Votes: 13 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shortie

Who here wants a DH5? I do, the 4th was pretty good. I think they should end the series with a 5th movie.

Maybe if it's an New York again have Sam Jackson come back.

Michael24

Die Hard is one of my favorite series, and Live Free or Die Hard was just all kinds of awesomeness. I'd love a fifth one! (y)

I wouldn't mind as long as they had a decent villain. Rickman, Nero and Irons were all very strong. Just don't use a Hans Gruber's vengeful sister in law ploy. The first is still the best.

Iandiana

Very much a maybe. I love 1 and 3, Die harder was passable and fun but Live Free... was (theatrically) a nightmare for me. I have never been that disappointed in a film. And I saw Police Academy 3,4,5 AND 6 in cinemas.

Unrated however all is well again. I'm just angered that I couldn't have that experience on the big screen and had to watch it at home. So having to pay for a movie experience I couldn't stand and then having to buy the film later with reduced impact...

Strong case for illegal downloading?

|ZiR|

Travis85 said:
Yes, and they need to bring back the cop from the first movie :).

Carl Winslow?

carl-771525.jpg

Michael24

herr gruber said:
Just don't use a Hans Gruber's vengeful sister in law ploy.

LMAO!! I'd actually like to see them use the script that was considered for Die Hard 4 at one point, where McClane and some friends on vacation find themselves being hunted in the jungles of South America by some brutal crime lords, weaponless and forced to rely on their wits and the jungle around them in order to survive.

Iandiana said:
Unrated however all is well again. I'm just angered that I couldn't have that experience on the big screen and had to watch it at home. So having to pay for a movie experience I couldn't stand and then having to buy the film later with reduced impact...

I actually found the Unrated version to be much ado about nothing. Just some extra shots here and there (which were okay but ultimately no big deal), and some F-bombs that seemed added just to appease the people who complained about the PG-13 rating as if it was the end of the world. Which I thought did nothing to affect the impact of the film's Die Hardness. I actually thought Live Free or Die Hard was the best, sold action flick I'd seen in theaters since Die Hard With A Vengeance.

deckard24

herr gruber said:
I wouldn't mind as long as they had a decent villain. Rickman, Nero and Irons were all very strong. Just don't use a Hans Gruber's vengeful sister in law ploy. The first is still the best.
They could use Herr Gruber, the mysterious long, long, lost brother of Hans and Simon!;)

Seriously though, only if John Mctiernan directs and it has a hard R rating!

U.S.Raider

I suppose i'd see another one if it came out, but some times you just gotta let things rest.
=/
DH w/ a vengance will always be my favorite though..

Kooshmeister

In my opinion, Live Free or Die Hard wasn't needed. I thought Die Hard With a Vengeance provided all the closure the series needed. Having said that, LFoDH wound up being quite a good movie and pleasantly surprised me, so Kudos to Willis and company.

And, having said that, LFoDH should be the last one. Unless they came up with something really good, a fifth Die Hard is out of the question as far as I'm concerned. Like, maybe if they brought back Al Powell or something or some of Willis' cop buddies from Vengeance. Inspector Walter Cobb for Die Hard 4!

ILoooooveCamels

|ZiR| said:
Only if Justin Long's character takes over.

He's making fun of you, George Walton Lucas, Jr.

(Just in case he's reading the boards; we wouldn't want him to feel validated. Irony really must be spoon-fed to the poor dear!)