Raiders Jacket at Planet Hollywood

Eric Solo

I'm at Planet Hollywood restaurant in Las Vegas. They have a jacket supposedly worn by Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark. BUT it has elastic on the cuffs and the waist! WHAT? Could it have possibly been a stunt jacket? Photos to come...

Marshall2288

Places like that (Hard Rock Cafe ext) usually put up a lot of BS that may be given to them by someone involved with a movie or band or sent by the studio or label. Elastic? Eh....I'd like to see pics.

Eric Solo

Jacket

Yeah , the thick brown elastic bands like on a bomber jacket. The plaque says" Harrison Ford Raiders of the Lost Ark Paramount Pictures/Lucasfilm 1981
"His jacket worn in the film in his role as Indiana Jones.
Courtesy of Angels and Bermins, the costumiers to the entertainment industry.

The collar is incorrect also because it has wear from snaps underneath the collar.

I have iPhone photos but don't know how to share them.

thehero21

Heres a picture of it, as you can tell its in now way an authentic Raiders jacket. and if it is, its likely just an early model that was obviously never used.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Eric Solo

Yes that looks like the one I saw, but the plaque was different. Also they had a blaster allegedly used by Carrie Fisher in one of the Star Wars films. I have my doubts about that prop as well.

HenryJunior

ahem, cough cough-
No.

Yeah I think I saw that from a distance outside the restaurant. Unless it's a stunt jacket we've NEVER heard about, no Indy jacket fits that look.
Terrible and unconvincing.

Indy's brother

HAHAHA!!! it has passants! Nice. It's like a "Members Only" version. "Members of what?" you might ask, to which I would reply, "Members of the Non-Accurate, Non-Fan, Costuming and General Replica Club." (aka the NANFCGRC, for short)

I mean, I'm not one of those snobs that obsesses over every tiny detail of the jackets like many do, but jeez. This is not even trying.

Indy's brother

Well, I would give them a bit more slack, if they didn't put a picture of the real jacket that looks nothing like it RIGHT FRIGGING NEXT TO IT.

Foisterers?
In.
Deed.

Perhaps they are also members of The International Brotherhood of Shysters, Prop Forgerists, and Sap Bilkers? Not sure on that. Pretty sure, though.

Stoo

Marshall2288 said:
Places like that (Hard Rock Cafe ext) usually put up a lot of BS that may be given to them by someone involved with a movie or band or sent by the studio or label.
Quite right. Apart from some items in the first few Hard Rock Cafes, many of their articles are replicas. Someone I know has personally watched his brother-in-law (who was, at the time, an employee of famous concert promoter, Bill Graham) scuff up a Fender Stratocaster in his garage in order to reproduce Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar for a Hard Rock Cafe!:eek:

This Indy jacket is shameful. What a laugh!:D

Marshall2288

I used to keep in touch with John Reznik of the Goo Goo Dolls several years back. After a visit to Orlando, Florida's Hard Rock Cafe I texted him to tell him I saw the guitar that he gave them hanging on the wall and it was surrounded with a nice display although i never knew he owned this particular guitar. His reply "I never did."

Stoo

Same with the Hard Rock Cafe in Toronto. They have a guitar attributed to Pete Townshend but it's complete hogwash.(n)

If any of you want to see a lot of this type of bull$h!t memorabilia, go to Las Vegas!

bonoferox

Interesting, that same jacket was also by the restroom at the HR in Chicago. Even as a 12 year old I knew it was bullsh*t and refused to let my mom take a picture of me next to it for that reason.

raven524

It's just a standard (though older model) USAF A-2 flight jacket, which the original design of Indy's jacket was based off of.

You think the memorabilia is bunk, you should try the food...

They should screw that to the wall.

Went once in Florida after a trade show...free drinks and a friggin amazing all girl AC/DC cover band.

Didn't bother with the rest.

Maybe that was the hard rock. Eh, what's the difference.