Grimoire Maudit

Stoo

DIrishB said:
Cool. Let me know when you're getting close to finishing with those first 14 pages and I'll send over another batch of 14 or 15 pages.
I'm having some major computer trouble (typing this from my girlfriend's lapttop) so I'll be out of it for awhile.:(

Stoo

Grimoire Maudit - TRANSLATED (Part 1)

Anyone reading this owes their thanks to the magnificent, DIrishB, for providing these pages!:hat: Without him, this RARE TALE would never be seen by many (and Indy's handwritten script below is so fitting because of DB's generosity.) When this one is finished, we can re-visit indyclone's, "Secret de la Pyramide" scans from last year and do that one properly, too...Then we'll have all 3.:)

Now, I have to admit, the painting of Indy on the "Grimoire" cover is awful and stands apart from the other two Bagheeras. I tried to hide it as much as possible when working on it.:sick: It's really ugly but the story is very good, so far! Anyway, here we go...

The first bit is the translation for the stone tablet on the cover. It won't make any sense (it's really hard to decipher and as mentioned before, looks like medieval French) but was the best I could do and could be way off the mark. (If anyone could provide any further input, please do so!:)) I've posted the original versions for these 3 images for comparison but the remainder will be English only.

Original Stone Tablet
Nicolas Flamel ______________
____ a _____e parlon t________ent _
____re de celle eg___e certaines
ventes et mailons qu_________
acqu__tees et achatees _____oit
vaut pour faire certain ________
d__n et dutr___ions _________
chacun an p__ au______________
chans les quinze ans ________tel du
eu et autres egales et h_______
a p__s Soit prie __ les __________

(Tiny scroll above the smaller Indy's hat)
Homme nus et ma m________

Translated Stone Tablet
Nicolas Flamel ______________
____ to _____ speaking/talking ________
______ of those _______ certain
sales and links (?) that (?) _________
acquisitions (?) and purchases _________
worthy to make certain ________
____ and _______ _________
each year ___ ________________
____ the fifteen years ___________ of
had and other equals and _______
to ____ or pray ______________

(Tiny scroll above the smaller Indy's hat)
Naked man and my ________:confused: :eek:

GrimoireMaudit_00.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_00_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_01-1.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_01_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_02.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_02_ENG.jpg

"Hide this book in your breast and do not place it lightly in impious hands for it contains the secret of secrets. One must not throw this pearl in the furnace, for it is a gift from God. Indiana Jones, April, 1933."

That's exactly what this is...Thanks again, DB!:whip:

DIrishB

Cool, awesome job Stoo, especially on the cover.

I just recently moved, so no longer have internet access from my new place, so I'm limited in scanning the pages. No worries, though, as I can always finish up the scans using my friends computer. Just let me know when you're ready for more pages. Matter of fact, I'm going by my parents place next weekend so might be able to get some scanned then.

Stoo

DIrishB said:
I just recently moved, so no longer have internet access from my new place, so I'm limited in scanning the pages. No worries, though, as I can always finish up the scans using my friends computer. Just let me know when you're ready for more pages. Matter of fact, I'm going by my parents place next weekend so might be able to get some scanned then.
Thanks, guys. I wish I could have transcribed the tablet a bit better but it's hard to read. Anyway, scan pages whenever you have the chance. No need to send any new ones right away as the 1st batch isn't finished yet and I'm on vacation* tomorrow. Will let you know when I'm ready for more. It's so great to read these rare tales and "Grimoire" is shaping up to be a good one.

Enjoy your new digs, DB!

(*HINT: I'm going to the same place Indy did in Bagheera's "Secret de la Pyramid"!(y))

Stoo

Sad & Shocking Update

Hey m-3PO, unfortunately there's some bad news.:(

Without going into too much detail, about 3 weeks ago, DIrishB put his entire collection of rare Indy tales up for sale on eBay!:eek: It was subdivided into seperate lots and the auction was short (I missed the chance to bid for the Bagheeras before it closed). We've been in touch since then but he's currently incommunicado so I have no idea as to the fate of his "Grimoire Maudit" edition.

Of DIrish's scans, I still have 6 more pages to finish up (+ 2 low-res pages from the old Literature section of theraider.net but the text on them is small & hard to read in some places) and then that's it. I'll try and get the remaining pages up when I can but IF SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS "GRIMOIRE MAUDIT" (or bought DB's) and would like to share/scan the rest of it, PLEASE REPLY!

Don't know if DIrishB is completely out of the game but I'll miss his presence here and his generous contributions to The Raven community. Without a doubt, he is a righteous dude and deserves a tip o' the hat.:hat:

Junior Jones

Wow, too bad about Irish. I wonder what happened. :confused:

I have Grimoire Maudit. If I can figure out how to get it scanned, I'd be happy to help out. What page did Irish leave off at?

Stoo

Hey guys, DIrish is doing O.K. so no need to worry. Hopefully we'll see him again in the future and he can elaborate if he wishes. I'm still reeling from the shock, though...:eek:

Junior, that is GREAT news and it would be a pleasure to finally collaborate with you!:hat: Yes, please try and get them scanned when/if you are able. Anyway, anyhow, anywhere. The last of DB's scans is page 13 (where Indy gets kicked into a bookcase in the Hebraic Library). Currently, the finished pages are 800 x 580 at 200 dpi so, for the sake of consistency, try and keep that in mind if you (or anyone else) can provide some more.

Indyclones's "Secret de la Pyramide" thread was a blast to do as was Icybro & DIrish's "Cite de la Foudre" one so I'm really itching to complete this. Then we'll have all 3 Bagheeras translated!(y)

m-3po

Thats a real shock - wish i'd known it was up on ebay i'd have paid good money for it and then helped with the scanning. Must have been something really bad to jus get rid of all ur indy stuff just like that when uve been working hard getting it out there to the fans and a pillar of the indy community.

Stoo

I have 3 pages left to do before the well runs dry. Will try to finish them off soon but if ANYONE feels up to providing some more scans, then please do so!:)

Stoo

Grimoire Maudit - TRANSLATED (Part 5A)

Just checked and I already had this one finished. Rather than wait to post another trio, here's a single page to whet anyone's appetite in the meantime.;) (As done previously, the text blocking is meant to mimic the original as much as possible.)

GrimoireMaudit_11_ENG.jpg

Junior Jones

Stoo said:
I have 3 pages left to do before the well runs dry. Will try to finish them off soon but if ANYONE feels up to providing some more scans, then please do so!:)

I've scanned the next few pages, but haven't gotten around to sending them off to you. I'll try to get to it this weekend.