indyclone25

arent we suppose to chatting about avatar? let's try to get back on track here guys and gals . after watching the trailer i was still wondering what i was watching ---- i guess cameron just wanted to show off the artistic style being done for the movie ---- but he needs more to be said about what the films story will be about ---- ah well i'm sure there will be another trailer to see soon ........

RedeemedChild said:
BTW Resident Evilness I'm not a child. Sometimes your responses like the above quoted content makes me scratch my head and wonder how in the heck did even survive this far? Your logic is at times quite twisted my poor intellectual friend.

On the other hand I really do wonder if your linked to the Hellfire Club as I have quite the proof that such sick organizations do indeed exist. On the other hand one such club is located in Bohemia, California and Alex Jones has given much coverage to such things BTW as has Art Bell.

I feel sorry for you as I do understand that you have not the slightest idea of how important respect for purity, the sacredness of women, the holiness of marriage and the bond between a man and his wife and the innocence of children is precious in the sight of God and sane mankind. Now please let us return to the subject of James Cameron's Avatar.

First of all... it was YOU who changed the subject, as you find a way to shoehorn your ****ing god into every topic.

Secondly, that's exactly the point that you've missed the whole time-- it is YOUR ****ing god. No one else's. Just because some ****ty old book says jump off a bridge, doesn't mean you jump. You're so blinded by insane tradition, it's frightening. You have been indoctrinated. You're just too stupid to see it.

RedeemedChild

indyclone25 said:
arent we suppose to chatting about avatar? let's try to get back on track here guys and gals . after watching the trailer i was still wondering what i was watching ---- i guess cameron just wanted to show off the artistic style being done for the movie ---- but he needs more to be said about what the films story will be about ---- ah well i'm sure there will be another trailer to see soon ........

Thanks for the on topic message indyclone25.

BTW here is something regarding story line from wikipedia.org

The story’s protagonist, Jake Sully, is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will give him a healthy body. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush rainforest-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms – some beautiful, many terrifying. Pandora is also home to the Na’vi, a sentient humanoid race that humans consider primitive, but are actually more evolutionarily advanced than humans. Standing three meters tall, with tails and sparkling blue skin, the Na’vi live in harmony with their unspoiled world. As humans encroach deeper into Pandora's forests in search of valuable minerals, the Na’vi unleash their formidable warrior abilities to defend their threatened existence.

Jake has unwittingly been recruited to become part of this encroachment. Since humans are unable to breathe the air on Pandora, they have created genetically-bred human-Na’vi hybrids known as Avatars. The Avatars are living, breathing bodies that are controlled by a human 'driver' through a technology that links the driver’s mind to their Avatar body. On Pandora, through his Avatar body, Jake can be whole once again. Sent deep into Pandora's jungles as a scout for the soldiers that will follow, Jake encounters many of Pandora's beauties and dangers. There he meets a young Na’vi female, Neytiri, whose beauty is matched by her ferocity in battle.

Over time, Jake integrates himself into Neytiri's clan, and begins to fall in love with her. As a result, Jake finds himself caught between the military-industrial forces of Earth, and the Na’vi – forcing him to choose sides in an epic battle that will decide the fate of an entire world.

I've been reading up on Avatar and when I watched the trailer I was able to grasp the storyline fairly well even without dialogue. Howbeit the music choice was strange. I was expecting something like Hans Zimmer or John Williams.

BTW Resident Alien, please stop flying off the handle. Your blood pressure is getting to high. I'm worried for your health. Your veins are swelling and your forehead is red with anger.

Spasms of anger are not good for such a prim and proper senior as yourself. One must remain calm so that they can discuss matters calmly and sanely instead of using colorful, indeed very colorful language and mocking another man's religious belief as you've done mine. I have extended to you an olive branch and you have in turn acted like the skeleton in the closet. What's wrong RA? Can't we discuss matters in this tavern in grown-up manner?

The wine is red and so is the heart of a man lost at sea via his own clouded mind
: Author Unknown.

Last edited:

Cole

It almost sounds like 'Dances with Wolves......in Space.'

Regardless, I thought the trailer was pretty neat......should be an amazing visual spectacle. The cast also includes Signourney Weaver so it should be neat seeing her back.

We've been hearing about this huge, epic, "revolutionary" movie for many, many years now though........it may be doomed to fail against its hype and reputation.........but I think it can still be a great movie.

I can only imagine how up-in-arms the fanboys are over the digital creatures.

Cole

A group of extremely enthusiastic fans are sometimes referred to as "fanboys."

And it's very popular that these "fanboys" often despise CGI.

Thanks for saying I'm clever RA. BTW i think this Avatar is a crappy movie an futher more i think it is an insult to Avatar the last Airbender and it gives Avatar a bad name, give it another name! And the creatures are despeakable. That's my toughts on the movie

RedeemedChild

Cole said:
A group of extremely enthusiastic fans are sometimes referred to as "fanboys."

And it's very popular that these "fanboys" often despise CGI.

Thank you Cole. I also consider myself a fanboy at times. I'm not against CGI however. I really enjoyed CGI in Pirates of the Caribbean, J.J. Abram's Star Wars, Sony/Marvel's Spider-Man movies and the Star Wars prequels along with the SW: The Clone Wars TV show.

BTW I knew what fanboys were, I was just out in the cold regarding the "up in arms" but now I get it. Thanks again.

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

RedeemedChild said:
Thank you Cole. I also consider myself a fanboy at times. I'm not against CGI however. I really enjoyed CGI in Pirates of the Caribbean, J.J. Abram's Star Wars and the Star Wars prequels along the SW: The Clone Wars.

Oh no you di'int.

deckard24

Wow, what the hell did my post start?

Originally Posted by RedeemedChild
Furthermore National Geographic, The History Channel, NPR, CNN, Discovery Channel and Yahoo Movies all praised 10,000 BC as an "epic adventure" and a "splendid" movie that was "one of a kind."

Well I don't know what movie those critics saw, but it definitely wasn't the same one I could barely make it a quarter of the way through. These reviews say it all:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10000_bc/

A few quotes from various reviews:

If you absolutely must endure 10,000 BC, do as we did and take along a pencil - jabbing the nib in your eye might be the only way to regain a sense of feeling after the dumbest, naffest cinematic violation of your life
crap, and more crap in a crap bucket
It’s a horrible movie.
Overblown and stupefyingly dull.
10,000 B.C. isn't only brain-dead, it's completely dead. It's inert and without a heartbeat.

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

RedeemedChild said:
Are you saying that JJ Abram's Star Trek did not have CGI?

No man, you typed JJ Abram's "Star Wars". Not "Star Trek". I was poking fun at your typo. Unless you meant to type it that way.

|ZiR|

If this thread was a woman, I'd lay her down and give her a good ol' fashioned Southern-style pokin'.

I love this thread so much.
emot-allears.gif

indyclone25

so am i to understand that the humans in the movie are actors not cgi? and the aliens are cgi? cause if thats the case i wasn't impressed by the aliens , not realistic looking enough.

bennihana123

I don't think it's so much the CGI itself, but rather the designs. Cameron also made the film very bright and colorful, which is different to the washed-out, gritty, look of 'realistic' movies.

Looking forward to it, but I doubt its a game-changer. I heard the IMAX 3D was amazing at the free screenings. :D

oki9Sedo

Based on the trailer, the effects are excellent, but as good as anything else this year, rather than revolutionary. They still have four months anyway, so we'll see how much they progress.

Effects aside, the word is that the story and characters and script are fantastic, and at the end of the day this is JAMES CAMERON, so I'm optimistic.

Cole

oki9Sedo said:
Based on the trailer, the effects are excellent, but as good as anything else this year, rather than revolutionary. They still have four months anyway, so we'll see how much they progress.

Effects aside, the word is that the story and characters and script are fantastic, and at the end of the day this is JAMES CAMERON, so I'm optimistic.
I agree with what you're saying.

Perhaps it will be meant to be seen on a 3D IMAX screen to fully "get" the toted "revolutionary" aspect of the film.

Fortunately my local theater only opened like 10 years ago, and they have an IMAX screen........I saw the NASCAR IMAX there in like 2004 and it was in 3D, and the technology and realism of it absolutely blew me away. It literally felt liked Jimmie Johnson was right there.

Problem is, 3D IMAX theaters are extraordinarily rare, so probably like 90% of the viewers are going to see it on a regular screen.

RedeemedChild

Well as I've said before I believe Avatar will indeed be well worth the wait and great expectations. And no Doc Whiskey I did not intend to type Star Wars but rather Star Trek. Thank you for pointing out my error DocWhiskey.