New KotCS picture

tocksic

ij4_04.jpg

snake_surprise

Wow, thanks for the huge scan!

I will say that my fears I outlined in my post at the top of this page seem ten-fold after seeing the pic enlarged. :sick:

Also, notice how Marion is behind Mutt, and behind Indy there appears to be a Russian soldier, perhaps?

littledavid2

uhmmm...I don't know there's something weird about this picture...it's not just the set lighting....looks like the carachters have been attached to the background with photoshop or something...

Blue Jay

behind shia and next to mac there is marion ravenwood standing, you can clearly see her outfit, but not her head.

Mac in the background, Marion directly behind Mutt... there's also a figure behind Indy. I can just make out a pair of legs. Wonder who it is.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
my facial expression is exactly like theirs...just imagine a thrill sound coming out of my mouth as well :)

Thanks, tocksic (huch, edit)!

Why does Mutt have a red thing on his face and Indy doesn't? I want to see BLOOD!!
Indy's trousers: ****ing clean (I agree with you here, snake_surprise)!
Still...cool choice for a promo image because of the awe on their faces. Is that John Hurt with the hermit and St. Francis-like "clothing" behind Indy?

HFFan

Holy cow! That pic gives me goosebumps! Harrison looks great! (Marion is behind Mutt, I believe.) And before everyone gets up in arms about the 'crispness', I believe this is a staged photo like the previous ones and not an actual screenshot.

Blue Jay

hmm, indy is missing his gun belt and his whip is attached to the trouser belt, thats new ;)

someone is wearing an apron behind indy... could be john hurt...

tocksic

Blue Jay said:
hmm, indy is missing his gun belt and his whip is attached to the trouser belt, thats new ;)

someone is wearing an apron behind indy... could be john hurt...

I would say the Russians took his gun and he barely could only get back his whip.

jasperjones

I think that that the light source behind the, is supposed to be daylight, ie they've only just stepped into the temple. Also this doesn't look like a finally graded shot so I wouldn't worry too much.

Niteshade007

Ok, I have to say, I am a bit relieved that Marion appears to be in this scene. I was a bit worried that her character would be more like a cameo appearance, and her lack of presence in the big LEGO set made me think that she really wouldn't be in the film for very long. But to see her here, in what I can only assume is the in the film's finale, is a good feeling.

However, everyone does look rather well put together.

tocksic

I edited the picture just a little bit in terms of color, lighting and sharpness and it looks like this could be such a cool situation in the movie!

coolcz2.jpg

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I just now realised that this is up at the main page. So....(edit: ) who provided you (and the other outlets) with that? Is it up at the Paramount press server?

joelwatts

My thoughts on the pic: looks like a publicity photo- actors posed to recreate a moment form the movie. The lighting is either publicity/ still photography lighting- the brightness may be washing out some of the details people are complaining aren't there, like dirt on Indy, etc. That being said, the look on their faces might suggest that the room the are entering is full of gold treasure, and that is why the light is so bright. Notice the few gold pots by Indy's feet.

Just a note, watch the making of Raiders footage in the well of souls- the lighting looks really bright when seen throught the documentary camera- nothing like the scenes appear in the real movie.

sandiegojones

tocksic said:
I edited the picture just a little bit in terms of color, lighting and sharpness and it looks like this could be such a cool situation in the movie!

coolcz2.jpg

Looks good, but I would expect it to be darker on the actual film (like the opening to "Raiders"), the camera is likely in front of them too. This is a production still.

metalinvader

tocksic said:

coolcz2.jpg

Very nice!(y) It does look alot better.
In all seriousness,I really doubt this is a scene from the movie.Most likely they told all of the 'good guy' actors to pose in the arch way for a promo pic,Which may explain the lack of Indy's gun belt.