite" is always a bit vague.

You can see a lot of adventure RPG's. I've always loved this genre. In fact, I'm looking to program (w/OpenGL) a RPG, but I haven't been able to come up with a good game script for about 6 months. Here is some work from an old script..........................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC58hU3udLs

Last edited:

Thorpe

I like many video games. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas being my favourite. I have grown to love ones like BioShock and Call of Duty 4 more recently. The Tomb Raider: Anniversary title released last year I thought was great and compared to the previous title, it was so much better in many ways. I also spend a great deal of time on the RollerCoaster Tycoon games. They're so addicting.

Tennessee Smith

1. Castlevania (NES)
2. Indiana Jones (Pinball)
3. Donkey Kong (arcade)
4. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (PS3)
5. Mike Tyson's Punch-out (NES)

adventure_al

Tennessee Smith said:
1. Castlevania (NES)
2. Indiana Jones (Pinball)
3. Donkey Kong (arcade)
4. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (PS3)
5. Mike Tyson's Punch-out (NES)

it's interesting to see just how many times uncharted has popped up on this thread. i know its only a recent game but i genuinely feel it will be one of my favourite games for years to come. it was the first game, since i first played streets of rage, that i just sat back and went WOW!

Katarn07

This'll be hard to do. I hope I don't leave any out.

PC:
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II: The Shadows of Amn
No One Lives Forever
Need for Speed 4: High Stakes
The Sims 2 (guilty pleasure :eek:)

SNES:
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2

XBOX:
LEGO Star Wars 1 & 2
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Gladius

X360:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Mass Effect

DS:
Mario Kart DS
Super Mario 64
New Super Mario Bros.

The bolded ones are the ones I still find myself playing often today. The others are just so darned good and I have fond memories of them, but I haven't played them in the past couple years (or in the X360 games' case, since I first beat them).

Finn

Staff member
I play when I can, especially adventure games (yes, they still make them), but luckily there's not just one genre I find time passable with. What truly strikes me in a game is its storytelling. Be that superb enough and all its remaining qualities fall somewhere into the background. Or at least I'm willing to forgive a lot of issues.

Top lists, why did it have to be top lists...

1. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
The obvious no. 1 for me. Still the only truly succesful attempt to bring the man in the hat into a medium outside the silver screen.

2. Deus Ex
Replaybility value... somewhere in the clouds. How come they still haven't managed to make a game like this up to this day where your decisions really matter?

3. Fallout 2
Again, story and replayability. Worth revisiting over and over again.

4. Broken Sword: the Shadow of the Templars
George is one of the most sympathetic video game characters up to date. The rest of the games in this series are not as good as the first, but truly enjoyable as well, mostly thanks to their excellent protagonist. A virtual fella who truly makes you feel you've run into an old friend every time you see him.

5. Mafia
Shadowed bit by GTA III and unworthily compared to it, since it was never meant to be a free-roamer in the first place, but simply an interactive storytelling device. It's like a movie. Except, you get a good enough game in the same package.

Few series earn honorable mentions:
Half-Life and its sequels. Very immersive FPS experience.
Max Payne. Both parts are pretty escapist fun. Full of clichés and they do get a bit repetitive after a while, but still, fun.
Monkey Island series. Guess they are a must to mention for any adventure game buff.
Hitman from part 2 onwards, Splinter Cell up to part 3, Thief series. Stealth is fun! Be it the social kind or more traditional stick-to-the-shadows.
Knights of the Old Republic. Pretty immersive for a Star Wars game. And yet again, has some replayability. Despite the fact I seem to have difficulties going other route than LS...

And oh yeah, there's no better control scheme than mouse & keyboard, no matter the game. Pads, nunchakas and whatever there are... they're for sissies.

Raiders90

Video Games

Who else here loves video games? Especially classic ones. Any particular favorites here? Any childhood loves?
My favorite when I was a kid were Sonic the Hedgehog, World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., Crystal's Pony Tale, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, King's Quest, and Space Quest. The 90s were truly the best, most nostalgia inducing era of video gaming.

The Drifter

I have many, many fond memories of video games!
All the old Mario games, Sonic, Street Fighter II, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, GoldenEye 64, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64!

Man I could go on and on.
I am now playing Rachet and Clank: Tools of Destruction on PS3. Great game.
I am looking to pick up Haze tomorrow also!

|ZiR|

I missed the golden era of gaming. My earliest (and best) video game memories are of awesome Playstation games like Medieval, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Resident Evil 2. I played the hell out of those games.

This was before I was really aware of the internet, too, am I was so proud of myself for figuring out obvious things on my own. Like the cheap way to kill the giant sewer alligator in RE2. (Think Jaws.)

Good times, good times.

edit: Oh, and then there are all the PC games my brother and I played. Classics like Doom, Wolfenstein, HeXen, some ninja Doom clone the title of which I escapes me.

He had soooo many Doom mods. Like, I'm talking countless floppies. It was insane. My favorites were Alien Doom, and Dragon Ball Z Doom. :D

Oh, oh, OH! And there was this one fantastic game. Goosebumps: Escape From Horror Land.

It was so much fun! It was one of those games that used real actors for the characters, which probably looks dated today but back then it fukken rocked. And it had Jeff Goldblum as Dracula!

Last edited:

The_Raiders

I love all the Jedi Knight games, those are great. I used to do ALOT of video gaming, but then I met a certain somebody and I spend all my time talking to her insted of video games. ;)