2nd Trailer - initial impressions

The Man

Blue Jay said:
i have seen the unaltered version at the movie theatre here in germany :)

but i dont really care about that :) it is a shame though that the altered it.

Why do they even bother placing that shot in the U.S. trailer when it only serves to bring negative attention to it?

Dr Jones

Well I just loved seeing more Indy!!

I thought at first there was a bit too much CGI, but looking again it's nothing too damaging, simply replacing matte effects and blue screens from the films of the 80's!

:D

I love the sets too, they look really eerie and full of life, and Harrison sounds and look totally on form, as usual!

Great lines of dialogue, great action and character work, it looks better and better!

(y)

jasperjones

I thought that too but then it doesn't sound like Williams as the Fedora silhouette takes place.

As for the commie guards, that could explain how he escapes. The magnetic power of the skull pulls their weaponry away giving Indy the distraction he needs.

They also seemed to be lined up like a firing squad - the official synopsis says that Indy is forced to help due to a friend's life being threatened so Maybe they're about to off Mac...

I wonder if it'll be a fake out when they head into the warehouse. We think they're looking for the Ark. What they actually want is the Skull.

Also, does anyone else think there may be more than 1 skull? If they get one from the hangar then what are Indy and Mutt digging for in the cemetery? There's a shot of Indy with the Skull so maybe they both have one and it's a race to see who can get their's back to Akator first (we know there are 13 in total). Maybe not hough, just throwing ideas out there...

stunrun

Gotta love HD ;)
These two shots in particular are vintage Indiana Jones!

mapscene.jpg

junglechase.jpg

nitzsche

If that's a skull in the warehouse, then this is going to be the first Indy movie where the opening teaser is fully connected to the rest of the film. It's almost not even a teaser.

MovieLover152

nitzsche said:
If that's a skull in the warehouse, then this is going to be the first Indy movie where the opening teaser is fully connected to the rest of the film. It's almost not even a teaser.
Yea, The Official Site says that the film starts out at Hangar 51, where Mac and Indy Have barely escaped the Evil Soviets at the height of the cold war. ACTUALLY- It says It starts out in a southwest desert- But we know thats Hangar 51!

The Man

nitzsche said:

That would be unprecedented. The overall vibe thus far suggests that the skull only comes to Indy's attention with the arrival of Mutt. As for Hangar 51, my heart says the Ark, but my mind..?

Bjorn Heimdall

The 720p trailer freezes on my Comp after the "You will help us find it"-bit.(n)

edit: I can see now that the download failed for some reason, it only downloaded the first half. I'll try again.

The Man

Bjorn Heimdall said:
The 720p trailer freezes on my Comp after the "You will help us find it"-bit.(n)

edit: I can see now that the download failed for some reason, it only downloaded the first half. I'll try again.

My Paramount link won't load at all yet. There must be heavy global traffic afoot.

British Raider

MovieLover152 said:
Yea, The Official Site says that the film starts out at Hangar 51, where Mac and Indy Have barely escaped the Evil Soviets at the height of the cold war. ACTUALLY- It says It starts out in a southwest desert- But we know thats Hangar 51!

Does this mean the story starts about the Skull? If that is true then it goes against what Speilberg said in Empire Indy special that the film opens up with like a third act like the previous films. :confused:

nitzsche

There's got to be a third, unrelated McGuffin with nothing to do with either the skull or the Ark that the Russians are after in the warehouse and that Indy escapes with.

It might even be something we never actually get to see, but is only implied.

jasperjones

I guess if it is about the skull then you could argue that after the 3rd act finale of the opening we go straight into the sequel.

Or it's not about the skull...

Or there are 2 skulls...

Indy Smith

arggh! Why post the trailer today! Temptation laid before me. Gonna save myself though for Iron Man tonight. My mate saw Iron Man and got the trailer for Indy 4 with it.

The Man

jasperjones said:
I guess if it is about the skull then you could argue that after the 3rd act finale of the opening we go straight into the sequel.

Or it's not about the skull...

Or there are 2 skulls...

Whatever's in that case has magnetic qualities, so it could be a Roswell artifact of the same material as the skull. Yes, I'm stumped...(y)

Also, is the explosion shot in the warehouse slightly different than the one used in the Valentines teaser? The Russkie soldiers seem to move differently in the impact.

G-Man

Mutt Williams said:
The red line seems to be coming from somewhere north east, not America.
At a push it looks like it's coming from Connecticut, depends on the map projection though...