Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Goonie

AndyLGR said:
George Michael aged only 53, that ones a real shock.

He did have some problems with his heart a few years ago if I recall. Can't remember if it was a heart attack or what. If I remember correctly his first performance after recovering was at the London Olympics closing ceremony.

2016 is probably the worst year for celebrity deaths.

*edited* Ok, it wasn't heart trouble, it was pneumonia a few years back.

Last edited:

AndyLGR

roundshort said:
RIP Carrie Fisher
Wow not sure what to say about that. Star Wars was my childhood and I'm still a huge fan, so she's one of those celebrities i feel like I've grown up with.

Gear

Carrie Fisher's death is sad, indeed.

I've always been more a fan of the Indiana Jones franchise, but like most, I grew up with and loved Star Wars too. This is kinda another one of those 'Damn, right in the childhood' moments.

WilliamBoyd8

Debbie Reynolds, RIP

She had a long career as an actress, and (in my opinion) her best film was the 1957 "Tammy and the Bachelor" where she sang the title song "Tammy" which became a big hit.

Gear

I feel for the family.

I had read some of her last words were "I wanna be with Carrie." Just what I had read, unverified, but the family should be let be.

I will say, broken heart syndrome is real.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Usually this time of year there's a 2-part McLaughlin Group year end awards, sadly John McLaughlin passed away in August but worked right up to the end. You can revisit the gang's end of show predictions anyway. I guess he was never credited with the success of Mission Impossible and Independence Day twenty years ago.

Goonie

What a lousy end to the year. Media is reporting Carrie completed all her stuff for Episode VIII. Wonder how much of Episode IX will have to be changed.

Seeing our fave celebrities/idols/icons pass is hard, but if you actually got to meet them and have a quick chat, it's harder. Got to meet Carrie three years ago. Awesome lady she was. Can't fathom what the family is going through this week with two fine ladies gone. RIP Carrie. RIP Debbie.:(

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
On the bright side, Kirk Douglas is 100 and still blogging. There's going to be a changing of the guard of world leaders soon though, and not just Prince Philip, 95. Peruse the perennials in these dead pool lists. John McCain's mother seems to be immortal, 104.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Moedred said:
Bright Lights airs in March.
Moved up to January 7.

2017 dead pool entries are in, picked centenarian Beverly Cleary. But for $15 a list, these picks are probably better researched. A little off topic, so let me wish them all plenty of well deserved rest also. But not too much.