Spoiler pics from Vanity Fair

IrishLuck1980

I am worried and excited at the same time. God I hope this movie captures the classic Indiana Jones feel. I've been craving it since Last Crusade and the Young Indy Chronicles. (YES Chronicles, not Adventures) :gun:

jasperjones

Look, lets not get all worked up here.

There's n o way the tone is going to be 50's sci-fi as opposed to 30's. The film is going to feel completely similar in tone to all of the others and closest to Raiders. We know that. When Lucas talks about the 50's era being perfect for this macguffin he's right. 20 years later for Indy sets it during teh cold war, the space race and everything else. We know that aliens are gonna be involved but there are various theories that have existed for years about ancient religions worshipping aliens so I don't see that as a problem either. Ford says that he agreed to the Macguffin this time because the script they got worked and handled it well so he felt that it worked. The saucermen from mars didn't work because it wasn't a very good script. Not every script that has aliens in in has to suck. I'm sure Harrison and the berg are strong enough to stand up to lucas when it counts, and lets not forget that Lucas's strength is stories. He's best as a collaborative producer. THe stories of teh prequels were probably stronger than the originals but the trouble is that Lucas can't write a script worth sh1t so the execution was poor. Even a journey man writer could have turned in drafts that would have elevated the prequels enormously and the strength of that universe and characters would have carried the day. I cannot believe that Indy four will have a script below good and with Berg helming and FOrd starring I'm postive we'll be OK. I just wish Lucas would stop blaming the fact that his writing sucks on critics and anticpation. People wanted to love the prequels. People want to love Indy 4. It's only a minority that don't want it to be good.

Rant over

Falco09

" And the scary part of this movie, ultimately, is that it looks like it was shot three years after Last Crusade. The people, the look of it, everything. You?d never know there was 20 years between shooting. And I think people will be amazed. It?s like sitting in a big old comfortable chair you sat in: ?Gee, it?s just the same.? "

That's from George Lucas, so everybody just relax.

sarah navarro

replican't said:
In the video, Ford looks like someone's polished his face. Either that or its a robot.
Exactly my thoughts,in the pic i saw on vanity fair he looks fake.I cant watch the video right now though my computer is being all weird.

Lucas is a very good story writer and with Spielberg to help him its gonna be a great story,and I know Ford wants this to be the best movie ever so i have no doubts about any of this.:whip:

Johan

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Cate looks like the Sopia Hapgood of Infernal machine? Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
cuar03w_indianajones0802.jpg
barwood_interview_sophia.jpg
screenshot14.jpg

metalinvader said:

I can just see the final shot of KOTCS being Indy and/or Marion and/or Mutt strolling into the distance of this huge warehouse in a nod to the original finale. Music swells... Cast...etc.

Having read the online article, the only thing I can say is that although I'm a bit worried about all of this "sci-fi thing", Lucas' words also made me more curious about the film. Now I definitely can say I can't wait...

Regarding the pictures... if I'm allowed to say it... :eek: to me agent Spalko looks REALLY sexy...

deckard24

The Stranger said:
Having read the online article, the only thing I can say is that although I'm a bit worried about all of this "sci-fi thing", Lucas' words also made me more curious about the film. Now I definitely can say I can't wait...

Regarding the pictures... if I'm allowed to say it... :eek: to me agent Spalko looks REALLY sexy...

You got that right buddy! Karen Allen is looking pretty fantastic as well!

Let's not get too carried away with the incredibly sexy Spanko, I mean Spalko. We'll end up rooting for her in the movie!:D

commontone

The Stranger said:

I have to say I agree. In the video, when she's being directed by the photographer, she stands up and turns sideways and you see her profile...yow, very attractive. She also looks about 25 years old--Cate Blanchett is a total chameleon.

metalinvader said:
@Gruber..Spanko lol(y)

That's one of those times I dislike the fact I'm foreigner. :rolleyes: I can read/write English in a decent way, but I simply can't get the jokes and the idiomatic expressions you all often use... :(

sarah navarro

The Stranger said:
That's one of those times I dislike the fact I'm foreigner. :rolleyes: I can read/write English in a decent way, but I simply can't get the jokes and the idiomatic expressions you all often use... :(
Seriously?
Well im not the one to be explaning this but im here at the right moment.
SPANK as in spanking SPANK-O instead of Spalko.:p

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Falco09 said:
" And the scary part of this movie, ultimately, is that it looks like it was shot three years after Last Crusade. The people, the look of it, everything. You?d never know there was 20 years between shooting. And I think people will be amazed. It?s like sitting in a big old comfortable chair you sat in: ?Gee, it?s just the same.? "

That's from George Lucas, so everybody just relax.

...hehehee...

It's amazing (and I'm not being cynical here) how he manages to say all those (if taken out of context) dangerously ambiguous things (i.e.: "we're basically making Phantom Menace"). Yet, in the end there's something refreshing about the fact that he just seems to speak his mind without second guessing.

As far as the "I don't care for the critics and fans" stuff is concerned, I think he is right and wrong at the same time. There are critics who don't hate this film already and fans who have some intelligence and life left to put it all in perspective. He should know and consider that. On the other hand I can see how a man whose creations inspired a new breed of 20th/21st Century "fandom" is reacting to that by, on a number of occasions, ignoring what those people are saying about his work and thus also denying the fact that they are a part of what he has created and actually "reproducing" what he has started. I mean...to a certain degree fans tend to be a swarm-formed beast, that is better ignored.

There's that part of what Lucas said, that I really really loved: ;)

At nine a.m. he is holding a can of Diet Coke. He looks like an undersize bear. When he starts talking about Indiana Jones, a character he acknowledges is not dissimilar to Han Solo, his enthusiasm rises, breaking through his natural reserve. ?It?s a classic movie archetype,? he says. ?Clark Gable played that role forever, the same role, which is the freelance cynic who eventually comes around, whether he?s a newspaper reporter or a pirate. Humphrey Bogart would play it with a little bit more of an edge. Harrison plays that part really well and can play it with a certain amount of humor, which makes it really charming. And the idea originally for both Han Solo and Indiana Jones is he?s in over his head all the time and kind of treading water. In Solo, he?s got a lot more bravado and he?s actually better at what he does. He can actually handle it. Indiana Jones gets in over his head and he can?t handle it. It?s only by sheer, last-second skill, or luck, or whatever, that he actually gets himself out of it. You can?t create a character like that without knowing that someone like Harrison can have the right, befuddled, oh-my-God-I?m-gonna-die look. And you?re right there with him. He?s Everyman. He?s us. ?That?s exactly what I would look like if I were in that situation.? And it?s an honest look. It?s not contrived. A lot of those guys now try to copy that, the better-looking movie-star types who try to do it. In the end, Harrison is a movie star because he?s a character actor. He is like Clark Gable, who was also a character actor, and Humphrey Bogart, who was a character actor. Those people were not Adonis, superhero guys. But that?s why they?re so endearing. That?s why everybody loves them. That?s why they?re so much fun to watch on-screen, because they?re vulnerable.?

Amen.

sarah navarro said:
Seriously?
Well im not the one to be explaning this but im here at the right moment.
SPANK as in spanking SPANK-O instead of Spalko.

Thanks for the clarification Sarah!! LOL!! :D I didn't know the meaning of the verb "spank"... but I searched on the internet and now I've perfectly caught the joke. LOL!!

(y) to Herr Gruber :D