Indy's diary on display at Skywalker Ranch

metalinvader

I wonder if the diary on display actual has illustrated pages.Regardless,It's still an amazing piece and it's nice to see it on display with other Indy props.

Stoo

The idol has eyeballs. It must be the one that was supposed to have moving eyes.
Is it just me or does the diary look a little too thick?

Thanks for the link, Adam!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
CNN takes the tour...

120823083059-doug-grail-diary-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Goodeknight

120823082000-doug-blue-barn-blue-barn-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Caption: You'd never know it by looking at it, but inside this unassuming blue barn on George Lucas' famed Skywalker Ranch are some of the most iconic props in movie history. A group of hard-nosed journalists heads in, about to be reduced to giddy children.

I guess the guy in gear is a "hard-nosed journalist." Probably one of his favorite assignments of all time!

120823082226-doug-hat-whip-golden-idol-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Mighty long whip. Looks like at least a 12 footer. Maybe more.

I love how everything seems so out in the open. Like it's just sitting around, not behind 6" of bulletproof museum glass.

I said:
Those are awesome! Do you think he wrote about all his crushes in there?
Dear Diary,

today I stole a flower for Elsa and she put up a stink about it. Not only that, Marcus has gotten really snippy with me since...its like he TOTALLY jealous!
No.

Are you related to Chris Hansen from DateLine NBC? ...cause you're pretty fixated on this stuff.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
goodeknight said:
120823082000-doug-blue-barn-blue-barn-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Caption: You'd never know it by looking at it, but inside this unassuming blue barn on George Lucas' famed Skywalker Ranch are some of the most iconic props in movie history. A group of hard-nosed journalists heads in, about to be reduced to giddy children.

I guess the guy in gear is a "hard-nosed journalist." Probably one of his favorite assignments of all time!

120823082226-doug-hat-whip-golden-idol-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Mighty long whip. Looks like at least a 12 footer. Maybe more.

I love how everything seems so out in the open. Like it's just sitting around, not behind 6" of bulletproof museum glass.

I guess Lucasfilm are not too concerned with preservation, you know, sticky fingers and all.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
You think you could have fought your way out with a whip and a sword?

Yes, I could.:D However, I mean't preserving the items to museum standard to stop their depreciation and protect them from damage.