The Official Wild Goose Chase Thread (for all the rumors with undisclosed source)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Aaron H said:
I'd like to throw my fedora into the rumor ring.
The project has somewhat stalled...but not completely like this guy claims!
The delays have been attaching people to the project. The Bearded Ones desire total secrecy in this project, since there are millions of $$$ riding on it. That being said they are only giving out snipits of the script to agents, in turn they are being equally picky and want to see the whole thing. Last thing you want your talent tied to is a MAJOR box office flop. (not that I'm saying that it is going to, but that is the fear right now)

That is where we stand right now. I would anticipate that most of this will be cleared by the end of the month (April) and the project can start moving forward again.

You know, I've been pretty confused by your comments from time to time, as I thought you claimed to have full insider insight and wasn't sure how much I could trust that or whoever informed you.(You said you had read portions of Darabonts script and other things. Those portions sounded damn good, btw, with all the words about him being disenchanted. It really gives me a headache to think about how good that script is....)

I think, though, that this assumption concerning the casting conditions and problems sounds to be dead on, no matter if it is pure thought or an actual insider information!! Thanks a lot!

fedoraboy

Aaron H said:
I'd like to throw my fedora into the rumor ring.
The project has somewhat stalled...but not completely like this guy claims!
The delays have been attaching people to the project. The Bearded Ones desire total secrecy in this project, since there are millions of $$$ riding on it. That being said they are only giving out snipits of the script to agents, in turn they are being equally picky and want to see the whole thing. Last thing you want your talent tied to is a MAJOR box office flop. (not that I'm saying that it is going to, but that is the fear right now)

That is where we stand right now. I would anticipate that most of this will be cleared by the end of the month (April) and the project can start moving forward again.

And no, Steven is not going to remove himself from the director's chair.

Echoing the comments of others, is this FACT or are you speculating, and does the fact that the project has 'stalled' mean that filming dates and ultimately the release date will need to be knocked back??

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
We will see this steamroll ahead soon....as far as my comments' source "no comment".

Also as far as no one seeing the script, did you read that USAToday interview/article? They said in there that none of the actors have read the script (except Ford, of course).

Dr.Sartorius

Aaron H said:
We will see this steamroll ahead soon....as far as my comments' source "no comment".

Also as far as no one seeing the script, did you read that USAToday interview/article? They said in there that none of the actors have read the script (except Ford, of course).

Are you claiming to have contact with Amblin, Dreamworks, Paramount, or Lucasfilm?

Dr.Sartorius

Aaron H said:
Did I say that? I don't remember saying that...:cool:

You didn't say that specifically but you talk as if you know someone with insider contacts or you somehow get insider information yourself. If that's the case there'd have to be contact with someone somehow affiliated with those organizations.

romantico

Possible Indy 4 Plot Rumor

Not sure if this is where I should post, but beware. Thi is a POSSIBLE Spoiler. Keep in mind, its a rumor that has NOT been confirmed, but still a pretty cool rumor, if true.

"Meanwhile a source for CHUD says that the opening action scene of the upcoming "Indiana Jones IV" will pit Dr. Jones against Russians agents in Area 51. Seems much of the story will delve from Erich von Däniken's 1968 novel Chariots of the Gods?" which centers on the theory that many ancient civilizations' technologies and religion were given to them by space travelers who were welcomed as gods.

LaBeouf will apparently play a 50's guy thrown together with Indy who only later discovers that they're related. Crystal skulls are also said to play a key component."

http://www.darkhorizons.com

Dr.Sartorius

As long as actual aliens aren't involved it sounds pretty interesting...It's probably not true though....

Last edited:

romantico

I thought the same as you

But just checked. The source nailed it with the plot to Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith and Superman Returns about a year before each film hit theatres. Not only did he get the title of Sith right a year before it was leaked but the storyline to both Sith and Superman (although Superman had been changed some) I'm taking this as a reliable source so far. Just wish they'd leak some more.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
aahh...it's the chud rumor. at least that's where i saw it first (unfortunately i kept reading although the title suggested some kind of spoilage....) i guess this should go into the spoiler section....where it actually already is :)

Dr.Sartorius

romantico said:
But just checked. The source nailed it with the plot to Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith and Superman Returns about a year before each film hit theatres. Not only did he get the title of Sith right a year before it was leaked but the storyline to both Sith and Superman (although Superman had been changed some) I'm taking this as a reliable source so far. Just wish they'd leak some more.

Heh, I guessed Episode III's title a year before it was released also.

I thought, Revenge of the Sith would be a cool title for the next SW movie.

Finn

Staff member
I merged the two recently opened topics about the alien rumors into this thread. Suits here just well 'til we get more info about this one's relibiality. (At which point a new thread can be opened - into the spoiler section that is.)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
that's cool!:)
it will also help me with my plan to get hypnotized and make myself believe that this is just a rumor or some piece of fan fiction...

MsIndy07

I highly doubt this article, there is no way this guy read the script. Also, if Marion remains Indy's love interest (wife, baby daddy) then where does Cate Blanchett factor into this movie?? As Sia's love interst, highly doubtful!