New Acquisitions!!

Crack that whip

goodeknight said:
So what do people do when they get nine of the same poster??

I got five of the min-posters. One or two for wherever, and a few to give to friends. I can see wanting maybe three. Two to display and one to keep in a tube. But instead of repeating posters in two locations, I put up two different posters.

What do you do with nine??

A fine question. As it happens, I've been wanting to put up some posters, but our house has a lot of windows and lets in a lot of natural light, and I've been somewhat skittish about putting up one-sheets and such because of long-term damage from UV radiation; I plan to eventually get window treatments and such to prevent it, but in the meantime, if I've got nine of something, I'm not too worried about whether one or two get a little faded if I put them up. :p Also, it gives me the option of putting them up in multiple rooms (actually the bigger consideration), and of displaying them either with or without the little peel-off Blu-ray promo tag in the lower right corner (the one you mentioned over in my "AMC Marathon swag" thread). Most importantly, I'm thinking they'll be trading fodder for getting some other Indy loot, sometime in the future.

I wasn't originally going to take so many, but with them taking so long to go (such a shame more people weren't interested :( ), I eventually decided it'd be fair of me to get one for each time I saw Raiders during its run there, so that's what I did (though only eight times in IMAX; the ninth was during the marathon, of course).

Goodeknight

Crack that whip said:
A fine question. As it happens, I've been wanting to put up some posters, but our house has a lot of windows and lets in a lot of natural light, and I've been somewhat skittish about putting up one-sheets and such because of long-term damage from UV radiation; I plan to eventually get window treatments and such to prevent it, but in the meantime, if I've got nine of something, I'm not too worried about whether one or two get a little faded if I put them up. :p Also, it gives me the option of putting them up in multiple rooms (actually the bigger consideration), and of displaying them either with or without the little peel-off Blu-ray promo tag in the lower right corner (the one you mentioned over in my "AMC Marathon swag" thread). Most importantly, I'm thinking they'll be trading fodder for getting some other Indy loot, sometime in the future.

I wasn't originally going to take so many, but with them taking so long to go (such a shame more people weren't interested :( ), I eventually decided it'd be fair of me to get one for each time I saw Raiders during its run there, so that's what I did (though only eight times in IMAX; the ninth was during the marathon, of course).

Makes perfect sense to me. Especially like the trading bit. I have multiple Indy posters, but no repeats. My fav image is the original Raiders poster, but I also like the TOD silhouette poster. And the marathon poster is great, too. I'd rather have three different ones up.

Now I need to find room somewhere to put up the honkin' 6' standee poster from the marathon. hmmmm

Henry Jones VII

my new Raiders poster, already framed, ready to go to the wall. :D :D

Picture0004_zps9349928f.jpg

bonoferox

Found a loose Kenner Arabian Horse and LJN Thuggee at a flea market this afternoon. They were both in zip-lock bags with other garage-sale level toys for $6.00, but horrid condition on each. Still debating. The thuggee could be cleaned but wouldn't have his accessories, but the horse was missing the saddle, tail and had a lot of grime.

Goodeknight

Goonie said:
Bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless! :whip:
Nice. Sort of like some collectors who keep card packs in the wrappers and posters in the mailing tubes. "I've never looked at it, but I know it's beautiful."

got an "I like Ike" button from the Eisenhower presidential museum and library this last weekend...if you're ever in or passing thru Abilene, KS, it's definitely worth checking out.

Henry W Jones

I don't have time to post pics but in the last two months I got the Target exclusive lithograph BR set, I got my imax and marathon poster, two mini posters (for ROTLA and TOD), an awesome mine cart display (Thanks Inky!!!!! It is great!!!) and the UK limited edition BR arrived yesterday. I have not gone through the BR set yet but I have all the posters framed along with the lithographs and all will be gracing my wall soon.

ROB98374

I got a few items recently, and a few more are on their way...

I received the 2 other Official Pix autographs.
photobucket-6698-1352853841057.jpg
photobucket-1804-1352854276003.jpg

I picked up a few more slot machine items... The first one is glass.
photobucket-2258-1352606674984.jpg

photobucket-3766-1352606690969.jpg

photobucket-1405-1352606708340.jpg

photobucket-1396-1352606723555.jpg

And a few Disneyland items.
photobucket-13085-1352606445927.jpg

photobucket-1896-1352606422992.jpg

photobucket-19276-1352606525975.jpg

photobucket-4905-1352606564105.jpg

And to complete my 12" Sideshow collection
photobucket-2129-1352606657505.jpg

photobucket-2198-1352606639762.jpg

Me and my daughter went to the IMAX and the AMC Indy Marathon
photobucket-2360-1352606587901.jpg

And then I went out and bought the blu-ray. (Steelbook is on the way)
photobucket-11852-1352606623491.jpg

Exulted Unicron

Just returned from Memorabillia at the Birmingham NEC. Not much there Indy wise, but I did snag a few surprises.

First up:

indy95.jpg

12" Cairo Swordsman and Mutt - £25 for the pair.

indy92.jpg

Horizon Vinyl Henry Sr. Model Kit - £20

indy93.jpg

fairly weighty handmade Chachapoyan Fertility Idol - £10

indy94.jpg

Jacqueline Pearce (Annabelle Levi) autograph - £15

ROB98374

I received my Indiana Jones German Steelbook with the included USA made Zippo lighter today.
photobucket-24693-1354093765889.jpg

photobucket-12185-1354094634760.jpg

Last edited:

ROB98374

Started collecting the Topps Autograph cards.
Still looking for...
Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood (face forward Walmart version)
Kate Capshaw as Willie Scott
Alfred Molina as Satipo
John Rhys-Davies as Sallah
Lawrence Kasdan - Writer
Kathleen Kennedy - Producer
Frank Marshall - Producer
A better case to display the cards.
And of course Indy and the other rare ones...

20121219_010253_zpsc79eb6aa.jpg

Le Saboteur

I was @ the mall over the weekend and happened into a "toy store" that now occupies Borders' previous location. Not much on the shelf of note, but this little ditty stuck out.

3291_10151149440291433_217073321_n.jpg

Not only was I surprised to find anything from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on the shelf still, this has to be one of the worst tie-ins ever. Does somebody really want a remote-controlled ant?! Or, maybe they're in it for that "Ant Fact" booklet?

Montana Smith

Le Saboteur said:
Does somebody really want a remote-controlled ant?! Or, maybe they're in it for that "Ant Fact" booklet?

Who doesn't want an Uncle Milton Giant RC Ant? It makes a great companion for Uncle Milton's RC Tarantula!

uncle-milton-remote-controlled-spider-RC-tarantula.png

Le Saboteur said:
Not only was I surprised to find anything from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on the shelf still, this has to be one of the worst tie-ins ever.

The ant or the film?