Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 03-09-2003, 10:38 AM   #26
DriftingTravis
IndyFan

Stucking in Prague

I need some help!

I'm in Prague in the room with a bunch of rats are running around and one side of the room is filled with water. I'm stuck in here and can't get out. I try to jump from the ledge to the chain hanging from the ceiling and I can't reach it.

There is also a bridge in the room with a leaver on it.

Thanks for any help.

NM I found out how to get around it!

[Edited by DriftingTravis on 03-09-2003 at 11:47 am]
DriftingTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:10 PM   #27
tas1987
IndyFan

Thanks James

That did it!!!
tas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:56 PM   #28
cdrwizkid
IndyFan

Chinese Puzzle? (Xbox Version)

Hi All,

I'm on the level where you have to get the blue torch and light up all the lantern things. I've done that and now its time to solve the puzzle. I don't seem to understand how to solve the puzzle. Did I miss something that gives me a clue as to how to do it? I'm assuming I have to move the 3 rings in such a way that will unlock the one door. I can't seem to find the right pattern. Does it have to match up with a symbol somehow?

Any help would be apprciated.

Thanks!

tank_7@hotmail.com
cdrwizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #29
Raffey
IndyFan

Re: Chinese Puzzle? (Xbox Version)

Quote:
Originally posted by cdrwizkid
Hi All,

I'm on the level where you have to get the blue torch and light up all the lantern things. I've done that and now its time to solve the puzzle. I don't seem to understand how to solve the puzzle. Did I miss something that gives me a clue as to how to do it? I'm assuming I have to move the 3 rings in such a way that will unlock the one door. I can't seem to find the right pattern. Does it have to match up with a symbol somehow?

Any help would be apprciated.

Thanks!

tank_7@hotmail.com

Press X which will give you an alternate view. A view from above so to speak. You'll see that the chinese puzzle has a pattern surrounding the rings you can manipulate. Turn the rings so that it matches the pattern.

[Edited by Raffey on 03-10-2003 at 10:39 am]
Raffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:40 AM   #30
Raffey
IndyFan

Re: Istanbul coin hunt

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumpled Fedora
I'm at the point where you have to find some coins (six, I think) and return them in a certain slot area. I know where the Trident coin is but I haven't found any others yet.
Can anyone help?

Activate your map. Your map tells you where each of these coins are.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:06 PM   #31
cdrwizkid
IndyFan

Length of Game?

Hi all,

I posted a few posts ahead of this one seeking help on the Chinese puzzle.

I got past that (thanks for your help), but I'm wondering where I am now in relation to the game overall?

I'm at the point where I'm going through a whole bunch of trials. I'm just wondering how close I am or how far I am from the end of the game?

Thanks again!

tank_7@hotmail.com
cdrwizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 04:43 PM   #32
Gregoire Defence
IndyFan

Very close.

You are in the Emperor's Tomb.
There is only one more location after this.
And it is very short.
Gregoire Defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:06 AM   #33
indygabe
IndyFan

Indy Stuck in Prague

Hello,
I am stuck in prague. I am right next to a chasm with a cage and a hook on the cage. The cage looks like it can be lowered but I seem to be unable to find a way to lower it. Anyway, the "whip across" icon appears and I can't seem to get the whip to attach to the hook. HELP!
indygabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:55 AM   #34
Agent-Smith
IndyFan

dude, you have to do a running jump and then whip across in midair. The problem I have with the PC version is the part right after that. I can't swing from the F#&@&*% chain once I climb up higher. Please tell me there is a way to do this in the PC version!
Agent-Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 11:51 PM   #35
Finn

And back on top... newbies (and old ones), keep in mind that this is the ONLY thread to ask help for ET.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 04:46 AM   #36
Quest
IndyFan

Re: Stucking in Prague

Quote:
Originally posted by DriftingTravis
I need some help!

I'm in Prague in the room with a bunch of rats are running around and one side of the room is filled with water. I'm stuck in here and can't get out. I try to jump from the ledge to the chain hanging from the ceiling and I can't reach it.

There is also a bridge in the room with a leaver on it.

Thanks for any help.

NM I found out how to get around it!

[Edited by DriftingTravis on 03-09-2003 at 11:47 am]

i was stuck there for a moment too, because you can only grab the ledge from one side. Stand on the side of the water and try to grab the ledge from there. Then when you're up there you can jump to the chain(s) of choice after lowering it with the lever(s).
Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 04:52 AM   #37
Quest
IndyFan

Raffey, Greg, you guys finished ET? Okies I have the PC version here but items wise its probably the same. I'm at Pillars of something in the Netherworld. Third last level I think. With the falling platforms and hanging lamps.

Anyway my health is really low (like 1/4th) and I managed to get to the second platform a few times. But I keep getting killed. Now if I keep trying I might succeed in getting to the third platform but I'll probably won't get any further than that. Are there any healthpacks/potions/canteenfillers there? Or at all in this level?

Also up till now I've just ignored the big stone knights and hurried to outrun them. There's a way of killing them (letting them barge up to you and then step aside so they crush theirselves kaputt into a wall. But you have to let them do that several times, then hit them with the PaCheng twice and then hit the demon spirit with the PaCheng too. Now that's time consuming and will prolly eat some of my precious health too. So it's best to ignore them?

With the four pillars that you need to turn, what's the correct order to turn them so the platform doesn't fall when you jump them. (seems to me turning up the most close platform first is smartest time wise because when you're done turning all pillars that's the one that will fall first. Or does it not matter?

So my questions really:

1. any hope for increasing my health ? where?
2. stone knights, easier way to defeat them?
3. pillars, their order, does it matter?
Old 03-29-2003, 11:27 AM   #38
J. Charles Holt
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Quest
1. any hope for increasing my health ? where?
2. stone knights, easier way to defeat them?
3. pillars, their order, does it matter?

1. Nope.

2. Yep. Try and kill the blue spirit first so he doesn't keep attacking you (throw Pang Sheck). Then just hack the terra cotta warriors up using Pang Sheck. If you're fast enough, they won't even get a hit in.

I remember when I first saw these guys I spent quite a while running around in a panic worrying about how to defeat them. Finally I just hacked using Pang Sheck and was surprised at how weak they were. They look more menacing than they are.

3. You're right, go for the ones closest to you first. Note that on the section with the two prayer wheels, you won't need your whip (or don't on the XBOX anyway).
J. Charles Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 11:35 AM   #39
Raffey
IndyFan

Yes, J. Charles Holt is correct in all three.

I would suggest taking out a piece of scratch paper and just turning the pillars then jotting down the correct order. It takes some doing but it saves you time in the long run from having to restart the level over and over.

You might not like this suggestion depending on how hard you found the previous level to be but I would suggest replaying it and try to conserve your health and medpacks.

I think you'll find it to be easier than the first time you completed the level.

You will need as much health as you can get as you move on with finishing the game...

(Oh BTW I think if you make it to the third pillars one of the stone statues drops a canteen or medpack when you destroy it with the star weapon but it doesn't fill you up all the way. I think...)

[Edited by Raffey on 03-29-2003 at 11:37 am]
Old 03-29-2003, 11:40 AM   #40
Quest
IndyFan

Thanks Raffey that last gave me some hope to play on to reach that medpack
Old 03-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #41
Rocky
IndyFan

I was wondering if someone could help as I am stuck on the prague level were you enter the room with the chandeleer and you push the lever and the guards below are killed by it. And all thats left is a chain.

I can see the hook to use the whip with so that you get onto the chain but no matter from where I swing and jump off the chain I cannot reach the balconey to the right. I'm assuming it's the right path as all the other doors are locked.

Is their something obvious I'm missing ?? no matter what height I try to jump from Indy always falls short.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 01:51 PM   #42
Quest
IndyFan

you need to swing to that balcony alright, keep in mind that the height on which you're hanging on a vine/chain/rope depends the length you will swing with it. If you're on the complete top of a chain/rope/vine you wont be able to swing. If you go a little lower you make a short swing move. If you go to the complete bottom of the vine/rope/chain you get farthest. However that does not mean you can reach the balcony by going lowest on the chain. Because height of the balcony is also involved, not just its distance. Finding the right height on the chain/rope/vine is often a challenge I guess.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:37 PM   #43
lornconner
IndyFan

The problem that I'm having is also related to swinging on vines/ropes/chains. Once you're on the rope/vine/chain and climb up or down, no matter how I try, I can't initiate a swing. The location on the rope doesn't matter..I can climb up or down, but nothing in the world will make Indy swing again.

Is this a bug?

lornconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 02:40 PM   #44
Quest
IndyFan

you can make it swing with the w or s button. The ones you use to walk. It's actually explained by the tips, guess you missed it.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:46 PM   #45
lornconner
IndyFan

I didn't miss it at all...that's my point...once I've climbed up or down the rope/vine/what-have-you, using the walk or go-back buttons does NOT reinitiate the swing.

Indy just hangs there. At first I thought it was because I had remapped the controls. I thought maybe it was a minor bug, so I reset the system defaults. That didn't do any good. Indy still doesn't swing with the W or S keys. Somebody suggested that I might be too high on the rope, but that doesn't make a difference either. I've tried climbing lower, climbing higher, and whistling dixie, but Indy won't swing.

The only things I can do are climb up, climb down, turn around, or jump down and break my neck.

Thoughts?

Lorn
Old 03-29-2003, 10:04 PM   #46
lornconner
IndyFan

For anybody else who is facing this problem, I found a solution (sort of)

I finally got frustrated and just pressed every key on the keyboard.

One of the keys (which wasn't mapped) started Indy swinging again. I'm not sure if this is a random glitch or what caused it, but this finally allowed me to swing on the vine.

Has anybody else faced this issue?

I'm trying to figure out if I should submit a bug report.

Lorn
Old 03-30-2003, 09:53 AM   #47
Finn

And UP again...
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:59 AM   #48
Wizzette3457
IndyFan

IornConner:

DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT KEYS on the keyboard helped you to SWING BACK AND FORTH again? I've set my default forward/back/up/down keys to the arrows as well, and I faced the same problem you did.....couldn't get Indy to swing back and forth no matter how low or high I climbed on the vines/chains/ropes.

So I did what you did....I reverted to the default keys and used the W and S keys. I'd rather not have to do that each and every time Indy needs to climb/swing and jump from a vine or chain.

Please post WHICH keys you used to get Indy to swing back and forth (w/keys mapped for forward, back, left and right as the ARROW keys).
Wizzette3457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 05:31 AM   #49
SensatioN
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by lornconner
For anybody else who is facing this problem, I found a solution (sort of)

I finally got frustrated and just pressed every key on the keyboard.

One of the keys (which wasn't mapped) started Indy swinging again. I'm not sure if this is a random glitch or what caused it, but this finally allowed me to swing on the vine.

Has anybody else faced this issue?

Lorn

Well, I have the same problem, but I pressed every key on the keyboard and nothing works. The only way to fix this problem to my knowlegde is to keybind the "move forward" NOT to your "UP arrow" key but to any other. This must be a bug. I play every other game I have with the arrow keys for moving around and it's very frustrating to move forward by pressing the "end" key for example... :S
I posted this also in the "patch topic".
SensatioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 05:50 AM   #50
SensatioN
IndyFan

The problem is solved in the "what do you want to see improved in a patch" thread! Read it, do it and you will be able to continue.
SensatioN is offline   Reply With Quote