From the Holy Grail to an alien spaceship; what next?

S-23

I just hope that it has no Shia in it. However, from what I have read it seems that he will likely be in the picture. I am afraid that Lucas is obsessed with bringing the franchise into the 1960s, which will kill the Indiana Jones character. Lucas also seems to be obsessed with making Shia the new star of the franchise.
To quote Han Solo from Episode 4, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Johnny Nys

Crystal Skull is based on the famous and interesting legend of El Dorado. Except for Mac's blatant interest, the quest for a mythical city of gold was pushed to the background to concentrate everything on the skull, its power and its alien/interdimensional origins.

El Dorado was already handled in one of the Indy novels, so basically all those possible McGuffins are up for grabs. And yes, they might put a spin to it as well, only using them as the basis for something completely different.

Darth Vile

Nesmrtelnost said:
I did not mean that Indy + transformers would be good. I don't think so. What I meant is that a character like Indiana Jones can fit in all possible situations (or almost). Thanks to his reactions, his disbelief in "magic" what would seem to be too extraordinary can become "tangible". Indy movies' creators understood that I think. Indy makes us believe in anything; that's pure magic!
Your idea of the Excalibur quest is very interesting. If not for a movie, it would be a great subject matter for a book.

Well I'd agree that, as a high concept, Indy could potentially get involved in any kind of story... be that aliens (as we've seen), the Loch Ness monster, yeti and werewolves/vampires etc. etc. His character is a natural fit with any direction that Lucas/Spielberg would want to take. The only caveat I'd have is that "the audience" still expects an Indy movie to be somewhat grounded in the real world i.e. it's not the alternative universe of a Gotham City and/or Metropolis, but a period piece adventure that has some semblance of "reality"... so if they are clever enough, they could more or less fashion any adventure for Indy.

bgiles73

Oh Lord, bad thought! What if the next Mcguffin in some way shape or form involves time travel? Indy going back in time to when the artifacts he is questing after was new! We had aliens in the last one, remember! George Lucas does seem to be going with out there ideas these days. So why not? Maybe somehow Stonehenge and Merlin the Magician could be involved. Indy ventures into the frozen wastes of Siberia, Mongolia, Antartica or any other icy place to find his answers. Maybe the movie will begin with Mutt, in the year 2012 in some Mayan ruins getting transported through time and going on an adventure through time with his old man. Who knows maybe Sean Connery would come out of retirement for one last adventure! The Mayan Calender could work as a reset for the whole adventure! The whole time travel thing worked for Star Trek!:cool:

kongisking

Indy's Fist said:
They also need to have Sallh in it. He seems to pop up evey other movie. Besides he IS Indy's best friend, better than Mac!

The reason Sallah didn't show up in TOD or KOTCS is because Indy wasn't going to a desert-ish locale. George Lucas said it himself. Sallah's a digger! What's the use of having him in a jungle (which is where most of TOD and KOTCS' adventuring take place)?

kongisking

Indyfan4ever said:
Dinosaurs, perhaps?

I would prefer Indy to go after a McGuffin with ancient Greek mythology...but Dinosaurs would be something cool to watch too. The new Ice Age movie has a land with "lost" dinosaurs that didn't go extinct. I could see Indy in a King Kong esque adventure. Could be interesting!

I posted this a long time ago but I'll write it again...

a year ago I had a dream about Indy and dinosaurs. Indy is holding a rocket launcher and a trex is running full speed towards him (like the ending of Jaws) Well instead of saying "smile you s.o.b." like from Jaws....Indy yells to the rex, "YOUE BELONG IN A MUSEUM!!" and he shoots the rocket...exploding the rex. *

....sounds cool, might be kinda corny though...any thoughts? haha

-IndyFan4Ever
:whip:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AtticProductions08

Did someone mention His Royal Majesty? I'm all for THAT idea!!!!!!

* That would make an awesome scene in such a movie. Great usage of that classic line, while at the same time an affectionate nod to Jaws. Genuis. :cool:

Spiked

Oh Lord, bad thought! What if the next Mcguffin in some way shape or form involves time travel? Indy going back in time to when the artifacts he is questing after was new! We had aliens in the last one, remember! George Lucas does seem to be going with out there ideas these days. So why not? Maybe somehow Stonehenge and Merlin the Magician could be involved. Indy ventures into the frozen wastes of Siberia, Mongolia, Antartica or any other icy place to find his answers. Maybe the movie will begin with Mutt, in the year 2012 in some Mayan ruins getting transported through time and going on an adventure through time with his old man. Who knows maybe Sean Connery would come out of retirement for one last adventure! The Mayan Calender could work as a reset for the whole adventure! The whole time travel thing worked for Star Trek!:cool:
I wonder what bgiles73 from 2009 thinks of DoD? 😲

michael

I wonder what bgiles73 from 2009 thinks of DoD? 😲

lots of good older posts and predictions in this part of the forum.

there's one with Robert Pattison as a reboot for Indy, which is funny cause he is basically in a 'reboot' of Batman now.