Indy 4 on DVD

mattzilla2010

Whoa. That crystal skull looks REALLY cool. I hope they have that in the U.S. release. Maybe I can run around hypnotizing people with it...:D

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Oh no.
It's not enough that I have to witness the weak treatment and execution of Lucas' hearted "McGuffin" in the movie I've been looking forward to so much. Now I have to actually buy one of those ugly skulls. (Maybe, in twenty years, when Spielberg will reveal his true feelings about this movie -which will be more in the Doom vein- there'll be a release, in which the skull comes packed in a bowling bag.)
Pardon my "hating" on the shiny object of so many people's desire but my associations with it just aren't very positive.
I do very much anticipate getting lost in the behind the scenes footage that will hopefully be on the second disc. It will be painful to watch them being committed to turning the, on so many levels lacking script, into an actual movie and everyone talking about the blast they had doing it. But maybe there are some answers as to how this could happen on the way.

Darth Vile

torao said:
Oh no.
It's not enough that I have to witness the weak treatment and execution of Lucas' hearted "McGuffin" in the movie I've been looking forward to so much. Now I have to actually buy one of those ugly skulls. (Maybe, in twenty years, when Spielberg will reveal his true feelings about this movie -which will be more in the Doom vein- there'll be a release, in which the skull comes packed in a bowling bag.)
Pardon my "hating" on the shiny object of so many people's desire but my associations with it just aren't very positive.
I do very much anticipate getting lost in the behind the scenes footage that will hopefully be on the second disc. It will be painful to watch them being committed to turning the, on so many levels lacking script, into an actual movie and everyone talking about the blast they had doing it. But maybe there are some answers as to how this could happen on the way.

Tell me you wouldn't buy a DVD of a movie you disliked???

Cassidy

That cover (while subject to change) certainly would fit in with the re-releases on DVD, but here's one I made to go with the original 2003 DVD set - I was the one who made the cover that was posted in the Fan Art section which someone ripped from Indygear.

It was an early version that I was messing around with, here's my final version.

kotcs3dml2.jpg

Darth Vile

Cassidy said:
That cover (while subject to change) certainly would fit in with the re-releases on DVD, but here's one I made to go with the original 2003 DVD set - I was the one who made the cover that was posted in the Fan Art section which someone ripped from Indygear.

It was an early version that I was messing around with, here's my final version.

Excellent piece of work...:D

Forbidden Eye

Great cover! I would love the DVD cover to look like that(it'd go perfect sitting next to my box).

But you know the film is rated PG-13 right?

James

Nice dvd cover!

Darth Vile said:
Tell me you wouldn't buy a DVD of a movie you disliked???

How would that be any different from someone devoting hours each day to a film they disliked? :D

OmegaSeamaster

Forbidden Eye said:
Great cover! I would love the DVD cover to look like that(it'd go perfect sitting next to my box).

But you know the film is rated PG-13 right?

Really? I thought it was rated "G" with all the CGI gophers and non-violence.

DoctorEss

Cassidy said:

kotcs3dml2.jpg

That...is perfect. I had started work on one, but yours sort of makes it unnecessary for me to finish mine!

Have you uploaded it anywhere yet? I'd definitely use yours, if the retail cover ends up not matching the 2003 set.

Dayne

I seriously can't wait for the DVD. I've seen the movie three times in theaters and still haven't gotten an ounce warry of it! I love it and thinks it fits in quite snuggly with the others...

indyclone25

i agree --- but you know there are the haters and the will b@tch and complain but they will still buy the dvd ---

indyclone25 said:
i agree --- but you know there are the haters and the will b@tch and complain but they will still buy the dvd ---

Yes, I think I am going to buy it just so I can re-edit it with Looney Toons sounds. Whenever a gopher pops up I will add the sound of the Road Runner going "Beep! Beep!" and when Mac gets taken away at the end I will dub over his lines with "Buhdeeb buhdeeb a... that's all folks!"

Nurhachi1991

Agent Spalko said:
Yes, I think I am going to buy it just so I can re-edit it with Looney Toons sounds. Whenever a gopher pops up I will add the sound of the Road Runner going "Beep! Beep!" and when Mac gets taken away at the end I will dub over his lines with "Buhdeeb buhdeeb a... that's all folks!"

Can you throw in that singing frog to? Please for me

Nurhachi1991

Sweet! you gotta love that frog!

you could edit in bugs bunny to in the doom town scene he could pop up and be like I should have made a left turn at Albakerky