Music "phases"

oki9Sedo

What music are you obsessed with at the moment?

Right now I just can't get enough of Pink Floyd. I can't believe I didn't get into these guys years ago.

oki9Sedo said:
What music are you obsessed with at the moment?

Right now I just can't get enough of Pink Floyd. I can't believe I didn't get into these guys years ago.

I have been obsessed with Pink Floyd for years. Best not even to start up a conversation about them with me... I could go on for hours. ;) Every album, hundreds of bootlegs, biographies, etc... my Pink Floyd obsession runs deep.

But I'm generally into Prog Rock, Avant-Garde forms of music, experimental metal, Jazz, and Noise to name but a very little of my musical interests.

oki9Sedo

ResidentAlien said:
I have been obsessed with Pink Floyd for years. Best not even to start up a conversation about them with me... I could go on for hours. ;) Every album, hundreds of bootlegs, biographies, etc... my Pink Floyd obsession runs deep.

Well I can see why! They're incredible.

ResidentAlien said:
But I'm generally into Prog Rock, Avant-Garde forms of music, experimental metal, Jazz, and Noise to name but a very little of my musical interests.

I'm open to anything as long as its not R'n'B or that light pop/rock sh*t you always here in American teen movies.

oki9Sedo

ResidentAlien said:
Ugh, you and me both...

Yup. But its great to know there's so many bands out there that people can discover for the first time and wish they'd known about them before.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Frankly, right now I've been into a lot of kitschy 80s music that my friends and I can sing in the car. I feel like I might be starting to flow into a loungey phase of jazz and of Sinatra and his brethren.

Don Karnage

Dude, the 80's is where its at!

Right now ive been on a big 70s rock kick though.

My all time favorite music is Irish though. The Chieftains, Planxty, Altan, not that New Agey stuff...

sarah navarro

John Williams , i have been for a long time...it just wont stop!i just recently went to one of his concerts in Hollywood, he said Steven Spielberg was supposed to be there but he was off shooting indy 4 at the time(new haven ):D

oh and iv been into the irish punk rock thing lately-flogging molly and stuff like that, or anything played by an orchestra

Niteshade007

Right now I'm getting more into 80's music, but that's mostly because it's all I hear at work (waiter in a sport's bar). But most of the time my music tastes vary. I love The Rat Pack, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Doris Day, Eartha Kitt, Elvis (some of his stuff), Amy Winehouse, Michael Buble (my favorite singer currently), Gwen Stefani, Nelly Furtado, Goo Goo Dolls, The Fray, Dave Matthews Band, No Doubt, Hellogoodbye, Tim McGraw, Reba McEntire, Rascall Flatts...yeah, my musical taste is totally random, but I like it.

Don Karnage

sarah navarro said:
John Williams , i have been for a long time...it just wont stop!

you and my brother both :rolleyes: :p

have you ever heard of the acapella band moosebutter? they have a song that you might like.

sarah navarro

Don Karnage said:
you and my brother both :rolleyes: :p

have you ever heard of the acapella band moosebutter? they have a song that you might like.
i havent heard of them , they have a really weird name. how can i find a song by them?:D

Blackster

I can't stop playing the soundtrack to The Producers - went to see it on stage last week and the tunes are just stuck in my head.

berelain19

I'm not really into certain bands or singers. I usually like a song and I'll buy the single. The last one I bought was that remix of ''thunder in my heart''.

Somehow I never tire of Tenacious D.

DaFedora

It took me a while to found out about the a capella quartet-voiced tribute to the John Williams themes... and there's even been quite a few improv groups and lipsync contesters who have used that very track for big audiences... and sometimes with hilarious effects (y)

Some of my favorite adaptations (always nice to see people act like this :cool: ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5_...513606BB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkIrilbqvw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv359gtIcM0

Hawkeye

KISS. I'm completely obsessed with this band. I own every album, I've got my first KISS t-shirt framed on my bedroom wall, and I name each car after a KISS song. Even though I've only been a fan for 5 years, my passion rivals that of fans that have been there since the beginning. I'm very excited for the arrival of their first album in 11 years. It comes out this September, and it's supposed to have a raw rock 'n roll sound like KISS had in the 70's.

No Ticket

Currently love the following bands:

- Phantom Planet
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Coldplay
- Weezer (blue album, pinkerton, make believe)
- Grizzly Bear
- Regina Spektor (not a band but she's great)
- Ben Folds (BFF)
- Homie
- The Beatles (as well as Lennon/Paul's solo stuff)

I write my own music and those bands have been a heavy influence on me lately. I've got one band going, and another group of people I've been wanting to put together as a band (very talented) for years but they were always in another band. They finally are wanting to do it with me but I might be moving AND well... they're lazy and have put off jamming for weeks now. :p

I love listening to albums. I'm not a single person. I have to hear albums, I love the whole idea of a stack of songs sticking together with some coherency.

IAdventurer01

Ever since I first saw them in concert last year - Tally Hall.

Check them out - and their online videos. They're pretty funny.

Le Saboteur

Currently:

- The New Orleans Bingo! Show, Vol. 1, Soft Emergencies;
- Wynton Marsalis, In This House, On This Morning;
- Kenny Dorham, Una Mas;
- Cowboy Mouth, Voodoo Shoppe;
- Sweeney Todd Broadway Cast Recording.

At least that's what in my cd player at the moment. It'll probably change in a couple of days since I have a couple thousand cds.